PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo rumored to be active and dressed, but only in backup role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I am not happy about this. If you are going to dress him up and put him on the sideline, then he ought to be good enough to play. LOL

Just think it looks bad to the lockeroom if he wants to make this HIS team.

Update:

Mike Reiss has a source that contradicts this....

Last edited:
By the way, there's this bit of information. Would be STUNNED if Brissett could execute the Patriots playbook that way this "source" implies he can.

Imagine the look on Goodell's face is Brissett lights it up tonight! hahaha

Last edited:
I should get a job as a journalist. I could have reported this on Sunday afternoon at 5:00 p.m.

BB to JG: "Leave your sling in the tunnel just before you come out onto the field."

If they do dress him (and I'm skeptical they will) then I'm perfectly fine with him acting backup to Brissett for this game. No need to further aggravate it by having him play but good to have him there in case of an emergency.

This is exactly what I would do. Don't open Grop up to further injury and see what you have with brisket. If the worst happens at least Jimmy can call plays and hand the ball off

By the way, there's this bit of information. Would be STUNNED if Brissett could execute the Patriots playbook that way this "source" implies he can.

So BB wasn't joking when he said he had faith in ALL 3 QBs!

I am not happy about this. If you are going to dress him up and put him on the sideline, then he ought to be good enough to play. LOL

Just think it looks bad to the lockeroom if he wants to make this HIS team.

Meh. I remember when guys like Jim McMahon, Phil Sims and other high-profile QBs who didn't start because of serious injury sat on the sidelines or came in later in the game.

Its totally possible Jimmy can barely move his shoulder regardless of his pain tolerance.

If the game was on Sunday Jimmy G would be listed as probable, it's unfortunate this injury came in a short week, he should be in pain but he can hand off the ball to a RB if god forbid Biscuit goes down.

I know hes a rookie but I think people are selling him short.

Hes smart.
He was first exposed to the Perkins/Erhardt offense by Charlie Weis for an entire year.
He received the playbook in May
Hes had a ton of practices and reps.
Hes played in the preseason
Hes played in a real game already which helps a little with butterflies
Hes had a week worth (sort but planning nonethless) of planning as hes going to start.
This coaching staff knows how to put him a position of success.

I think hes going to play very well tonight

So I'm wondering...what does a really good Brissett performance do to JG's perceived value...no effect at all? Or does everyone then say, eh, they're all systems QBs up there, it's all Belichick. Or is it goddamn, the Pats have the top 3 QBs in the AFC East...

Hes smart.
He was first exposed to the Perkins/Erhardt offense by Charlie Weis for an entire year.
Hes had a week worth (sort but planning nonethless) of planning as hes going to start.

Agreed. And I think playing last week will help him a lot with butterflies...more prep, his game, etc.

Question...when was the last time the Pats lost a regular season game as an underdog?

So I'm wondering...what does a really good Brissett performance do to JG's perceived value...no effect at all? Or does everyone then say, eh, they're all systems QBs up there, it's all Belichick. Or is it goddamn, the Pats have the top 3 QBs in the AFC East...

no effect at all? Or does everyone then say, eh, they're all systems QBs up there, it's all Belichick (what everyone will say publicly)

goddamn, the Pats have the top 3 QBs in the AFC East... (what everyone will think privately)

Agreed. And I think playing last week will help him a lot with butterflies...more prep, his game, etc.

Yep. I'm not expecting a 29-38 393 yds 4TD performance but I am expecting a 16-25 200yds 1TD type of game

Question...when was the last time the Pats lost a regular season game as an underdog?

Damn if I know. Was **** MacPherson coach:p

Hes smart.

Our current offense bears almost no resemblance to the Ray Perkins and Ron Ehrhardt offenses of the 70s and 80s. It's a misnomer to call this a Perkins-Ehrhardt offense because BBs first OC in NE coached under Ehrhardt once.
In fact the offense we run today doesn't even resemble the one Weis ran here barely at all.

Good question.

I think will depend on his play. Jimmy G was playing a lot like Brady with a little more of deep throws in this 2nd game. If they call some run option plays and Biscuit throws some bombs like he was doing in the pre season than it's your 2nd alternative, they are all good.

If they run the standard plays it may raise this 1st line of questioning indeed.

i would love, love, love, love it if brissett also plays ammazing

not sure what pats brass will do after next week w/ that info, maybe they already knew how each would perform in game type situations, but...imagine being able to say you have the THIRD best QB in your division? lmao...if brissett does destroy, and we win tonight, and then we win next week w/ either gar or briss destroying again, i don't think i could script a better stretch for these 4 suspension games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes