Gramatica Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Per Mike Reiss

Gramatica released

Martin Gramatica has been released by the Patriots, effectively ending the kicking competition.

The job is rookie Stephen Gostkowski's.

BB did this for the vet, so he can catch on with another team before all the vacancies are filled. Didn't Green Bay release Billy Cundiff?

To my I like Stephen Gostkowski

Go Gostowski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all rooting for ya!

That was a dramatica announcement!

There goes the two kicker theory.

Hallelujah!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ghost > Vinatraitor. :rocker: :D

Ok I wish, but screw Vinatraitor.

YES - NEM was wrong again.

I think we all (well, almost all) knew it was over at the end of the last game.

BB was talking about making a decision about what they would do for Saturday...so he has made his choice. A bit surprised...but yes, he was released so he could catch on. Gramatica is NOT all that bad...seems like he has recovered from his injury. Good luck to him!!

I saw this coming. The kid did a good job in the last game. So what were they going to do, let Gramatica kick in the next game? Patriots-80 had it right, a chance for Martin to catch on with another team. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Probably Miami, then the writers can site another example of how good Miami has gotten.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
BB did this for the vet, so he can catch on with another team before all the vacancies are filled. Didn't Green Bay release Billy Cundiff?
I suspect this also gives Martin the chance to get a slightly better than vet minimum deal if 2 or 3 teams take an interest. Good luck to him, I hope his time here helped him with his comback.

Kdo5 said:
Per Mike Reiss
I think the kid is going to be OK. Just hope that we don't put too much pressure on him to win too soon. I can easily see that the Pats veteran players will keep Gostkowski's head on straight and focused to get the job done. Once again, in BB we trust. And he is usually right.

I will admit, though, I am a little more nervous than 5 minutes ago. Having Gramatica was a comforting feeling through the preseason games just in case.

FloridaPatsFan said:
I think the kid is going to be OK. Just hope that we don't put too much pressure on him to win too soon. I can easily see that the Pats veteran players will keep Gostkowski's head on straight and focused to get the job done. Once again, in BB we trust. And he is usually right.

Thanks to Gramatica and "good luck". I'm glad that the team seems to have played it straight with him.

Not only was NEM wrong, but so was John Madden 07!

I'm glad it's the kid, he seems really cool and level headed in interviews. I'm glad we have him.

No pressure on the Ghost?

Nah, if the kid misses a game winner I'll have his head on the chopping block :D

BelichickFan said:
I will admit, though, I am a little more nervous than 5 minutes ago. Having Gramatica was a comforting feeling through the preseason games just in case.

In case of what?

pats1 said:
In case of what?
Dunno maybe the Ghost will sprain his ankle like Vinatraitor? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye