PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell memo to Spector

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I am disgusted that Arlen Specter thinks that its his RIGHT as a Senator to get involved in the running of ANY Business, Sport or otherwise. I am also disgusted by the fact that he doesn't realize that no CRIME was committed and that his is way beyond his jurisdiction. I hope that someon in Congress knocks this SOB down a peg and reminds him that his duties are in regards to the laws and regulations governing this COUNTRY. Not those governing how an individual business LEGALLY conducts itself.

This is like a newspaper retraction on page 10, 2 months after the fact.

There's a mistake in the letter/fib - the Pats played the Eagles the second week of the 2003 season, right after thet 31-0 loss at Buffalo, the one where Colvin hurt his hip.

Yeah, he is right about it being the Summer of 03 though, since it was September 14th. Still sort of sucks that he said that.

First off, I am disgusted that Arlen Specter thinks that its his RIGHT as a Senator to get involved in the running of ANY Business, Sport or otherwise. I am also disgusted by the fact that he doesn't realize that no CRIME was committed and that his is way beyond his jurisdiction. I hope that someon in Congress knocks this SOB down a peg and reminds him that his duties are in regards to the laws and regulations governing this COUNTRY. Not those governing how an individual business LEGALLY conducts itself.

I mean it's not like there's a war going on or anything. Oh, wait....

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

Senator Arlen Spector to hold hearings on the German incursion into Poland.

Spector feels that it would be timely to start an investigation on this. Feeling that the League of Nations has failed to address this adequately and the time is now to investigate.

Yeah, he is right about it being the Summer of 03 though, since it was September 14th. Still sort of sucks that he said that.

Goodell's letter states that it was a "PRESEASON GAME IN THE SUMMER OF 2003".

That is a MAJOR booboo. (I think that is the technical term).

I'm aware, Shmessy that's the part that "sucked."

RIGHT as a Senator to get involved in the running of ANY Business, Sport or otherwise

generally agree - only reason he would have any reason to be concerned is because of the antitrust exemption.

Eagle fans and Steeler fans.

i know who's eligible to vote for him, and i know steeler fan and eagle fan are morons, i just want to know who WOULD vote for this schmuck. it makes you wonder about the process. how does a doofus get to a position of power.

There was a preseason game in the summer of 2003....and also a regular season game on 9/14/03, which is technically still "summer" (nitpicking, I know).

This is a distraction. I can't believe that our senator really cares about our football game while ignoring people's need.

As far as i'm concerned, this Spector's memo is really BS. Why do somebody want to bring this matter up again.?

Actually, I think that the Eagles and Pats have played in several pre-seasons games. Man, I can't believe the commish would put out a letter with errors like this.

Goodell just stated in his PC that the patriots videotapes had little to no effect on the outcome of any game. He also stated that all teams try to safeguard against the possible stealing of signals because they know it's happening.(paraphrasing)

Goodell just stated in his PC that the patriots videotapes had little to no effect on the outcome of any game. He also stated that all teams try to safeguard against the possible stealing of signals because they know it's happening.(paraphrasing)

Yup. That should shut some people up. He also said there were 6 tapes total and in one of the tapes the opposing Coach was aware he was being taped and was waving to the camera.

Where are you guys seeing this press conference?

Yup. That should shut some people up. He also said there were 6 tapes total and in one of the tapes the opposing Coach was aware he was being taped and was waving to the camera.

Jesus, why the hell couldn't he have just said that in the first place? Now give us back our first round pick.

This is a distraction. I can't believe that our senator really cares about our football game while ignoring people's need.

As far as i'm concerned, this Spector's memo is really BS. Why do somebody want to bring this matter up again.?

Follow the money.

Comcast. Pennsylvania corporation. #2 donor to Specter in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes