PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo rumored to be active and dressed, but only in backup role

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is how did Yates wind up at Casa de Gisele .

Hmm?!
Kraft was just asked if Gronk was a go tonight and he said, You would be a wise man if you thought he did"
Plot Thickens.....

I think he can be adequate. I don't expect him to play very well, don't expect Garoppolo type of results (hell, before proving himself, I didn't know HE could get those results). Garoppolo has 3 things over Brissett:

1) Incredibly quick release, Brissett's release is not nearly as quick, pretty elongated release. 2) Garoppolo is already good at reading NFL defenses and looking off his 1st and 2nd targets, Brissett looked very good in preseason games, but I did notice him lock in on his target. 3) Garoppolo has 3 years in this offense, and he showed how well he knows it, Brissett has a couple of months.

I would be shocked if we win this game, less shocked if Garoppolo was healthy, but extremely shocked if they can win this game with Brissett. A few things have to happen, 1) NO turnovers, have to be mistake free, can't give short fields and free points. 2) Defense HAS to show up, they've been horrible in the 2nd half, have no confidence this defense can protect a 14-21 point lead. They can't afford to be that pourus if they want to win this game.

I agree with all of your post except that Brissett locks on his target. I rewatched Brissett during that game and he effectively looked off the coverage on a majority of those throws one of them being a fake screen left then to Bennett on the right. He also went through his progressions relatively quick. The only time I saw him lock onto a receiver was on the dropped pass to Edelman.

Crazy that you say that, b/c I was envisioning something very similar: 16/25 upper 180s, 1 touchdown, 1 turnover
My expectations are meager. 1st career start. HOU is a pretty decent team...

Hmm?!
Kraft was just asked if Gronk was a go tonight and he said, You would be a wise man if you thought he did"
Plot Thickens.....
When the hell does Bob start commenting on player availability. Hes hanging out with Jim Irsay at Walgreens too much.

Tall order for this team but if Gronk is back they can go two TE with Gronk and Bennett as bookends and run and pass out of it, which is big advantage offensively. I would love to see them go heavy, just use two WR's and Blount and force the Texans to go heavy and throw at them when they do.

Over under on running 12 personnel?

I say 40%

When the hell does Bob start commenting on player availability. Hes hanging out with Jim Irsay at Walgreens too much.

I hear ya! Rich Eisen* just quoted what Kraft said and Rappaport just reported Gronk is in tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News