PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell publicly admits Deflategate litigation is about control, not PSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am Brady, I am strongly considering a defamation lawsuit. This further evidence of malice. The NFL is upping the rhetoric without evidence of Brady's involvement in Deflategate for the sole purpose to make his deeds justify their actions to win back control. It is tough to prove malice in a celebrity defamation case, but the NFL is doing their best to give Brady all the evidence he needs.

what this pathological lying scumbag has NEVER realized is he has attacked ME, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, and essentially ALL the good, hard working NFL Patriot fans of New England. He has insulted our integrity, our honesty and our character by association. WE are TARGETS nationwide if we have the temerity to even sport a Pats cap. Our kids are wide open to ridicule, bullying, assaults and intimidation because of this ONE CRETIN, Roger Goodell, the most ignorant, unaware miscreant EVER associated with our love of sports. He is essentially a megalomaniacal monster without one whit,one sniff of integrity or foresight.

Roger Goodell THINKS he can just bully anybody he feels like , anywhere, any time he feels like it. He thinks he can call the police in Maine and make them act as his private security firm. He does not get it.

Roger, YOU are NEVER, EVER the rest of your pathetic, lying , rat scumbag life going to be welcome ANYWHERE in New England. Sell your Maine property and get out. Stay out. You are rotten scum of the earth and you deserve NOTHING but all the scorn , derision and animosity the six state region can muster ...the rest of your pathetic ego-mad life.
In the end Roger (the scumbag) Dodger has no say if his ruling will stand or not. From what ive read of the appeal it provides Nothing new, and nothing to show why judge Berman was wrong in his ruling.

Last edited:
According to the league that is what Article 46 allows.. What they fail to realize ( and this is backed up by Goodell's "this can't be allowed to stand" comment) is that there are Federal laws that govern Collective Bargaining and arbitration that require basic tenets of fairness and impartiality which were lacking in this process and guess what Roger....Federal courts trump the NFL.......

We soon might find Roger moving the NFL HQ to its own island located in international waters.

Country: New Goodella (against the law to ask where the Old Goodella was)
Capitol City: New Goodell (against the law to ask where the Old Goodell was)
Government type: ****-tatorship
Current Ruler: The Immortally Great Emperor Roger (pronounced Rozchaer)
Current Constitution: CBA (Edited Daily)
Currency: Chuck E Cheese Tokens (X-change rate to the USD (ask TIGER))

56732472.jpg

ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....ROGER GOODELL IS A LIAR.....AND I CAN PROVE IT.

It's basically as simple as that.

I wish I could bump into Mike somewhere and ask him why he doesn't ask Roger hard-hitting questions.

Roger Goodell not backing down with Deflategate: ‘We’re not going to allow that kind of decision to stand’

Finally, the commissioner was asked if he would be at Gillette Stadium for Thursday’s Patriots-Dolphins game after he didn’t attend the season-opener. Goodell will not be there.

“I’m leaving Wednesday night for London because we have a game in London,” he said. “We’re excited about that one. We’re having our third game over in London and I am excited to be over there for several days of events and finishing up our International Series in London.”

He's beyond unbelievable. If Kraft does not push for this scumbag's immediate resignation I'm done with the NFL. This goddamned submongoloid is far beyond the "Valley Of The Morons".

The Pats having BB and TFB, and dominating what Roger doesn't want dominated, is literally the only thing keeping me interested in the NFL* at all, and I will walk away from the NFL* when they are gone.

There have already been times during this potentially historic Pats season, that I have felt my interest wane.

I won't be able to devote any of my time in an entity that I do not respect, and cannot be sure is even being played on a level playing field.

the issue isn't that there are too many rules, the issue is that goodell overstepped his bounds and was wildly inconsistent regarding enforcement.

What an odd statement given everything that happened. So the premier name in the NFL was in cahoots with two equipment guys to change footballs to an illegal state, the NFL spends a ton of money to "prove" it, yet Goodell's statement now is the appeal doesn't have anything to do with him or any player, it is solely about the NFL's rights?

Given Mike&Mike could also be called Job&Blow for the NFL executive officers, this Q they posed couldn't have been surprising and the answer couldn't have been unrehearsed/somewhat unprepared.

I realize the overwhelming majority of the media just is not going to risk the ire of the NFL media juggernaut, so it is possible Goodell is lulled into the confidence of having the fix in and/or without concern for repercussions. But the statement is so stark in context of everything that happened. It is like a prosecutor standing on a soapbox in front of 100 TV cameras to proclaim how horrible the defendant he/she is prosecuting and they must be taken off the streets! The prosecutor then loses the case, and then gets back up on the soapbox again in front of the TV cameras to say 'The judge got the law regarding the verdict wrong. So I am appealing to make sure the wording of the law is always interpreted correctly. I don't care about the horrible man anymore being out on the streets, that has nothing to do with it.'. It would be surreal to see a prosecutor say anything remotely close to this.

This leads me to believe that either these slugs believe the story to push now is some sort of "their rights" laughfest, or Goodell is speaking from such a confidence of no media repercussion his inner entitled and warped thought process can easily slip out. To back up that second possibility, let's see how many non-Boston outlets give this very peculiar statement by Goodell any mention.

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum, going back to the Rivals.com era. Bravo!!

So the NFL's position is literally that the Commissioner should be able to do anything he wants to a player or coach for any reason with impunity?

That is precisely what they argued in Berman's courtroom.

I don't know if its been mentioned yet but goodell likens this to the Blacksox scandal of 1919. I posted in jest that goody was making this sound like the black sox scandal, but i never thought it could be true. Apparently its true.

"As you can see in the sample above, the league makes the argument that its "success depends on its integrity and the public's confidence that its games are fair." The NFL then uses the Black Sox scandal as an example of what happens when "those core values are diminished."

Of course, there are a few key differences between the scandals, namely that the NFL does not have definitive proof that Brady deflated the footballs below the NFL's allowed PSI level. During the Black Sox Scandal, two of the players under investigation confessed. "

NFL appeal in Tom Brady case likens Deflategate to 1919 Black Sox scandal - CBSSports.com

The NFL in their own brief cites others saying that Brady likes the ball at " the lowest permissible levels of PSI"..If it is permissible ( i.e. 12.5- 13.5) how is that unethical or against the rules????
Is this an Alice in Wonderland "up is down, down is up" universe..??

That is precisely what they argued in Berman's courtroom.

...and why they will never win this case. You can't create a magical clause in a collective bargaining agreement that renders the rest of the agreement meaningless and strips workers of all of their rights.

They should have asked Goodell how much he paid Grigson to help get this whole thing started in the first place.

I think Goodell is playing to three segments of the Owners, the one audience about which he gives a hoot.

1) A small minority of Owners with an IQ above room temperature, who have nothing against the Patriots, who understand that there was no "deflation" and that the investigation was a sham, but who want him to preserve what they view as the power they invested in the Commissioner, no matter how arbitrarily he might use it.

2) Another small minority with a measurable IQ, who have nothing personally against the Patriots, who don't know whether the Pats broke the rules but who think that the Commissioner's power to discipline them should be upheld.

3) The vast majority of Owners who have it in for the Patriots and want him to go after them on any pretense, who actually believe that the Pats "deflated" those footballs and who want him to go after the Pats in the name of preserving the power they invested in the Commissioner, but for whom the latter is secondary to their primary goal of getting the Pats.

Last edited:
Lmao, "rules are applied even and fair." Hmm, let's take a look at the 3 tampering punishments handed down by goodell:
  • Team A: swap of 3rd forfeited 5th; didn't obtain player.
  • Team B: swap of 5th forfeited 7th; didn't obtain player.
  • Team C: 100k fine; obtained player. Aggrieved team gets railroaded within hours of formally filing complaint and ends up forfeiting a 1st and fourth, with a clause rendering them incapable of trading into said rounds, fined 1 million dollars and HOF QB suspended four games.

Yep, seems reasonable to me.

If I am Brady, I am strongly considering a defamation lawsuit. This further evidence of malice. The NFL is upping the rhetoric without evidence of Brady's involvement in Deflategate for the sole purpose to make his deeds justify their actions to win back control. It is tough to prove malice in a celebrity defamation case, but the NFL is doing their best to give Brady all the evidence he needs.

You're absolutely right. At this point, any public statement that Goodell makes claiming wrongdoing from Brady and contradicting the NFL's own reports and evidence are clear displays of "actual malice."

(In this legal context, "malice" doesn't mean ill will. It means knowing that that the statement is false, or acting with reckless disregard for the statement's truth or falsity.)

Lmao, "rules are applied even and fair." Hmm, let's take a look at the 3 tampering punishments handed down by goodell:
Team a, swap of 3rd forfeited 5th; didn't obtain player.
Team b, swap of 5th forfeited 7th; didn't obtain player.
Team c, 100k fine; obtained player. Aggrieved team gets railroaded within hours of formally filing complaint and ends up forfeiting a 1st and fourth, with a clause rendering them incapable of trading into said rounds, fined 1 million dollars and HOF qb suspended four games.

Yep, seems reasonable to me.

Note also that in the case involving the Vikings DC, Gunther Cunningham, he was discussing looking forward to the Chiefs cuts. He didn't even mention any players by name, and was still sanctioned with the loss of a pick and was forced to swap another.

Woody Johnson specifically mentioned a player, under contract to another team, by name, and then started discussing contract numbers.

Truly outrageous and the lack of punishment reeks of bias.

I don't see how any honest observer can argue otherwise.

When Mike Greenberg was asked about it on M&M, he mentioned he was happy to have Revis as a Rats fan, and then went off on a tangent discussing how rich Woody Johnson was, while dodging the issue of the insulting lack of punishment entirely.

Last edited:
I don't know if its been mentioned yet but goodell likens this to the Blacksox scandal of 1919....

"As you can see in the sample above, the league makes the argument that its "success depends on its integrity and the public's confidence that its games are fair." The NFL then uses the Black Sox scandal as an example of what happens when "those core values are diminished."

Of course, there are a few key differences between the scandals, namely that the NFL does not have definitive proof that Brady deflated the footballs below the NFL's allowed PSI level. During the Black Sox Scandal, two of the players under investigation confessed. "

NFL appeal in Tom Brady case likens Deflategate to 1919 Black Sox scandal - CBSSports.com

Kraft apologists take note.
Yet to hear ANYTHING from the owner, as the NYJFL escalates its attacks on the franchise & Brady.

...and why they will never win this case. You can't create a magical clause in a collective bargaining agreement that renders the rest of the agreement meaningless and strips workers of all of their rights.

It still depends upon who they draw for judges, the appointments are ideological and there are plenty of judges who believe workers have no rights, if they draw two of them then Brady loses regardless of how strong his case is.

There’s a suspension of decency in the NFL’s latest Deflategate move

If the NFL weren’t so bloated of its own self-worth, perhaps commissioner Roger Goodell and company might understand how ridiculously abhorrent the league’s public image is these days. Their obsession with Deflategate is only the tip of the misguidance, extending to its fining players for honoring cancer victims while they make a profit on the disease, as well as the swirling cases of domestic violence and CTE that continue to plague the league while it hides behind its pursuit of a soap opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back