PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell memo to Spector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the money.

Comcast. Pennsylvania corporation. #2 donor to Specter in 2007.

why is comcast interested in this spygate.? It gains NOTHING by complaining about it.

i think that somebody in NFL doesn't want to see Pats win this Sunday and that is the reason this spygate is still around.

Spector is full of balony.

Like we have all said ever since this happened, EVERYONE WAS DOING IT, and it has no vaule whatsoever during the game in which the tape is shown.

There were only 6 tapes

(Here's my guesses as to the 6 teams: Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Colts, Steelers, and San Diego).

The big thing that Goddell said was that a) everyone was doing it, and b) that the other coach was waiving to the camera (so yes, they knew what was going on, so once again, no impact on the game whatsoever!!!!!)

Now give us our pick back!!!!!

Jesus, why the hell couldn't he have just said that in the first place? Now give us back our first round pick.

I agree, but worse than that it pi$$es me off that some teams would be so unfazed by the filming of signals they would actually wave to the camera but Mangini felt the need to turn rat.

i'm listening to espn radio and not a peep about any of this.

the guys on EEI had it on.

Dale and Holly said that if Goddell gave this answer back in September, all this talk would have died back then.

i would like to know who asked Specter to involve in this incident. I don't think comcast has anything to do with it.

why is comcast interested in this spygate.? It gains NOTHING by complaining about it.

i think that somebody in NFL doesn't want to see Pats win this Sunday and that is the reason this spygate is still around.

Comcast doesn't care about spygate.

But if Spector can make a deal give Comcast NFL ticket spygate cover up goes away.

A big win for his second largest donor.

Like we have all said ever since this happened, EVERYONE WAS DOING IT, and it has no vaule whatsoever during the game in which the tape is shown.

There were only 6 tapes

(Here's my guesses as to the 6 teams: Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Colts, Steelers, and San Diego).

The big thing that Goddell said was that a) everyone was doing it, and b) that the other coach was waiving to the camera (so yes, they knew what was going on, so once again, no impact on the game whatsoever!!!!!)

Now give us our pick back!!!!!

Are. You. Serious???

First off, I am disgusted that Arlen Specter thinks that its his RIGHT as a Senator to get involved in the running of ANY Business, Sport or otherwise. I am also disgusted by the fact that he doesn't realize that no CRIME was committed and that his is way beyond his jurisdiction. I hope that someon in Congress knocks this SOB down a peg and reminds him that his duties are in regards to the laws and regulations governing this COUNTRY. Not those governing how an individual business LEGALLY conducts itself.

Without getting too political (or at least not party specific): We elect politicians who are too incompetent or cowardly to solve actual problems. Instead, they focus on things that are none of their business. This is what happens when the public doesn't hold these assclowns accountable. If people would stop electing these tools and only put back worthy people in office, we'd be much better off.

Without getting too political (or at least not party specific): We elect politicians who are too incompetent or cowardly to solve actual problems. Instead, they focus on things that are none of their business. This is what happens when the public doesn't hold these assclowns accountable. If people would stop electing these tools and only put back worthy people in office, we'd be much better off.

never happen !

First off, I am disgusted that Arlen Specter thinks that its his RIGHT as a Senator to get involved in the running of ANY Business, Sport or otherwise. I am also disgusted by the fact that he doesn't realize that no CRIME was committed and that his is way beyond his jurisdiction. I hope that someon in Congress knocks this SOB down a peg and reminds him that his duties are in regards to the laws and regulations governing this COUNTRY. Not those governing how an individual business LEGALLY conducts itself.

What makes it even funnier is that he calls himself a Republican, too. It's a sad day when a bunch of people on a message board seem to know more about reasonable government jurisdiction than a Senator, no matter how senile (and stupid in the first place) he may be.

I would like Arlen Spector to answer to us americans why he thinks it's viable to waste our tax dollars on a non issue that has absolutley nothing to do with his job!

Yup. That should shut some people up. He also said there were 6 tapes total and in one of the tapes the opposing Coach was aware he was being taped and was waving to the camera.

Wasn't that something... Michael Smith just asked another followup about the time span the tapes covered. He said a couple were pre season 2007 and the rest were 2006. He said they also confiscated all the notes the Patriots had on coaching signals, not because they were anything a team was precluded from collecting but because the could not be certain how they were collected and therefore as part of the penalty those were destroyed too.

This thing is dead in the water.

Now he's being asked another follow up. No indication the notes would have benefitted them in any SB wins. Not a coach in the league who doesn't expect his signals to be stolen - as Parcell's said he'd be stupid if he did. He destroyed the tapes to prove there were none remaining, so if one showed up again he would know it had to have come from the Pat's (and not a league leak).

One COULD show up again. Remember that FOX had video. How much DID they have?
How did FOX get it?
And will someone please ask the numnuts Commish about all the screen caps of JETS filming games from restricted places?

" ... as always, I appreciate your interest in the NFL" = GFY!!! :D

Yeah, he is right about it being the Summer of 03 though, since it was September 14th. Still sort of sucks that he said that.

When did the rule actually take effect? Maybe there was nothing against doing it in 03?

If I were Goddell, I would start with a GFY. This has nothing to do with the Government. Mind your own damned business, Spector. Stop trying to abusing your power.

Follow the money.

Comcast and the NFL have been in court for months about the TV package.
Furthermore, who doesn't remember the to-do about the last game of the regular season?

Remember which Senator was one of the co-leads in "examining the NFL's Anti-Trust status" if it didn't release the game from its own network's exclusivity? Gee, whiz, Senator Comcast really DOES have a bit of history of attacking the NFL on behalf of the hometown corporation that is his #2 donor.

Ya think the NFL's choice of CBS and NBC didn't have anything to do with its enmity towards Comcast? Look closer. CBS and NBC are the non-cable VHF broadcasters. Fox and ESPN were shut out. Coincidence? Nope. Just the NFL saying "screw you cable".

Then Specter holds a press conference TODAY where he bloviates that he will not watch the Super Bowl, he will be playing squash instead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/02/01/couricandco/entry3779677.shtml

This is out and out business warfare by a corporate owned Senator.

I would like Arlen Spector to answer to us americans why he thinks it's viable to waste our tax dollars on a non issue that has absolutley nothing to do with his job!

The taxpayers aren't his boss.

Comcast, his hometown #2 donor, is.

i would like to know who asked Specter to involve in this incident. I don't think comcast has anything to do with it.

Then you should learn more about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes