PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiders reached agreement with former Packers WR James Jones, per ESPN source.

I thought he was going to car

Raiders reached agreement with former Packers WR James Jones, per ESPN source.

I thought he was going to car

Interested to see the contract. I'm betting he's second only to Decker in this year's crop.

Any details on Edelman's contract yet? Strange that nothing's out there.

Poor Wrecks, the NY Jets defensive secondary will suck this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgers-cromartie

Giants agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a five-year, $39 million contract.

We suspect the G-Men built protective language into the deal after DRC openly contemplated retirement during Super Bowl week. Giants GM Jerry Reese made his secondary a huge free-agency priority, re-signing Trumaine McBride and Stevie Brown, while adding Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond III, and Quintin Demps. Still only 28 (in April), Rodgers-Cromartie was a borderline shutdown corner in Denver last season, intercepting three passes and allowing just one touchdown over the Broncos' final 14 games. He'll bookend Prince Amukamara as the Giants' starting corners. Expect Thurmond to cover the slot on passing downs. These are major upgrades to the back end of Big Blue's defense.

Has Billy Boy lost his mind?

Mark Sanchez - New York Jets - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects the Texans to have interest in Mark Sanchez "if/when he's released."

Sanchez is expected to be cut before March 25, when his $2 million roster bonus comes do. RapSheet seems to be forecasting a Matt Schaub-for-Sanchez switcheroo in Houston. The Texans at this point are expected to pass on a quarterback with the No. 1 pick in May's draft. It's entirely possible Sanchez winds up as Bill O'Brien's Week 1 starter, based on the most recent reports.

Why the Redskins suck:

Brandon Meriweather - Washington Redskins - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Redskins re-signed FS Brandon Meriweather to a one-year contract.

Meriweather, 30, made 13 starts for the Skins last year, recording 69 tackles, two interceptions, and a forced fumble. He graded out 77th among 86 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus' safety ratings. New Redskins nickel back Tracy Porter came in 105th among 110 corners, per PFF. PFF had LCB DeAngelo Hall as its No. 84 corner, and RCB David Amerson tied with Hall for 84th. The Redskins had better hope Pro Football Focus' 2013 ratings aren't predictive.

More reason why the Redskins suck:

Ryan Clark - Pittsburgh Steelers - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Free agent FS Ryan Clark says he's generating interest from the Ravens and Jets, in addition to the Redskins.

"We’ve got some interest from the Ravens, the Jets," claimed Clark. "We’re actually in negotiations with Washington as we speak. So, we’ll see how it goes." 34 years old, Clark is trying to max out what will quite possibly be his final contract as an NFL player. He still seems likeliest to land in Washington.

Nobody wants to play with poor Wrecks:

James Jones - Oakland Raiders - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Raiders signed WR James Jones, formerly of the Packers, to a three-year contract.

Jones, 30, set career highs in catches (59) and yards (817) last season with Green Bay, scoring three touchdowns after leading the NFL in touchdown catches (14) the previous year. He gives the Raiders a physical presence with an ability to win contested catches and stretch the field. Unfortunately, Jones going to quarterback-less Oakland could be a death knell for his fantasy outlook. We fully expect Jones to start, but the rest of the Raiders' receiver pecking order is to-be-determined between Denarius Moore, Rod Streater, and Andre Holmes.

NFL on ESPN ✔ @ESPNNFL

Most guaranteed money spent this offseason thus far: -TB $71M (11 players) -DEN $66M (4 players) -IND $58M (4 players) -MIN $48M (4 players)

holy cow...

If you thought we had a bad WR situation look at Carolina what are they doing down there?

Cam's going to be doing some more running next year I guess.

DT Letroy Guion signs with the Packers. The Pats had him in for a visit.

Any news on Henry Melton?

EDIT: Deep in contract negotiations with Seattle.

Last edited:
I imagine that Melton ends up in Seattle 100%. I was surprised they didn't get Hatcher and a few other DTs that came by. The funny thing about Gus Bradley being in Jax is that Seattle and Jax are competing with their strategy of having a super deep roster of average DL (which apparently works incredibly well!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back