PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo rumored to be active and dressed, but only in backup role

Status
Not open for further replies.
No backup QB aside from Edelman. Yikes.

Players on the Texans have to be thinking about the fact they could simply take one cheapshot (or finish their hit with something extra) and their chances of winning the game skyrocket to 99%.

What if Watt takes a dirty late hit on Brissett, the same way he did on Brady in last year's game?

What's a $25k fine to him?

Can we be fined for lining up with only 10 players? I think BB has gone so deep here he has actually confused himself

Players on the Texans have to be thinking about the fact they could simply take one cheapshot (or finish their hit with something extra) and their chances of winning the game skyrocket to 99%.

What if Watt takes a dirty late hit on Brissett, the same way he did on Brady in last year's game?

Apparently TJ Yates is staying at Brady's. Who knows maybe he signs by 11th hr.

Then the Pats defense goes and takes dirty hits on Osweiler until he is knocked out of the game

Mediot On NFLN* reports Edelman is Brissett's back up, not Jimmy G.
Mike Reiss reports Jimmy G. is not in uniform tonite.
Ian Rappaport reports that Jimmy G. is dressed and Brissett's back up.

So which one is it?!

Oh yeah, and Gronk is definitely playing tonight.......maybe.

Gotta love the masterful mind games BB is playing here, feeding sources different information which forces BOB to plan for every contingent on a short week. That is going to be a little too much.

I would honestly be very surprised if Gronk plays his first regular season game with a novice QB.

My understanding is that there is significant carryover in terminology and "core" formations, cadences, etc.

In terms of actual plays, etc I would agree there is very little if no carryover to what P/E or what Charlie ran at UF to what is here.

Absolutely. While the current system is a lot more evolved, it's still not too much of a leap. It's not like Brissett has been learning to speak French for years and all of a sudden has to learn German.

I would honestly be very surprised if Gronk plays his first regular season game with a novice QB.

Why? That we're using a novice QB makes it precisely the sort of game where Gronk would be even more valuable than usual.

Gotta love the masterful mind games BB is playing here, feeding sources different information which forces BOB to plan for every contingent on a short week. That is going to be a little too much.

Yates signing by 4 pm would be classic!

Why? That we're using a novice QB makes it precisely the sort of game where Gronk would be even more valuable than usual.
I think there's always a concern that a novice is more likely to put receivers in harm's way.

Absolutely. While the current system is a lot more evolved, it's still not too much of a leap. It's not like Brissett has been learning to speak French for years and all of a sudden has to learn German.
Right. I don't know what kind of OC Matt Canada was at NC State or if he was a P/E guy but he was a QB guy and loved his one cut n go RBs and his play action and he got canned in favor of a spread formation guy.

Maybe Derby is the emergency QB.

Lol does anyone know what he's doing? Watch for this

"and now can you please rise, or sit, or kneel for a moment of silence for former Patriots Quarterback Jimmy Garopollo who lost his battle with a sprained AC joint..."

^^ classic, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick