PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is absolutely pummelling Goodell's credibility on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the Patriots are letting this go quietly? Both Dan Wetzel and Sally Jenkins' articles this week have been linked to at wellsreportcontext.com.
That's like the HS weaking telling the bully what he's going to do to him.

After everyone has left the area and he's his boxer shorts are stuck on a hook in the gym locker room (and he's still wearing them).

He forgot Mark Twain's famous comment,
"If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything"

Tell a lie and you have to remember everything...........

At this point in Rogers regime, I highly doubt he knows the difference between a lie and the truth. The owners won't get rid of him until the money train goes off the rails, which could be soon if the ratings continue to decline. He makes decisions by putting his finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing or takes the advice form "Influential Owners". It is really sad that the owners have let Roger turn the NFL into the WWE.

Last edited:
Godspeed Mike Florio - - and where the hell is his colleague Peter King on this???? Spending all his time reviewing airport coffee stands?
King's been better than others in that at least he admitted he jumped to conclusions.

But, at some point, it's going to become a gauge of credibility for these "journalists," including King, to say the whole thing was fabricated from the beginning, that those who fabricated it should be held accountable, that the Patriots are owed a return of their picks and fines and that Brady is owed an apology (for whatever that is worth, considering the source). Gary Myers and the NY Daily News are about 80% of the way there, but, of course, the CHB, as recently as this week, still insists that the Patriots are guilty of "doing stuff."

Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine that the League would ever do any of that because it would have to admit that it pissed away around ten million of the Owners' money and did irreparable harm to its "image." It would also drive most of the Owners around the bend to insanity...though many of them took that fork in the road a long, long time ago.

So is anyone else just so tiered of any of this, its over, done, not changing. No retraction, apology or statement of regret is coming from the league "ever". I get it, us fan want to see the Pats get a break on this topic but Nationally no one is listening, really just no other folks outside New England are listening, caring, believing etc.etc.

All this talk about it just has to end. Its over, nothing is happening or changing.
Gotcha!
Now we know the nick you use to post out here, Shaughnessy! That's exactly what you said in your column this week.

We had "the most trusted man in America" deliberately slanting a war. I'm not sure how that translates to things being worse now.
Which "most trusted man" and which war...it's hard to keep track.

Kennedy/Johnson and Vietnam?
Reagan and Iran Contra?
W and Iraq...and Afghanistan?
Obama and Iraq, Afghanistan (Pakistan) and Syria?

We need a ****ing scorecard to keep track!

Nobody is forcing you to talk about it.

Why don't you reciprocate that respect and allow others to make their own decisions?

Come on now :) I didnt tell anyone what to do, I started my post as a question that some of us might be sick of it, and apparently some folks agree - just as you want to state your opinion, I can state mine...read your own post because I think it is you trying to shut other opinions down.

Believe me when I tell you the general fan base outside NE still thinks Brady cheated, I know the general fan base in Colorado think this.

I think the constant crying about this only makes the Patriots fan base look weak and look like cry babies. I get it, Im as upset about as anyone but I also know when to cut my losses.

But nothing is going to change in the NFL...Ill be around when it doesn't. We can agree to disagree and thats fine with me. :)

Last edited:
King's been better than others in that at least he admitted he jumped to conclusions.

But, at some point, it's going to become a gauge of credibility for these "journalists," including King, to say the whole thing was fabricated from the beginning, that those who fabricated it should be held accountable, that the Patriots are owed a return of their picks and fines and that Brady is owed an apology (for whatever that is worth, considering the source). Gary Myers and the NY Daily News are about 80% of the way there, but, of course, the CHB, as recently as this week, still insists that the Patriots are guilty of "doing stuff."

Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine that the League would ever do any of that because it would have to admit that it pissed away around ten million of the Owners' money and did irreparable harm to its "image." It would also drive most of the Owners around the bend to insanity...though many of them took that fork in the road a long, long time ago.

King did say Goody needs to give back the picks and lift the suspension but man he is being quiet on this one.

The fourth rounder isn't gone yet.

If RK made a big enough stink publicly about everybody else gets a pass for jogging on the highway and we got convicted of jaywalking in the ped crossing, maybe gotohell would be forced to suspend that part of punishment.
I'm not sure it's the best move to make from a football point of view, but sweet revenge would be to trade Jimmy G. to the Browns for their first round pick next year and the year after, while leaking to the media that the Patriots organization is grateful to Goodell for giving them the chance to showcase Garoppolo's talents and for giving Brady the four game "vacation" that enabled him to remain at the top of his skills all season at age 39 to win his fifth SB in Houston.

Which "most trusted man" and which war...it's hard to keep track.

Kennedy/Johnson and Vietnam?
Reagan and Iran Contra?
W and Iraq...and Afghanistan?
Obama and Iraq, Afghanistan (Pakistan) and Syria?

We need a ****ing scorecard to keep track!

Kronkite/Vietnam

I hope BB could view this as "what's best for the team" in the sense that an effort to get draft picks back is what's best for the team. And not view it as a petty distraction. I mean really, forcing the measurement seems like at least check, if not check-mate.
They are never getting the draft pick back. The NFL would rather piss off one team than 31 teams. Kraft & TB could get money back and certainly a massive cornerstone of any potential Brady defamation suit.

But I don't think in the history of the big four sports any team that has lost a draft pick in year N-1 is found "innocent" later on and is refunded the pick in year N or N+1. Just doesn't happen.

Could replace "get draft picks back" with [further impugn Goodell/league credibility in furtherance of "draining the swamp" and/or getting the target off the Patriot's back].

Mike Florio on OM&F: NFL protocol issues this week prove there was ‘persecution’ against Patriots with Deflategate

“You have a rule book six inches high and those rules aren’t fairly and evenly applied in every circumstance to everyone. They will use those rules, they will seize upon one of those rules when it supports a desire to whack somebody. Regardless of whether or not many or any other organization is doing the same damn thing and regardless of whether or not they even locked on that rule at any point in the history of the league.

Come on now :) I didnt tell anyone what to do, I started my post as a question that some of us might be sick of it, and apparently some folks agree - just as you want to state your opinion, I can state mine...read your own post because I think it is you trying to shut other opinions down.

Believe me when I tell you the general fan base outside NE still thinks Brady cheated, I know the general fan base in Colorado think this.

I think the constant crying about this only makes the Patriots fan base look weak and look like cry babies. I get it, Im as upset about as anyone but I also know when to cut my losses.

But nothing is going to change in the NFL...Ill be around when it doesn't. We can agree to disagree and thats fine with me. :)

"....I didnt tell anyone what to do...."

Really? Here's the part of your previous post that you conveniently forgot about:

"....All this talk about it just has to end. Its over, nothing is happening or changing."

It's there in plain English. How do YOU want to translate "All this talk about it just has to end"?

Last edited:
At work, justice happens s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm cautiously optimistic that Goodell will have his just rewards, but it has not reached the threshold the owners have set. Yes, I think there's a point they will be done with him.

At work, justice happens s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm cautiously optimistic that Goodell will have his just rewards, but it has not reached the threshold the owners have set. Yes, I think there's a point they will be done with him.

Now that the tv ratings have crested and have started their inevitable decline, it's going to happen. How quickly or slowly depends on how people decide to speak up or look the other way. He's a PR nightmare and they didn't have to worry about that when they were bulletproof, but now there is a growing hole in the armor, business-wise - - just ask Disney/ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3