PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo rumored to be active and dressed, but only in backup role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm?

Why? That we're using a novice QB makes it precisely the sort of game where Gronk would be even more valuable than usual.

Primarily, zero game reps between JB and Gronk, and consequently no existing chemistry.

And as seats said, there's the potential that as talented as JB is, he's still very raw and likely isn't going to have the presence of mind to not lead his receivers, or otherwise endanger them. It took Garo until his 2nd starting game in his third year to successfully freeze the high safety with his eyes before hitting Bennett on the seam for his TD.

So I'm wondering...what does a really good Brissett performance do to JG's perceived value...no effect at all? Or does everyone then say, eh, they're all systems QBs up there, it's all Belichick. Or is it goddamn, the Pats have the top 3 QBs in the AFC East...

I'm going with Top 3 in the East. :D Also, now that it's been confirmed Jimmy has a Grade 2 sprain, anybody know the likelihood he can be ready for the Bills?

Meh. I remember when guys like Jim McMahon, Phil Sims and other high-profile QBs who didn't start because of serious injury sat on the sidelines or came in later in the game.

Its totally possible Jimmy can barely move his shoulder regardless of his pain tolerance.

I hope they don't take a chance with Jimmy so that he is not available next week either.

Even Derby would be preferable if he is just handing the ball off.

Apparently TJ Yates is staying at Brady's. Who knows maybe he signs by 11th hr.

So Brady is prepping Yates.

Since Yates isn't a teammate YET, he can do that while suspended right?

Hmm, so sounds like they're thinking Jimmy looks unavailable for the Bills. 10 days is a long time for injuries to heal, and Brady played on Grade 2 AC sprain in 2003, I think, so it is perhaps possible.

My wife would prefer that the hot Italian Stallion not be dressed.
Disgusting, the way we're viewed as hunks of beef.
as long as the hot dog gets in the bun, i don't complain.

giphy.gif

If TJ Yates is staying at Brady's, how did they make arrangements? Somehow there was football communication between Brady and the coaching staff right? That worries me.

Yup!
Yates is not an NFL* Player under contract so there would be no violation by Brady having any contact in that regard. Yates can be useful since they're playing Houston and he can also gain insight on our game plan. But knowing goodell*, he will make up a rule as he goes along to screw Brady.

Is that true? If so, I love it. TB can coach him and not have to worry about fraternizing with the team, because he's not actual on the team yet.

That's what I heard streaming on Pats. So lets say Yates is, TB & BB can go as an in between because technically Yates is not property of NFL. Genius!

If TJ Yates is staying at Brady's, how did they make arrangements? Somehow there was football communication between Brady and the coaching staff right? That worries me.

I really don't know but let's look at it this way, Yates came in for a look right but nothing panned out officially. Maybe BB told him to stick around (Still not under contract) and Yates reaches out to Brady and Brady offers his place. No harm no foul right?

Guess it didn't happen, as of now I believe 4:00 pm was deadline to sign so no news.

Last edited:
Yup!
Yates is not an NFL* Player under contract so there would be no violation by Brady having any contact in that regard. Yates can be useful since they're playing Houston and he can also gain insight on our game plan. But knowing goodell*, he will make up a rule as he goes along to screw Brady.
The question is how did Yates wind up at Casa de Gisele .

Tall order for this team but if Gronk is back they can go two TE with Gronk and Bennett as bookends and run and pass out of it, which is big advantage offensively. I would love to see them go heavy, just use two WR's and Blount and force the Texans to go heavy and throw at them when they do.

Yep. I'm not expecting a 29-38 393 yds 4TD performance but I am expecting a 16-25 200yds 1TD type of game

Crazy that you say that, b/c I was envisioning something very similar: 16/25 upper 180s, 1 touchdown, 1 turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back