PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hill's performance was very impressive. Somebody will over draft him because of how good his 40 was and how smooth he looked doing the gauntlet but BB and crew will do there homework nonetheless. If he interviews well and they think he can pick up the system he would be one of those high risk high reward players that BB avoids in the first round but loves in rounds 2-4. I doubt he'll make it to 48 but if he does I wouldn't be shocked if they took a shot.

The one we should be talking about is Kendell Wright. I thought for sure he was going to run a 4.4 and be long gone. His 4.61 puts him into play. I'm not saying he's the second coming but Jerry Rice ran a 4.7. Wright like Rice plays way faster than his 40 time. He has the potential to be the perfect replacement and eventual upgrade to Branch.

Wright did run a 4.45. The 4.61 is bogus. I head the 4.45 announced by the timekeepers in the background yesterday..

All of this adds up to him being a 4th round pick by another team. The Pats value the 3 cone over the 40, hands over size, and route running over just about anything else. He has nothing of real value besides being a good blocker.

That is absolute BS and shows that people aren't paying attention.

Hill's 3-come was a 6.88. That is very good. Not POOR as Bostonian tried to claim.

Hill was impressive in the guantlet and was snatching the balls out of the air. He also did very good in the different route drills, including getting his head around at the last minute to not tip off when the Pass was supposed to be arriving.

His routes were much better than advertised because he's been working on them. He's said as much and it was shown in how fluid he was in the routes and how crisp they were. They weren't Wes Welker, turn on a dime crisp, but they were amongst the best of the group yesterday.

Hill was nothing short of epic yesterday, especially catching the ball. I saw him drop one ALL DAY, and that diving grab was outstanding.

Hill looked good, but I wouldn't take him over any of the real stars at the WR position.

I also say we don't need to replace Deion Branch. He was practically non-existant.

The Patriots could have the chance to pick the 3rd or 4th WR off the board. I'd rather they take someone who had shown they could dominate when people knew who was getting the ball rather then taking someone who has potential. The first round is about starters. Take potential type guys later.

The mock drafts also have some pretty big D names dropping to them. The only offensive position they seem to need is WR, the rest should be on Defense.

While Hill has potential, that won't get him into the first round unless the team runs a simple offense like Cincinnati does.

If Floyd is available we HAVE TO DRAFT HIM......I'm tellin you Michael Floyd will be a STUD

Workout wonder. Maybe in 3 round unless he can play defensive end.

No.. Many projections have him in the 2-3rd. Please show one that has him below third round..

Stephen Hill draft projection | Georgia Tech

When Hill requested an evaluation from the NFL draft advisory board, he was told that he did not have the potential to be drafted in the first three rounds.

Satisfied ?

Another draft hype job. No team is stuid enough to invest a 1st RD pick in a WR that caught 49 passes in 3 yrs !

Those of you clowns saying that Megatron came from same system, yes he did, and oh by the way he caught how many passes in his 2 years at GT ?
Try this

2004 48 837yds
2005 54 888yds
2006 76 1202yds

Megatron was in a league by himself....to even compare him to Hill is ASININE

Peyton Manning played at Tennessee, and so did Heath Shuler under the same head coach, Philip Fulmer system. One produced at TN, the other was what we thought he was as it played out with Redskins.

Yes. Downplay the kid's abilities because the coach there can't run anything but a high school offense.

Here are some fun FACTS for you.
1) Hill went out of his way to get help on his route running. He enlisted the help of Mohammed Sanu and Terrance Mathis.
2) The kid has good football intelligence.
3) The kid has excellent hands. During the drills he caught almost everything away from his body, IN STRIDE.
4) Also, while running the drills, he has some of the most crisp breaks of any of the receivers. That includes on the Post Corner drill where several WRs got chewed out, including Dwight Jones.
5) The kid blocks extremely well down field. Something the Pats ask their receivers to do.
6) The kid is reported to have good football intelligence. I think that was shown today as well.

I don't expect the kid to be Megatron, but dismissing him because the offense the coach ran was simplistic is just utterly stupid and asinine.

I got one name for you

TROY WILLIAMSON. Now go find out about him. He of the 4.32 40 yard combine dash, unpolished WR. Has done squat in NFL since arriving in 2005.

COLLEGE : SOUTH CAROLINA.

What did he do at SC ?

17, 31, 43 catches in his 3 years....picked #7 overall.

Plenty of idiot teams that will fall in love with combine #'s, and plenty of asinine draftnicks like you get enamored by the #'s.

The real #'s are in production, like that of Megatron, or Greg Jennings who had 238 catches at W. Mich but still dropped to 2nd round and Pats passed over him for the all class speed of Chad Jackson, and before than BethFAIL Johnson.

OR lookat Antonio Borwn........GREAT College production at C. Mich with 305 catches in 3 years but not the 4.3 speed, yet tears it up in NFL.

YOU CANNOT OVERLOOK COLLEGE PRODUCTION

Last edited:
Stephen Hill draft projection | Georgia Tech

When Hill requested an evaluation from the NFL draft advisory board, he was told that he did not have the potential to be drafted in the first three rounds.

Satisfied ?

You provide a BLOG of some no name as support for the idea that Hill hasn't been projected outside the 3rd round? Yeah.. OK..Do yourself a favor. Get some REAL information. Some some BS blog that is using third or fourth hand information.

As for the NFL projection committee, they are worse than Kiper when it comes to projecting players.

As for your other comments, ignorant people like yourself can't be bothered to actually look at the situation. Scouts DO. They look at the fact that the offense there is a TRIPLE OPTION. Meaning it's primarily a RUNNING offense with very very few passes thrown. So, WRs coming out of those programs won't have a lot of receptions. Saying that no one will pick them in the late 1st because of that is pure ignorance on your part. You have no clue what some teams will do.

Now, as I pointed out, Hill and Johnson were in different offenses. Totally different offenses. You yammering on about the comparisons others made when all you should have said is that you can't compare the two because they were in different offenses shows that you can't be bothered to deal with facts.

I got one name for you

TROY WILLIAMSON. Now go find out about him. He of the 4.32 40 yard combine dash, unpolished WR. Has done squat in NFL since arriving in 2005.

What did he do at SC ?

Plenty of idiot teams that will fall in love with combine #'s, and plenty of asinine draftnicks like you get enamored by the #'s.

The real #'s are in production, like that of Megatron, or Greg Jennings who had 238 catches at W. Mich but still dropped to 2nd round and Pats passed over him for the all class speed of Chad Jackson, and before than BethFAIL Johnson.

OR lookat Antonio Borwn........GREAT College production at C. Mich with 305 catches in 3 years but not the 4.3 speed, yet tears it up in NFL.

No one is overlooking college production or lack there of. Jesus. It's plainly obvious that you have no clue what CONTEXT is. It's plainly clear that you do not understand that Hill is more than just the product of the combine. It's also plainly clear that you can't be bothered with FACTS that show how ignorant you are.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go away since you can't be bothered to actually have an open mind about REALITY.

Workout wonder. Maybe in 3 round unless he can play defensive end.

Again, he's not a "workout wonder". Do yourself a favor and actually learn about the kid before posting such ignorance.

You provide a BLOG of some no name as support for the idea that Hill hasn't been projected outside the 3rd round? Yeah.. OK..Do yourself a favor. Get some REAL information. Some some BS blog that is using third or fourth hand information.

As for the NFL projection committee, they are worse than Kiper when it comes to projecting players.

As for your other comments, ignorant people like yourself can't be bothered to actually look at the situation. Scouts DO. They look at the fact that the offense there is a TRIPLE OPTION. Meaning it's primarily a RUNNING offense with very very few passes thrown. So, WRs coming out of those programs won't have a lot of receptions. Saying that no one will pick them in the late 1st because of that is pure ignorance on your part. You have no clue what some teams will do.

Now, as I pointed out, Hill and Johnson were in different offenses. Totally different offenses. You yammering on about the comparisons others made when all you should have said is that you can't compare the two because they were in different offenses shows that you can't be bothered to deal with facts.

You wanted a datapoint, and gave it to you. So NFL projection committee is worse than Kiper since you got egg on yor face that he was rated 3rd rd and likely 4-7th. Maybe the same selection committee are idiots to tell Justin Blackmon he is consensus #1 WR

Stick to watching Bruins moron since you cant deal with the facts

Lot of Hill hate going around, surprised.

Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright, and Michael Flloyd will all be gone before the Pats pick.

If the pats resign Welker and sign Lloyd, they can afford to take the risk. Hill has way more potential than any of the WRs left, and could be argued he has the most potential out of any WR.

Even in his rookie year just running go routes would of helped this team! Ravens and Giants 50 yard interceptions anyone?

I loved the kids combine. He solidified himself as a player worth taking in the late first to mid second and i wouldn't mind the Pats taking a chance on him as long as they do their homework.

I got one name for you

What did he do at SC ?

matt-cassel.jpg

I did actually but there's something about the way he catches. I might be wrong of course, as i'm no pro-scout. But it's just something in his technique that give me doubts. Like I say, it's just me and he could learn to catch better. I do agree that his break is pretty good.

Edit: I could see a situation where the patriots trade one of their 1st for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year and take Hill.

So call it a freebie.

LOVE that line!! :rocker:

500px-DH4ColtDS-6.jpg

That is absolute BS and shows that people aren't paying attention.

Hill's 3-come was a 6.88. That is very good. Not POOR as Bostonian tried to claim.

Hill was impressive in the guantlet and was snatching the balls out of the air. He also did very good in the different route drills, including getting his head around at the last minute to not tip off when the Pass was supposed to be arriving.

His routes were much better than advertised because he's been working on them. He's said as much and it was shown in how fluid he was in the routes and how crisp they were. They weren't Wes Welker, turn on a dime crisp, but they were amongst the best of the group yesterday.

If all that's true then it adds up to him being a good draft pick for the Pats.

I will say this if they are from a Gadget Offense Third Round and no Higher i can live with that.

Last edited:
All of this adds up to him being a 4th round pick by another team. The Pats value the 3 cone over the 40, hands over size, and route running over just about anything
else. He has nothing of real value besides being a good blocker.

Since when:
Bethel Johnson 4.37ish and raw (considered one of the fastest guys in the draft
Chad Jackson 4.32 (fastest 40)
Taylor Price 4.41 (tied for second fastest 40)
Brandon Tate - injured but considered very fast

even Deion Branch ran a 4.47. When the Patriot's draft a wr, they historically have drafted fast wr's. To say otherwise is simply false.

Since when:
Bethel Johnson 4.37ish and raw (considered one of the fastest guys in the draft
Chad Jackson 4.32 (fastest 40)
Taylor Price 4.41 (tied for second fastest 40)
Brandon Tate - injured but considered very fast

even Deion Branch ran a 4.47. When the Patriot's draft a wr, they historically have drafted fast wr's. To say otherwise is simply false.

Just going by what BB has said more than once: that he values the 3 cone above all of the drills at the combine, and that he values route running and intelligence over speed. Rely on his word more than your cherry picking stat analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back