PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golic Supporting Pats Decision on ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't been just the last day or so. Greenberg has been on a bender against the Pats since season started. (I only get one station in my car right now on my am commute). After the Branch trade this radio show was saying the Pats are gonna s*ck, cuz now they are one-dimensional. Greenberg is publicly a jets buttki$$er and a Pats hater.

MoLewisrocks said:
Most rational posters here, and even most rational media members, understood all this a month ago. This is just the typical knee jerk over reaction to something that just happened. If ths team takes care of business this week and next all the handwringing will cease. And unless they snuck a rule into the new CBA that says if you lose your #1 WR because you aren't willing to overpay him you can not replace him, we will be fine. And even if at the end of the day it costs us this season, well then we just polish up the 3 Lombardi's we've already won under this philosophy and system and get back at it in 2007. With Belioli having selected 3 more players before the 65th pick of next years draft, and perhaps having spent the $39M some think they should have spent on a nice WR on an elite player at another position be it a veteran FA or a player we trade for.

You forgot the Patriot addendum to That rule:

Patriot players, under contract, are allowed to shoot their way out of New England and not feel as if they let their teammates, fans and organization down. Good thing it is Patriot only for otherwise, the league would step in so as to not render all contracts null and void.

Pattie said:
Listen, I loved Branch but no way was he a top ten receiver in the NFL and all these "experts" saying NE should have caved and paid him the money are idiots. As much as I liked him he wasn't TO for cripes sakes. Plus, NE may have taken the short term hit on receivers but I'll say it again TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS IN THE 2007 DRAFT that is supposed to be laden with great WR talent. And remember if Jackson ever recovers from his hammy he's supposed to be one of the best of the young talent WR from last year and he can contribute to help the problem. I think the Patriots basically hoodwinked the Seahawks.:p

Hmm, 2 first rounders ... Wouldn't it be sweet to see WR Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech in a Pats uniform. 6-5, 240, 4.4, 45 inch leap, blocks like Sam Gash :), and makes unbelievable catches... I can just see the smile on Tom Brady's face.

Pats Decision on ESPN Radio, WFAN, WTIC

Bella*chick said:
We are talking about Mike Greenberg, who as far as I know has never played any sport professionally and is just a fan/radio personality. And a HUGE Jets fan, so of course he wishes it would be the end of the Pats. I heard that yesterday too, and almost posted it here, but in the end didn't feel it was worth the time it took to type. Oh, Mike Greenberg thinks we're over, let's throw in the towel. Golic disagreed, so that was good, too.
It's going to be a long season for me if I continue to listen to people who p*ss me off. That's why I have learned to change the channel.

there's no doubt in my mind that brady will sorely miss the twig this season. he said repeatedly that he'd thrown "tens of thousands" of passes to DB and that the two of them knew each other's moves, etc. i seem to recall cases where TB threw passes to the twig without really looking. they just knew the pattern that well. ya can't blow that off.

greenberg, golic, russo, francesa, the espn "TO" freaks. i wonder if they even do any research before they waddle on camera and start yapping their traps.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Okay, now we listen to an idiot ex-lock when he says what we like. Tonight, when Michael Irvin says the exact opposite, they'll be a post about how just because he played the game doesn't mean he knows anything about football. I love it.

What you also love is the pats with a 1-15 record, isn't it?

Admit it. C'mon, it'll do ya good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe