PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are pissed about it too. Judging from the reaction over at Chiefsplanet, I don't think that agent should hit the BBQ joints in the K.C. area anytime soon.

It'd be hilarious if there was someway to force him to sign with the chiefs because he agreed to do it already.

People are pissed about it too. Judging from the reaction over at Chiefsplanet, I don't think that agent should hit the BBQ joints in the K.C. area anytime soon.

Interesting that the agent in question had been banned for 8 years.

I dont see how what elway is really doing that is revolutionary though. throwing big money at players to come play for a team that just made it to the superbowl last year.

really good signing for denver though. I would say he is probably about as good as decker....decker's stats were inflated by that offense last year. is it too early to say Denver-New England in the afc-championship?

I'm not sure I see skill in bringing a guy to a SB contender by paying a lot more than anyone else will.
It reminds me of Storage Wars when the buyers act like they did something smart by being the highest bidder and blowing a ton of money on crap.

Agreed. I'm not sure how "Let me pay you more money than anyone else will, lol!" translates to "killer instinct".

What I don't understand is how they are managing to blow all this money and stay comfortably under the cap.

I'll take 3/11 for LaFell over 3/15 for Sanders.

Alot of people seem to like Sanders more, but he's incredibly redundant in an offense that also has Amendola, Edelman, and Boyce.

He also has inconsistent hands (as does LaFell), and has some injury concerns.

I'll take the bigger receiver with adequate speed over the smaller shiftier receiver who fumbles on top of his dropped passes.

I'll take 3/11 for LaFell over 3/15 for Sanders.

Alot of people seem to like Sanders more, but he's incredibly redundant in an offense that also has Amendola, Edelman, and Boyce.

He also has inconsistent hands (as does LaFell), and has some injury concerns.

I'll take the bigger receiver with adequate speed over the smaller shiftier receiver who fumbles on top of his dropped passes.

My thoughts exactly, especially since Lafell is bigger and has more production

Seems like he will fit I'm real well with the Denver Donkeys then.
Boyce is the same type of received with more upside.
If we sign Britt I highly doubt we draft a receiver unless its the end of the draft or a guy falls dramatically on our board.
I would help honestly move up for Pryor at safety or stay put and watch Loston fall.
I think you have to draft either one of those safeties or Hageman.
I will get criticized for this but draft a Colt Lyera later on in say the 4th round.
Unless Austin falls to us in the 1st.

Apparently it was 3/18 for Sanders, which is even worse

Dane Fletcher signed with Tampa.

Dane Fletcher to the Bucs on a one year deal, per Jeff Howe

One year deal for Fletch. Seems like we coulda had him if BB wanted him. Likely BB figured he'd seen Fletch's upside and it's better to try someone new with more possible upside.

Perhaps Belichick could have kept him. I suspect not.

IIRC, Fletcher was getting ZERO reps until the injuries. I don't think that Fletcher expected to get many reps behind Mayo, Hightower and Collins. Fletcher wanted to play more and at least have a possibility of competing for a starting or significant role.

One year deal for Fletch. Seems like we coulda had him if BB wanted him. Likely BB figured he'd seen Fletch's upside and it's better to try someone new with more possible upside.

Fletcher is supposedly getting a one-year deal with the Bucs that can exceed $2M in total value, and contains $1.2M in guarantees.

Seems like a bit much for him, unless Tampa Bay thinks he will be competing with Jonathan Casillas for the starting SLB position. Mason Foster is their starting MLB and Lavonte David the WLB. Bucs needed to add some depth at LB after losing Adam Heyward and Dekoda Watson in free agency.

Congrats to Fletcher on the payday; I don't think he's really worth that much from a Patriots perspective, but perhaps he is to a team like the Bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3