PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garcia being shopped. Maybe Belichick knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than listing the reasons a QB with 113 starts, 150 TDs / 78 INTs is better than some undrafted free agent from Idaho that clears waivers without even getting a stiff... rather than all that, I will stick to your points.

If he is that good why is he being shipped?

If he is that good why is he being shipped?

Because their coach is an idiot, and they can't 'get along'. I don't think the Pats are going to trade for a QB but if they did get Garcia it would improve their team.

I think the Pats would rather wait for Garcia to be cut. Then they can sign him for the vet minimum.

They won't get him for that and who's to say he wants to come here rather than go somewhere else where he might be guaranteed a starting job? I think a trade is the only way this happens. Letting him get cut puts too many other options on his table.

Tonight Kansas City just signed some scrub QB named ingrid Martin or something like that so take KC out of the Garcia sweepstakes - If there is one

Last edited:
Tonight Kansas City just signed some scrub QB named ingrid Martin or something like that so take KC out of the Garcia sweepstakes - If there is one

and the 49ers signed Jamie Martin......to replace Alex Smith. Yes, the 38 yr old Jamie Martin.

Last edited:
It's possible they've already agreed to a trade, negotiated the picks and the money, and Garcia and the Bucs have agreed to keep it out of the press until after Sunday, to eliminate distractions.

But then, I predicted they'd re-sign Lynch after the first game. :)

http://www.patscap.com/

Like even how to spell his name, hehe.

*sigh* - I can't wait until next week when he plays that extra five minutes that should be enough to get people saying "He has only started one game...":D

He still won't play a full game. KO will mop up the last two series. ;)

He still won't play a full game. KO will mop up the last two series. ;)

How utterly hilarious would that be? hehe

Garcia would be a great fit in NE compared to our other options.

I am completely ready to sink or swim with Cassel and I think we can swim but this certainly would be a better option than Culpepper, Simms, Rattay, Drew, or Babe Parelli

you say that now........

I hope for the best for Matt,,,,,,,,but if he tanks it or the team loses a few in a row.....people will be calling for his head..............

I don't think Garcia will be a good fit in NE he's like 38 already injured and is giving the bucs management a hardtime about his playing time. Botttom line dont like the attitude

I don't think Garcia will be a good fit in NE he's like 38 already injured and is giving the bucs management a hardtime about his playing time. Botttom line dont like the attitude
Oh, you said 'already injured'. For a moment, I thought you were talking about Favre.

He seemed the good soldier here in Philly in '06 backing up McNabb and went 5-1 as a replacement with a 10-2 TD/Int ratio and took them further in the playoffs than they deserved to go....Worth a look....

Agreed, he was one of the top rated QB's last season for the Bucs. He is smart, shifty, elusive in the pocket and can run, he does whatever it takes to get a first down, best QB available. Good number 2 guy behind Cassel.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2007&seasonType=REG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case