PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbell31

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
We need to get this guy in the first round I think him and jaNoris Jenkins or him and brockers's or f cox and I like David molk Ronnell Lewis later and possibly Harrison Smith

Last edited:
everything-now.jpg

We need to get this guy in the first round I think him and jaNoris Jenkins or him and brockers's or f cox and I like David molk Ronnell Lewis later and possibly Harrison Smith

Stephen Hill ? yea coming from option system he is primed to pickup Pats Offensive system and be on the same page as Brady.

Hill is another pre draft hype job because he ran a sub 4.4

So you know how many catches he has in his 3 years at GT, right ? Try under 50...yup a whopping 49 catches in 3 years at GT. He is not the 2nd coming of Megatron

isnt he projected 2nd or 3rd round?????????

why would they take him in the 1st?!?!?!?

:bricks:

isnt he projected 2nd or 3rd round?????????

why would they take him in the 1st?!?!?!?

:bricks:

3rd at best. Most projections have him between 4-7th. our genius wants Pats to spend a 1st on him :bricks:

Last edited:
Impressed with his speed. Wasn't impressed with his hands. I'd take hands over speed any day

I want receivers who are came from pro-style systems and are good at running routes. No more Taylor Price's.

Worth a pick in later rounds but not the 1st or 2nd. Megatron played in the same system, just FYI.

the underwear Olympics win again. :rolleyes:. That being said he has exactly the right physical skills the Pats need. I'd love him in the 3rd or 4th round. Plus I hope all the people who are going to be hyping him understand how raw he is and unlikely to contribute much his first year.

Stephen Hill ? yea coming from option system he is primed to pickup Pats Offensive system and be on the same page as Brady.

Hill is another pre draft hype job because he ran a sub 4.4

So you know how many catches he has in his 3 years at GT, right ? Try under 50...yup a whopping 49 catches in 3 years at GT. He is not the 2nd coming of Megatron

Yes. Downplay the kid's abilities because the coach there can't run anything but a high school offense.

Here are some fun FACTS for you.
1) Hill went out of his way to get help on his route running. He enlisted the help of Mohammed Sanu and Terrance Mathis.
2) The kid has good football intelligence.
3) The kid has excellent hands. During the drills he caught almost everything away from his body, IN STRIDE.
4) Also, while running the drills, he has some of the most crisp breaks of any of the receivers. That includes on the Post Corner drill where several WRs got chewed out, including Dwight Jones.
5) The kid blocks extremely well down field. Something the Pats ask their receivers to do.
6) The kid is reported to have good football intelligence. I think that was shown today as well.

I don't expect the kid to be Megatron, but dismissing him because the offense the coach ran was simplistic is just utterly stupid and asinine.

Impressed with his speed. Wasn't impressed with his hands. I'd take hands over speed any day

Did you watch him during the drills today? Showed excellent hands..

3rd at best. Most projections have him between 4-7th. our genius wants Pats to spend a 1st on him :bricks:

No.. Many projections have him in the 2-3rd. Please show one that has him below third round..

Worth a pick in later rounds but not the 1st or 2nd. Megatron played in the same system, just FYI.

This is false. Megatron did NOT play in the same system. Megatron was drafted while Chan Gailey was the coach there. In 2008, Paul Johnson took over and installed the simplistic offense they are running currently.

I want receivers who are came from pro-style systems and are good at running routes. No more Taylor Price's.

There is only one problem with your slight against Taylor Price. BB made it clear that the team wanted to re-sign Price if he cleared waivers. That says that Price wasn't cut because of performance, but because they needed a roster spot. Which makes sense since, at the time, the Pats had a ton of injured players. Players who weren't injured enough to go on the IR, but injured enough who couldn't play.

There is only one problem with your slight against Taylor Price. BB made it clear that the team wanted to re-sign Price if he cleared waivers. That says that Price wasn't cut because of performance, but because they needed a roster spot. Which makes sense since, at the time, the Pats had a ton of injured players. Players who weren't injured enough to go on the IR, but injured enough who couldn't play.

True, but I doubt they thought for a second he was going to clear waivers. I don't have anything against Taylor Price other then he seemed like that kind of raw, high-upside receiver who generally just doesn't seem to fit in NE.

Yes. Downplay the kid's abilities because the coach there can't run anything but a high school offense.

I don't expect the kid to be Megatron, but dismissing him because the offense the coach ran was simplistic is just utterly stupid and asinine.

Wow, that's five posts in a row!

I don't disagree; he shouldn't be dismissed for this, but it will steepen his learning curve which drops him a round probably. Good football IQ might help him overcome it, but he'll have to do it quickly.

Definately a very interesting prospect. 6'4 215, 4.3 speed, 39.5 vertical. Crazy.

I wonder what round is he projected to go in after his performance in the combine.

Can you say Bethel Johnson? Taking this guy early due to 40 time alone would be a mistake. I do have to say I like the combination of speed and height but he needs to show much more during games to be consered anywhere higher than late 2nd ..... oh, that's where we took Bethel.

I've been high on Hill for a while now, he went to Ga Tech to be the next Megatron, however, they changed to Paul Johnson option offense. However he did average about 29 yards a catch. What does this tell you? Glad you asked..

#1 He is not an idiot, GA Tech is a serious school.
#2 Loyality, stayed when most guys would have split.
#3 He BLOCKS, watch the tape, he is an excellent blocker.

I always said that once the combine came around he would catapult himself into the first round. Look he is 6'4", smart, blocks, has great hands, and ran a 4.30 40. can you imagine what he could do in the Pats offense? Put him on the outside, and that is the missing piece.

Look, McDaniels took Thomas out of GA tech and he picked up the offense.

When Hill ran that blistering 4.37 40 it made all the scouts stand up and take notice. They will now go back and review the tapes of GT to try and determin / project what kind of football player Hill can be. He has tremendous upside, coming from a run orriented offense. How many times was he targeted vs the number of catches. I saw one play where he sat in the zone and made a twisting catch. What was his QB like as a thrower? He is difficult to project.

I have seen him projected as high as #27 by National Football Post. He is an intriguing prospect, and one the Patriots cannot dismiss out of hand. They will do their due dilligence and make the decision. If they pick him at # 27 I would be OK with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back