PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is absolutely pummelling Goodell's credibility on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,

Yes, it was Crazy Carl who came up with the nickname. Everett was pissed at a Globe writer (may have been Gordon Edes, not sure) who apparently wrote something uncomplimentary about him. So he basically told the writer to get the F#&k away from him and to "take your Curly Haired Boyfriend with you". And the "CHB" was forever attached to Shaughnessy.

That's awesome.

Wish someone would say something about that fat bastard Tomase. CHB is a troll yet so far as I know never reported falsehoods that to this day are still spoken as fact in many circles.

I always thought FBT was decent but no one of stature ever called him out.

Wish someone would say something about that fat bastard Tomase. CHB is a troll yet so far as I know never reported falsehoods that to this day are still spoken as fact in many circles.

"Reported" no.

Actively advancing others' false reporting (Brady and Belichick were complicit in Deflategate) and not stopping when he knows better (he knows the facts, but he immorally chooses to write the opposite because of his personal vendetta with "Amos Alonzo Kraft").

Tomase is waaaaaaay better because, no matter how heinous his report was, he actually apologized and publicly stated he was wrong. On a scale of evil, that brings him down to a 9.5 ;) .

Shank is still digging the trench of lies to this day. I wonder if someone like that has parents and a family that is honestly proud of what he does for a living.

Yep. Thats my recollection as well.

With the exception of Jimmy Piersall who had BPD, Everett was quite possibly the most mentally compromised player ever to wear a Red Sox uniform.
Off Topic, but I remember when it was reported Rogelio Moret, went into a catotonic state, naked in the showers, wearing flip flops. Just stood there, in, well, a catatonic state.

Off Topic, but I remember when it was reported Rogelio Moret, went into a catotonic state, naked in the showers, wearing flip flops. Just stood there, in, well, a catatonic state.

I was in kindergarten but I remember hearing that story later on.

Of course, Steve "Psycho" Lyons gets the award for being normal but an idiot at the same time :D

Talking about Wentzels column on the radio last week fatso actually said I don't want to hear about no ideal Gas law, so not only is he a fat bastard he's an ignorant one too.

CHB Referred to Everett as "Jurissac Carl"

Then there was some other crap slung about him

This is what Carl Evert Said when Edes was trying to interview him,

`Bye, bye, bye,'' ``Don't ask me [expletive]. See you, Globe [expletive]. I just told you. Anybody from the Globe, get the [expletive] away from me. Nobody from the Globe can talk to me. Globe, see you.''

"Get out of here and take your Curly-Haired Boyfriend with you.

But boy could he pitch. He had two seasons when he went 13-2 and 14-3 with a few saves each year as well....

Tomase is waaaaaaay better because, no matter how heinous his report was, he actually apologized and publicly stated he was wrong. On a scale of evil, that brings him down to a 9.5 ;) .
Sorry, but I can't give a guy credit for publicly stating he was wrong when it was proven he was wrong and he (and his employer) were facing the threat of a lawsuit.

Sorry, but I can't give a guy credit for publicly stating he was wrong when it was proven he was wrong and he (and his employer) were facing the threat of a lawsuit.

Good point.

If you're applying the bar the bar the NFL has set this makes sense.

Exactly. It was the threat of a lawsuit that had the NYFL owners allow Kroenke to move his team to LA.

Huh? The NFL's been actively trying to get a team into Los Angeles for years, and Kroenke was by far the favored option for the league brass, and a majority of owners.

It was the Chargers that circumspectly hinted at a potential lawsuit to keep the Rams out of Los Angeles, but never overtly threatened one.

(Likely because their claim essentially boiled down to having "dibs" on Los Angeles based on their proximity, which of course is a losing argument considering the precedent set by the landmark decision in Finders v. Keepers.)

Yeah,

Yes, it was Crazy Carl who came up with the nickname. Everett was pissed at a Globe writer (may have been Gordon Edes, not sure) who apparently wrote something uncomplimentary about him. So he basically told the writer to get the F#&k away from him and to "take your Curly Haired Boyfriend with you". And the "CHB" was forever attached to Shaughnessy.
Ah, at last, the story behind the nick! I'd always understood MCI in relation to Volin, because, well, his writing indeed evidences the fact that he is "Mentally Challenged," but the origin of the "Boyfriend" part of CHB always eluded me.
Thank you!

"What Shmessy Said!" (above)

As recently as lack week the CHB was calling people like Ebenezer Samuel (of the ****ing New York Daily News for crying out loud) "Deflategate Truthers" and insisting, in CAPS, that the Patriots were guilty in the Deflategate case. He is perpetuating a lie that even Lupica, Myers and Samuel of the House Mouth Piece of the rightly despised Jests of New York now say is a lie.

(I do disagree with Shmessy that anything can redeem Tomass.)

All I know is that when the "Check Tire Pressure Warning" light triggers is my car - which it did this week - it's like a slap in the face on a cold weekday morning. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it wasn't just that he was wrong. He was wrong because he rushed to get the story out before the Super Bowl and failed to properly vet the story. The Patriots were succeeding in defiance of a cheating allegation all season long and the day before the big game, they were dealing with a whole new cheating allegation. That had to be frustrating if not demoralizing and the only reason they had that false accusation hanging over their heads was because Tomase cut corners to make a name for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes