PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts: I am absolutely disgusted by the Pats tonight edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed that Brady seems to be forcing the ball to the WR when there is coverage?
In the past 5 games, Brady threw for 5 INTs.

1st 7 games: 1 INT.
How long as edelperson been out?

no idea why people are arguing about Gronk's availability in an Eagles game discussion when we all knew he had 0% chance of playing today.

They could also win out the rest of their games while CIncy and DEN play each other still. So is the bye a lock? no...but still a very..very good shot at it

Dude, they lost to the Eagles. That team stinks. They still have to go to Houston, to the Jets and to Miami. If they win one of those, it will be a nice but I could seem them struggling. This O-line is terrible and without JE, they lack a receiver that can get open quickly .

The team lacks offensive talent. There's Brady and an above average slot receiver. That would probably be enough for Brady if special teams didn't collapse.

I've had one recently. It was difficult to walk in week one. But the recovery was pretty quick week 2 & 3.

Did you sustain it on a hit like he did ? It requires a lot of force to get a bruised bone if you are a walking mountain of muscle. Also, does your job require you to block people, sprint/cut/jump as fast/far as you can ? Because a professional athlete is more affected in his "work performance" by injuries than us regular people.

Anyway, I really don't want to make this entire thread again all about Gronk. We will see what happens.

Now that we're seeing the O-line healthy we see they have issues beyond health.

But I am not speculating. Gronk said this week that he isn't coming back until he is 100% .

I am not saying Gronk is soft, but since he re-broke his arm, he seems to put his long term career over the needs of the team. I can forgive that coming back from an ACL tear, but not from a minor bone bruise.

I would argue that while the team's short-term needs are not aligned with Gronk's long-term career goals, their long-term needs are.

Dude, they lost to the Eagles. That team stinks. They still have to go to Houston, to the Jets and to Miami. If they win one of those, it will be a nice but I could seem them struggling. This O-line is terrible and without JE, they lack a receiver that can get open quickly .

I doubt that they will lose more than one of the remaining games. Especially if you look what it took Denver and the Eagles to actually win their games (botched punts, punt returns, blocked punts, pick 6s).

Look it is what it is. I am just getting bothered by people implying that Gronk is soft or putting himself over the team. It is a serious injury that is fortunately not as bad as it could have been. A week ago at this time we were having a funeral for our SB bid because his injury looked season-ending. Lets just be happy that we will have him during the playoffs and dont play into the various media/agent narratives especially because we don't have all the information.

I am not implying that was pretty much confirmed. The Gronkowski family are very meddlesome with Gronk's injuries. The Patriots and the "Gronkowski family" issued a joined press release about his injury. Reports were last year that Gronk could have played sooner, but Gronk and his father wouldn't let him play until he was 100%. Gronk said repeatedly this week that he would not play again until he is 100%.

And I will be ecstatic if we could have had him during the regular season, but he doesn't play and the Pats lose a bye and then are one and done because Edelman isn't ready or could have used an extra week to come back and be effective.

I am not asking him to risk re-injuring it. I am saying he doesn't have to wait until it is completely healed either.

We didnt lose this game because Gronk was missing. We could have won this game by 2-3 touchdowns missing a couple other guys.

I cant remember so many special team mistakes in a season, let alone a game. Just zero situational awareness. The Brady/amendola pick was a mix of a forced pass and bad luck, and if it was something that happened more than every other season, i could be a bit more angry with Brady.

All that aside, I thought brady had a tremendous game given how much of a mess the o-line is right now. Every delayed handoff was met with a DT must boil Bradys blood. They are telling him that he has to do it without a running game, which is fine if you have no desire to compete for a championship, or if you have every one of your receiving weapons healthy and helping. Brady is currently working with a terrible line, missing his top 3 receiving options, his 4th option is playing hurt, and his 5 option is a mess. Oh, and his 6th option is also hurt.

He is playing with the shortest deck right now, and yet, there we were, driving down the field to tie up a game that was so far out of reach. I will be honest, this one doesnt sting at all, but I love LOVE LOVE watching brady do brady things when the universe is conspiring against him. The team thinking the world stole a game from them last week can create entitlement, where as a game like this should make everyone furious and ready to work.

How bout, he wasn't in today because he wasn't ready to go.

When did I say he should play if he isn't ready to go. Being 100% and being able to play are two different things. From most accounts it is an 1-2 week injury. So if he missed today and even next week, it is one thing. If misses the Jets' game barring a set back, it is another.

I doubt that they will lose more than one of the remaining games. Especially if you look what it took Denver and the Eagles to actually win their games (botched punts, punt returns, blocked punts, pick 6s).
My concern is that we are making the special teams mistakes late in the season. That is unusual for this team. Their special teams are generally outstanding. The Patriots usually play their best football this time of year.

We didnt lose this game because Gronk was missing. We could have won this game by 2-3 touchdowns missing a couple other guys.

I cant remember so many special team mistakes in a season, let alone a game. Just zero situational awareness. The Brady/amendola pick was a mix of a forced pass and bad luck, and if it was something that happened more than every other season, i could be a bit more angry with Brady.

All that aside, I thought brady had a tremendous game given how much of a mess the o-line is right now. Every delayed handoff was met with a DT must boil Bradys blood. They are telling him that he has to do it without a running game, which is fine if you have no desire to compete for a championship, or if you have every one of your receiving weapons healthy and helping. Brady is currently working with a terrible line, missing his top 3 receiving options, his 4th option is playing hurt, and his 5 option is a mess. Oh, and his 6th option is also hurt.

He is playing with the shortest deck right now, and yet, there we were, driving down the field to tie up a game that was so far out of reach. I will be honest, this one doesnt sting at all, but I love LOVE LOVE watching brady do brady things when the universe is conspiring against him. The team thinking the world stole a game from them last week can create entitlement, where as a game like this should make everyone furious and ready to work.

i never said the Pats lost this one because Gronk wasn't playing. I am saying the Pats have no margin of error at this point and he will be needed for upcoming games.

The shame of this is, I would bet the same posters would have been going postal if Belichick had played Gronk and he had gotten injured further.

F-fracking ballistic.
Their injury crystal ball must just be less cloudy than mine?

I would argue that while the team's short-term needs are not aligned with Gronk's long-term career goals, their long-term needs are.

I agree. But waiting until he is 100% is not necessary for the Pats long or short term needs or Gronk's long term career goals. Gronk and his father are now just over cautious because the Pats disregarded both the Pats' and Gronkowski family's long term needs and goals to rush him back from the broken arm.

I am not implying that was pretty much confirmed. The Gronkowski family are very meddlesome with Gronk's injuries. The Patriots and the "Gronkowski family" issued a joined press release about his injury. Reports were last year that Gronk could have played sooner, but Gronk and his father wouldn't let him play until he was 100%. Gronk said repeatedly this week that he would not play again until he is 100%.

And I will be ecstatic if we could have had him during the regular season, but he doesn't play and the Pats lose a bye and then are one and done because Edelman isn't ready or could have used an extra week to come back and be effective.

I am not asking him to risk re-injuring it. I am saying he doesn't have to wait until it is completely healed either.

Yeah thats ********. You are confusing 2014 with 2013 here but even then it is a flawed comparison because in one of the years Gronk had a surgery where everything worked as expected and he participated in all OTAs and TC while in the other year he had 4 surgeries one the same arm and was not back to healthy status until late in TC.

But that was discussed again and again last week in that idiotic Gronk Thread and I am too tired to talk through it again. Whatever. If you think that he doesn't care about the team then so be it, it is a pointless discussion especially in a game that had so many other issues to talk about.

Why the moral victory? Excuses are for losers, every team we have beaten in the past 14 years can make an excuse.

i never said the Pats lost this one because Gronk wasn't playing. I am saying the Pats have no margin of error at this point and he will be needed for upcoming games.

the margin of error is built in to a 4 game lead in the division. Home field advantage means nothing in the long term. We just have to get there, and we are already there. I am not saying gronk needs to miss every game til then, but i have no problem him waiting until his body allows.

Why the moral victory? Excuses are for losers, every team we have beaten in the past 14 years can make an excuse.

thats not a moral victory. It was a tasty loss. I love an angry team going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST