PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers of NY Daily News goes after Goodell (again) on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently as per myers he is going interview goodell end of this month with a townhall type setup where audience will be allowed to ask questions . So if anyone want to head out have a few choice words with him..

If it is going to be anything like political townhalls, the questions (and the people who ask them) will probably be pre-screened so as to get the most softball-y, syrupy sweet questions asked. Heck, if I remember correctly, during the Super Bowl 49 "State of the League" address, Jeff Howe had his hand raised the entire time and wasn't called on once, but some little Play 60 kid was called on (yeah like that wasn't preplanned?). Tom Curran got a good question in but that was a rarity. I don't see much coming from this unfortunately.

Joker should goes as Mr. J.K. Greenbeans, put on the stupidest looking face he can suffer to get in and whip out the baseball bat when it's his turn for a question.

How can we get Goodell 15-20 at MCI Walpole? Let him listen to the crowd cheer at Gillette in January. Roger, the prison *****.
I like the way you think;)

Yup! I read tons of his columns/articles here NY News and 99% of them having to do with football always revolved around Pats, TB,BB whether it was a column not pertaining to Pats or comparison or takin a shot he can't help himself. It's like he's obsessed with Pats. Guess I would too if I had to deal with jets on a day to day basis.
From what i can remember myers up until he got together with BB to write a book a few years ago his columns on the pats were usually negative. I'm glad hes writting with more Integrity.

From what i can remember myers up until he got together with BB to write a book a few years ago his columns on the pats were usually negative. I'm glad hes writting with more Integrity.

I saw that too after he wrote it also he has been more in favor of Brady & Pats vs goodell* and NFL*goons* I didn't read it but from what I heard he picked Brady over Manning.

He isn't.

I'm still waiting with bated breath, the results of all the inflation tests the league did last year. Anyone know if they are still doing it this year? Why no word at all on this ultra important matter that is so critical to the integrity of the game??

We all make mistakes.
It takes character to admit them and make amends.
Myers is no Patriots apologist and he makes no bones that he still doesn't like BB, but he has gotten to know Brady and he knows that Goodell railroaded him.
I'll take Gary Myers over a dozen CHBs and MCIS any day of the week.

Apparently as per myers he is going interview goodell end of this month with a townhall type setup where audience will be allowed to ask questions . So if anyone want to head out have a few choice words with him..

That entire audience will be vetted and hand picked

What I don't like about Meyer's story is that he want's everyone to FORGET about deflategate and treat it like it was over, so it never existed. That is like letting Goodell get away with murder, and then saying, "well he shouldn't have gotten away with it, but he did so let's forget it"

OK that's not a great metaphor, but you get the idea.

What I don't like about Meyer's story is that he want's everyone to FORGET about deflategate and treat it like it was over, so it never existed. That is like letting Goodell get away with murder, and then saying, "well he shouldn't have gotten away with it, but he did so let's forget it"

OK that's not a great metaphor, but you get the idea.

So go-to-hell is OJ's brother from another mother?

I'm still waiting with bated breath, the results of all the inflation tests the league did last year. Anyone know if they are still doing it this year? Why no word at all on this ultra important matter that is so critical to the integrity of the game??

I don't want to see results published simply because, like everything else, they'll make it up and present "evidence" that will show us what they want us to see.

Dude, they lie, all of them, Grigson, Vincent, the lawyers, the officials, ALL of them...as Goodell sits back and perpetuates things. So, why has he done all of this since it all started??

The answer is simple, the owners have given him so much power that he can do and say whatever he wants.

If it is going to be anything like political townhalls, the questions (and the people who ask them) will probably be pre-screened so as to get the most softball-y, syrupy sweet questions asked. Heck, if I remember correctly, during the Super Bowl 49 "State of the League" address, Jeff Howe had his hand raised the entire time and wasn't called on once, but some little Play 60 kid was called on (yeah like that wasn't preplanned?). Tom Curran got a good question in but that was a rarity. I don't see much coming from this unfortunately.
"Mr. Goodell, your league seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Does it really matter? Has Goodell ever answered a question with a direct answer applicable to the question asked. He's worse than a city politician sweating a public hearing. They at least try to make some attempt at a transition that ties the question to their pre-canned bullshite answers. RG doesn't even do that. Its frickin insulting. Yet we never hear one complaint from the press. He literally answers the questions in the exact order he has them written on his index cards, no matter what question is asked. I'm like wha....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back