Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Giants trade for the Pats #3 draft pick?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am very much in favor of trading down in theory, but I am terrified they would end up with JJ MacCarthy

all can laugh. If MIN truly is willing to give 3 firsts for our 3rd plus a 4th this year, choosing to stay at 3 is quite reasonable.
If Minnesota offers that, they are idiots.
If Minnesota offers that and the Patriots decline, they are even bigger idiots who get what they deserve.

I’m a Michigan fan and I don’t want JJ. This climb from 3rd round to high 1st round pick reminds me of McCorkle Jones. I hated that pick. I’m cool with Daniels, Maye, or Penix.

I think the Giants' GM would have a hard time getting their owner to sign off on a new QB considering they gave Daniel Jones a crapload of money last year. I don't think the GM would even broach the idea as it would be admitting he made a huge mistake with Jones.

Unless the Giants' target is MHJ. Which would be great news for us. Arizona & LA aren't taking a QB. So unless someone trades with either of them, Maye & McCarthy would both be available @ 6.

Last edited:
Why can't we do something like draft MHJ, then see if we can get a partner to trade for him. Say a 1 or 2 spot move so we can get a qb, and then request they send someone worthwhile WR or OL wise along with the QB we want. All this would depend on them agreeing to draft the qb we want and having the asset on their roster we want. And then theres the possibility of them fcking us over, but for an asset like MHJ, I don't think that would happen. Sorry if this was discussed...holding a draftee hostage to get a pick and asset....

This would only work if they follow through and don't create a new hated rivalry....

why not compare to Brady's scouting report?
Because they aren't similar.
There is no reason for believing the development of Josh Allen is a predictor of anyone. That is the point with superstars; they basically a one-off and can be found anywhere with almost any deficiencies when drafted/
The point is their NFL draft evaluation are strikingly similar. Nothing more.

Today is Thursday, Draft Day, better known as Mayeday.

Maye's my pick, and has been all along but i'm not discounting my second choice JJ.

I think he has a lot of the qualities that they will like and said they are looking for (Tough, Proven winner, Leader etc) and as far as i know he's the only QB that has met with Robert Kraft.

We've also been seen as the team most likely to want to trade back, so maybe they think they can trade back and get JJ.

Not saying this will happen but it's a real possibility imo.
I said the above yesterday and I think this is a real possibility.

If the reports are true we have been into JJ all along. We've also been open to trading back all along.

I think their preferred option would be to trade back and take JJ, although also risky.

I think it's risky and i would stick and pick Maye at 3 but if we got a good haul an ended up with JJ that's still a good result imo.

Did they get their man?

Breer said today that the Pats rejected 11, 23 and 2025 1st from Vikes, so no way that was getting done
Given where our roster is overall I would have taken it. The insane haul that SF gave for Lance and Carolina’s stupidity has created unrealistic expectations.

If the Vagiants had promised not to use #3 on Maye, then I would've agreed to 3 for 6, 47 & their 2nd-rounder next year.
and weak kneed Joe Schoen would have given in to it. He was desperate to get Maye.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back