PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens to stay in Tenn. another night

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsFan37 said:
I know we've all been thinking about how losing Givens would affect the Patriots and the passing game and cap space and all that, but just for a minute put yourself inside David Givens' head.

He's spent half his life inside a weight room, working out, watching his diet, running sprints, chasing down passes from the Juggs machine, and sitting on the sidelines in some degree of pain. He's won superbowl rings. This year, he drew game checks of nearly $100,000 each. But on every play, in the back of his mind, he always knew that one hit could end his chances of a lifetime payoff.

Soon, the worry ends.

Tonight he's sitting in a hotel room in Nashville after a blur of meetings over breakfast, lunch and dinner. He can almost touch the finish line. Ten million dollars cash, guaranteed. Set for life.

If you were him, what would you be thinking? Honestly. Would you think, God, I'd love to retire a Patriot? Or would you be thinking, I finally made it?

Good luck, David. You earned it.
He's got it made either way. We don't know what the signing bonus at either place is but whatever we've offered, the bonus plus first year salary will be upwards of $5M. I don't think that one big hit will make him hit the soup kitchens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back