PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Belichick could have kept him. I suspect not.

IIRC, Fletcher was getting ZERO reps until the injuries. I don't think that Fletcher expected to get many reps behind Mayo, Hightower and Collins. Fletcher wanted to play more and at least have a possibility of competing for a starting or significant role.

Which is exactly why (I think) we lost Woodhead last year and couldn't get Woodyard this year. Hard to sign quality backups when you've got a thick roster.

Jared Allen visited Seattle but left without a deal, according to both Jason La Canfora and Ian Rapoport. He's got at least 1 visit planned for next week, and is planning to take another week or so to gauge the market.

and also why we lost Thomas last year

Which is exactly why (I think) we lost Woodhead last year and couldn't get Woodyard this year. Hard to sign quality backups when you've got a thick roster.

Perhaps Belichick could have kept him. I suspect not.

IIRC, Fletcher was getting ZERO reps until the injuries. I don't think that Fletcher expected to get many reps behind Mayo, Hightower and Collins. Fletcher wanted to play more and at least have a possibility of competing for a starting or significant role.

He would've been one injury away from starting; he's not going to have higher expectations
in Tampa than that. Bill's being penny-wise and pound-foolish, again.

I would not consider thick any roster with Tavon Wilson, among others, on it.

I don't know why you think that Belichick didn't offer enough money.

I suspect that Belichick offered more money than Tanpa Bay.

Fletcher wanted a chance to start. Belichick couldn't offer that.

He would've been one injury away from starting; he's not going to have higher expectations
in Tampa than that. Bill's being penny-wise and pound-foolish, again.

Hmm... so Dallas is salary cap strapped, yet they are bringing in both Melton, and Allen, for visits?

Why is always a surprise when teams understand their cap better than we do?

Hmm... so Dallas is salary cap strapped, yet they are bringing in both Melton, and Allen, for visits?

Looks like the Jets are getting their stud WR to pair opposite Decker:

Don't know if this is out there, but WR Jacoby Ford is taking a physical and expected to sign with the #Jets

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/445622188712796162

IDK, he looks to be a huge drug risk and his duties as mayor of Toronto makes you question his commitment to football, but he is a big bodied receiver that will be tough to cover.

Wouldn't have minded Jacoby Ford in New England, blazing fast and a very good kick returner.

I don't know why you think that Belichick didn't offer enough money.

I suspect that Belichick offered more money than Tanpa Bay.

Fletcher wanted a chance to start. Belichick couldn't offer that.

Looking at Tampa's current roster, I now believe that Fletch would indeed be starting
next to Lavonte David & Mason Foster. Their LB cupboard is more bare than I had
originally ass-umed. I'm sure however that more LBs will be added through either
free agency or the draft, but at least he has a leg up on the competition.
My apologies; I think I jumped the gun here regarding Fletch's prospects of starting.

Wouldn't have minded Jacoby Ford in New England, blazing fast and a very good kick returner.

Maybe as a kick returner, but he seems like nothing special on offense and can never stay healthy. Looks like Chaz Schilens 2.0 for the Jets.

Jared Allen visited Seattle but left without a deal, according to both Jason La Canfora and Ian Rapoport. He's got at least 1 visit planned for next week, and is planning to take another week or so to gauge the market.

I think that, if Allen is going to get signed, it will be after the draft by a team desperate for a pass rusher that they missed who may overpay. Otherwise, if he goes unsigned after the draft, he will have priced himself out.

Giants agreed to terms with CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a five-year contract.

Panthers re-signed James Dockery, Jason Williams

Cardinals signed Bryan McCann

Giants signed linebacker Spencer Paysinger

Former Ravens kicker Steven Hauschka got a new deal today from the Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back