PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good analysis on Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From my fantasy football site (I'd link but it's a pay service): What happened? Well, not only is Brown’s surgically-repaired knee near 100%, it was a tricky new offense they installed. Dolphins QB coach David Lee convinced HC Tony Sparano to use the “Wildcat” package that Lee invented at Arkansas with Darren McFadden in direct snaps, running or throwing TDs. “It's something we hadn't seen,” said Rodney Harrison. “We made adjustments and didn't stop it.” This formation caught Bill Belcihick flat-footed for the first time in 6 or 7 years. Miami won’t consistently pull this over on anyone else, not with this patchy O-line, but at least we know Ronnie and Ricky Williams (a quiet 98 yards) have life.

So, in 6 or 7 years Bill Belichick has be caught by suprise ONCE. Will you guys (you know who you are) please give this team some credit? These things happen. As BB has proven over and over, they rarely happen for very long.

I'm not saying they are going 15-1, but they sure as hell ain't going 2-14. Do they have some flaws, yes. Every team does. Sorry to break it to you all, but last year was the abberition, not the norm.

Yeah, I mean, usually a playbook or play calls like the Dolphins performed yesterday that are SO out of the blue tend not to work. You have to give the team credit for pulling it off, and at that point, there wasn't much BB could do to adjust.

They pulled it off 3 times in the first halft and we did NOTHING. They did it again in the second half and we did NOTHING.

If 3 times were not good enough in the first half, how many times did they need to see before fixing it? Of course, 3 more times. Yes, we saw totally 6 times yesterday.

SHAME on them. Yes, it was rare to see somebody can pull this kind of shtt on BB and it was EVEN RARER when they did nothing about it.

Jets was giving them some good info about this a week before and we 'practiced' on it according to BB but we still ended up loosing not by 10 pts but 30+.

I'm totally speechless with this loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes