PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts: I am absolutely disgusted by the Pats tonight edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has a bone bruise, not sprained ankle. It is a pain tolerance thing not a ligament thing. A bone bruise is not something that can get re-aggravated. It is either he can play with the pain or not.

Rob a bone bruise often involves small brakes and bone fiber damage. This needs to heal on its own otherwise you are increasing the likelyhood that he will sustain ligament damage or break that bone. Don't forget we are talking about elite athletes that put their knees and feet through insane situations. Please stop comparing it to a normal bruise because it is not.

We are speculating without knowing any details. On paper I agree with what you say but it is not only pain that he needs to deal with but the injury also affects his movement until it is healed. There is a reason why Mankins was able to play through torn ACLs. It is not only because he is a tough player but also because seemingly his job was not as affected by that injury as most other positions would be. I seriously don't understand why everyone gets hung up on that 100% talk. We are not talking about a soft player like Jimmy Graham here.

But I am not speculating. Gronk said this week that he isn't coming back until he is 100% .

I am not saying Gronk is soft, but since he re-broke his arm, he seems to put his long term career over the needs of the team. I can forgive that coming back from an ACL tear, but not from a minor bone bruise.

Like I said, you suck it up and play. Nobody, and I mean nobody, who has played every game or whatever in their sport and is close to the end of the normal season is healthy. It's not possible with the human body.

You fight, you claw and you keep playing even at 80-90%. Gronk waiting until 100% is bs because he'll never been 100% before even the super bowl. Edelman won't be 100%. Collins isn't 100%. Neither is dola.

Brady hasn't been the great Brady but he's got no one and no help. He's making the team stay competitive.

Wasn't he double covered even if he kept running? Why not just try and move the damn chains?

Exactly, Brady was balling then he suddenly tried to become Hercules, ruining at least 2 possessions.

You always need games like this to do all your stupid in. I am not disappointed. We did not play a smart game.
This game was lost by Brady and BB. How often can one say that? I am a bit worried but not too much.
huh?

Rob a bone bruise often involves small brakes and bone fiber damage. This needs to heal on its own otherwise you are increasing the likelyhood that he will sustain ligament damage or break that bone. Don't forget we are talking about elite athletes that put their knees and feet through insane situations. Please stop comparing it to a normal bruise because it is not.

Can he run? Can he make cuts? Can he still block at 80% of his normal capacity? If so you play. I don't know if there's a way to make that injury worse. You suck it up and play. I know several people not in his physical shape, have worse injuries and still play in their respective sport.

It is a huge difference, but there is no difference in that it is a pain management rather than a structural thing. A bone bruise is far closer to muscle bruise than it is to an MCL sprain. A bone bruise is basically a really bad bruise that goes all the way to the bone. It isn't ligament damage. Ligament damage is something you have to be careful with.

As I said before, the only big risk with a bone bruise is if there is a loss of blood supply, but that happens within the first few hours and by all accounts that didn't happen. But I am not saying to rush out there. I am saying waiting until it is completely healed is selfish if the team needs him.

Except there often is minor structural damage associated with (deep) bone bruises. All you need are a few damaged fibres, suddenly the ligaments are put under more pressure than usual (again remember we are talking about elite athletes) and suddenly something tears. If there is one thing with what you don't want to **** around as an athlete it is your knees.

I am not saying Gronk is soft, but since he re-broke his arm, he seems to put his long term career over the needs of the team. I can forgive that coming back from an ACL tear, but not from a minor bone bruise.

You have gone from calling it a knee bruise, to a bone bruise to now it being a "minor knee bruise". That is the speculation I was talking about.

And when did I say he should play if he is not close to being healed. Gronk wants to wait until he is 100%. If he is at 80-90%, his bones are likely healed enough that there is no fear of damage.

Again, I am not telling him to put himself into harms way. I am saying he shouldn't wait until he is 100% because his father is advising him to do so because they got burned by rushing back before. It is a different argument.

If there is a realistic chance of re-injuring it by playing, that is one thing. If he is just waiting to be completely healed because he made the mistake to rush back four years ago, that is selfish.

You would think Ernie Adams would tell Bill/Josh: we have like a 5% chance to hit these bombs to Lafell. Cut the crap.

You have gone from calling it a knee bruise, to a bone bruise to now it being a "minor knee bruise". That is the speculation I was talking about.

The reports it was minor. I am not speculating.

I did not say it was a bone bruise because I forgot that was reported. That was my bad.

Three plays, 21 points for the Eagles cost the Patriots this game:

Blocked punt returned for a touchdown
Malcolm Jenkins interception of bad pass by Brady returned 99 yards for a TD
Sproles 83-yard punt return for TD

All three are so out of character. This is high school stuff that has nothing to do with who was injured and who was on the field.

This feels like the KC loss of 2014. We're on to Houston.

People actually b1tching about not having Gronk in there sucking it up today. Crazy town, the guy got carted off last week. Who cares what the reports are. I know when I saw him on the turf last week I thought he was done for the year. I am happy to have him back, when he is ready to come back.

10-2 which should rightfully be 10-1.

Some ugly football, but you will never catch me getting "disgusted" over the imperfections of those things/and people I love.

Shame your enjoyment of such a gift as we are blessed with having witnessed for the past 15 years is so tragically marred by them losing a game once in a while.

You would think Ernie Adams would tell Bill/Josh: we have like a 5% chance to hit these bombs to Lafell. Cut the crap.
Agreed it doesn't make sense go me. Feels more like a desperate/frustrated pass. It very rarely works hitting LaFell in stride for a long bomb.

People actually b1tching about not having Gronk in there sucking it up today. Crazy town, the guy got carted off last week. Who cares what the reports are. I know when I saw him on the turf last week I thought he was done for the year. I am happy to have him back, when he is ready to come back.

We have seen many times what happens at the point of the injury means nothing. We have seen players look to have season ending injuries and carted off the field and then play the next week (it happened to Tedy Bruschi once) and we have seen players look like they got a minor injury and even play the rest of the game and then go to IR.

The reports it was minor. I am not speculating.

I did not say it was a bone bruise because I forgot that was reported. That was my bad.

Look it is what it is. I am just getting bothered by people implying that Gronk is soft or putting himself over the team. It is a serious injury that is fortunately not as bad as it could have been. A week ago at this time we were having a funeral for our SB bid because his injury looked season-ending. Lets just be happy that we will have him during the playoffs and dont play into the various media/agent narratives especially because we don't have all the information.

I've had one recently. It was difficult to walk in week one. But the recovery was pretty quick week 2 & 3.

We have seen many times what happens at the point of the injury means nothing. We have seen players look to have season ending injuries and carted off the field and then play the next week (it happened to Tedy Bruschi once) and we have seen players look like they got a minor injury and even play the rest of the game and then go to IR.

So we don't know jack about Gronks injury.

Exactly.

How bout, he wasn't in today because he wasn't ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST