PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens to stay in Tenn. another night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I would think Tenn. would be one of the last teams on the market for a big name FA WR. They have a decent #2WR in Drew Bennett and a great crop of second year WRs on the squad already (Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and one other ...) any of which could develop into a #1 type guy. Doesn't make sense to hinder their development to overpaying a guy like Givens to be your #1, when he has never proven he can be a #1 wr.

Givens doesnt take me for the country music type

R_T26 said:
Givens doesnt take me for the country music type

Word up is he has a 'purdy mouth'.

Well thanks for the memories Givens. No way he leaves Tenn. without a contract. The Patriots are not going to overpay for him.

I tend to think that is odd as well...I agree..they do have some nice receivers so?? Hmmm...just doesn't make sense....Houston makes much much more.

Likely means they are very close to a deal.

Or, it could mean that superagent Brad Blank and Givens are stuck in the Radisson Nashville while they hunt for another team to send them a plane ticket.

Playing Poker with Belichick David? Guess what...he folded a few days ago...see ya.

Well if it's not New England, better an irrelevant team like Tenessee or Houston than Miami.

BelichickFan said:
Well if it's not New England, better an irrelevant team like Tenessee or Houston than Miami.
Absofreakinlutely.

BelichickFan said:

yes...but Houston has potential at least with Carr...if not us I would take Houston.

New England Cable News reported on Sunday night that the Patriots have also made an offer.
I wonder what we offered.

Bennett is their #1, and Calico hasn't panned out. They are looking for another WR to pair with Bennett.

They have Roydell Williams, Brandon Jones and Courtney Roby, all rookies last year who played for them. However, their leading receivers last year after Bennett were Erron Kinney (a TE), Ben Troupe (a TE) and Chris Brown (a RB). They have a big need for a proven WR to pair with Bennett.

Let's see first it's afc east Miami and New england then Afc central Houston and Tennessee my guess he goes to Oakland and Denver. Sooner or later the divisional rivalry angle will pan out for him.

Nothing but a bluff

Julius said:
Let's see first it's afc east Miami and New england then Afc central Houston and Tennessee my guess he goes to Oakland and Denver. Sooner or later the divisional rivalry angle will pan out for him.

Agent Brad Blank is trying to create a market for Givens giving the apperance he is seriously interested in Tennessee. It's all about the benjamins ...

As the cable guy says Git Er Done ...

hwc said:
Or, it could mean that superagent Brad Blank and Givens are stuck in the Radisson Nashville while they hunt for another team to send them a plane ticket.

Or just maybe he didn't know that they charge you for all those mini bottles in the fridge, and Blank has to wait for Western Union to open in the morning so he can get some more cash from his mother.

I know we've all been thinking about how losing Givens would affect the Patriots and the passing game and cap space and all that, but just for a minute put yourself inside David Givens' head.

He's spent half his life inside a weight room, working out, watching his diet, running sprints, chasing down passes from the Juggs machine, and sitting on the sidelines in some degree of pain. He's won superbowl rings. This year, he drew game checks of nearly $100,000 each. But on every play, in the back of his mind, he always knew that one hit could end his chances of a lifetime payoff.

Soon, the worry ends.

Tonight he's sitting in a hotel room in Nashville after a blur of meetings over breakfast, lunch and dinner. He can almost touch the finish line. Ten million dollars cash, guaranteed. Set for life.

If you were him, what would you be thinking? Honestly. Would you think, God, I'd love to retire a Patriot? Or would you be thinking, I finally made it?

Good luck, David. You earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes