PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gabriel Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting move. I was surprised to hear this. I hope that Ben Watson is going to be able to play next week because our receiving corps(e) is even thinner now. I'm hoping that this action at the very least might make players play and practice with more intensity, knowing that their jobs are on the line.

What a waste of a draft pick. Too bad it didn't work out. If the Raiders pick him up as Miguel had written about earlier, that would be somewhat like a coup de grace...

Interesting move. I was surprised to hear this. I hope that Ben Watson is going to be able to play next week because our receiving corps(e) is even thinner now. I'm hoping that this action at the very least might make players play and practice with more intensity, knowing that their jobs are on the line.

What a waste of a draft pick. Too bad it didn't work out. If the Raiders pick him up as Miguel had written about earlier, that would be somewhat like a coup de grace...
It may be a waste of a draft pick, but we have the cheering prospect of knowing the Raiders aren't reknown for their draft strategies.

Its great to drink the koolaid but you have to calla spade a spade they have a bunch of 3 and 4 and 5 recievers and your seeing the result no seperation on the field the one guy who seperates Watson lays the ball on the field, bb and pioli have been good but when they come into the season without a 1 or a 2 reciever you have to admit it, its not Bradys fault you loose your top 2 recievers and replace them with nothing, its one and out in the playooffs this yer. the cap has changed and 1.1 million aint going to cut it anybody who disagrees doesnt want to see reality, we are all thankfull for the rings but to come into the season with that bunch of recievers and that much under the cap is no exuse bb and pioli are human and have made mistakes before and this is one that will cost them a season its to bad because there is no exuse for it

Will someone please punctuate the last post for me so I can understand it?

hey pats wicked pissah if ypu cant figure out the content thats your problem is you occupation a typistz/ if so wicked pissah

hey pats wicked pissah if ypu cant figure out the content thats your problem is you occupation a typistz/ if so wicked pissah

Translation please?

i figured you wouldnt understand it pissha

Wow. This is a bold move.
We hardly knew you DG but one thing I know is this wasn't because of "the fumble". If that were the case we'd basically have no team today.
Big move-I hope it means Chad Jackson may step up because I can't think of anything that negative about DG to warrant this one.
Maybe it's a roster move of some kind. What a year!

you might understand english but not football, i dont spend my life typing sorry if its not up to your high standards

you might understand english but not football, i dont spend my life typing sorry if its not up to your high standards
Easy now neighbor. Us older folks find it hard to read dense type. We appreciate basic punctuation and the use of paragraphs because it helps us actually read what you wish to share. Your points are valued, but you must admit one dense sentence isn't the easiest read, even for you healthy youngsters.

If you think I have trouble, poor Pissah has a seeing eye blonde to help him, unfortunately she can't always see the screen.

This is an odd move in strange season. I've rarely seen a player arrive as a savior and then get released less than a season in.
In BB we trust, even if its hard sometimes to understand the logic.
Peace.

Wow. This move baffles me. I don't get it one bit.

OK. Here is the one bit I get.

If DG was merely playing poorly they would not have released him now. (1) It isn't as if there are great players out there crowding their way onto our roster for whom we need the slot (2) Consider the number of less-than-fully-productive players who are on our roster but are gameday inactives (I'm looking at you, Marquise Hill) (3) Keeping him on the roster at least gives him the chance to improve.

So this is: file under "other". Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine (well, better probably) but mine is that he got up in the locker room after the Miami game and delivered a NEM-style personal rant against the Offensive Co-ordinator and BB had no choice but to fire his *ss.

I called it.

Didn't know it would be Gabriel, but their offense was sluggish and undisciplined.

Talent isn't the only thing that makes for a good offense. Crisp execution and communication as the result of good practice habits and a game plan that fits the personnel, (that's phase two).

Don't forget, in 2001 we won with a special teams player and third down receiver just breaking in as a regular.

A street free agent castoff, obviously worth nothing according to posters and

Some guy named Fred who made like 2 plays all year.

That was our wide receiving corps.

Last edited:
Umm, then which is it? Brady needs good receivers and that's why he's not playing as well as he can? Or Brady doesn't require anything special out there, just some dudes trying hard, and he can still win?

This is odd - on the latest "unofficial" Depth Chart dated Dec. 9 Pass is on it but Gabriel isn't? That suggests Gabriel was released Dec. 9 or earlier but the Pat's didn't release that fact publicly. See:
http://www.patriots.com/depthchart.cfm

This is odd - on the latest "unofficial" Depth Chart dated Dec. 9 Pass is on it but Gabriel isn't? That suggests Gabriel was released Dec. 9 or earlier but the Pat's didn't release that fact publicly. See:
http://www.patriots.com/depthchart.cfm

He played Sunday the 10th, so he couldn't have been released on the 9th.

What a bummer, I had high hopes for the guy, but he really fell off the map. Oh well, at least this means Jackson must be near full health, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back