PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RapSheet: Even though the #Patriots agreed to terms with Julian Edelman today, expect them to seek out one more free agent WR on the market.

Stay tuned. Lafell or Cotchery would be good depth signings.

James jones or emmanuel sanders

Sanders would be nice.

Anyone but LaFell really! Even Jacoby Ford - at least he would come in and return kick offs.

Sanders would be nice.

Anyone but LaFell really! Even Jacoby Ford - at least he would come in and return kick offs.

Jacoby jones?

I'd rather see them try to acquire Andre Johnson from Houston or just take Jordan Matthews in the draft.

I think justin Blackmon might be on the block, but not andre johnson.

Why would you want to move dominant Ninkovich away from starting DE?

To improve the position by getting a consistent pass rush and upgrade from a decent player to a good one.

Kenny Britt is visiting with us tomorrow

Could be a low risk- VERY high reward signing

James jones or emmanuel sanders

I heard Sanders has a foot issue and was looking for 5/31 or something like that. That's a lot of money.

Anyone know how much we've got left to spend? Assuming Wilfork stays, I mean.

OMG please get him signed Bill!

Yeah but we kind of have a log jam at the inside LB position if we do that. Hightower, Ninkovich, Collins and Beauharnais.

I expect Hightower to be the SAM with Mayo as the MIKE. Collins is definitely an OLB, not sure why you include him there.
Ninkovich is an OLB in any event.

I know Schiano has BB's ear but Britt is a bad seed.

Of course Browner is Mr Drugstore Cowboy so if it happens, why should this signing raise eyebrows...

I expect Hightower to be the SAM with Mayo as the MIKE. Collins is definitely an OLB, not sure why you include him there.
Ninkovich is an OLB in any event.

I'm anticipating Hightower - Mike, Collins - SAM, Mayo - Will. This frees up Mayo to roam and use his great range to hunt down and destroy the ball carrier. I agree that we need one more athletic linebacker in the rotation, but as you can see Woodyard got a bit too much for our tastes - 4/16.

Any rotation level linebacker I think will not get close to what Woodyard landed. And I still think we need to look at DT/DE. Not sure how much I can depend on Armstead seeing as how he showed us nothing last year.

Of course Browner is Mr Drugstore Cowboy so if it happens, why should this signing raise eyebrows...

Well the interesting story about Browner is that he went to level 3 on the NFL substance abuse program because he didn't comply with follow up testing AFTER he was released by his first NFL team and while he was playing in Canada. To me, that's the system screwing up. When you're playing in the CFL who expects to have to follow up on drug tests with the NFL? I think that's why his agent and the NFL reached the compromise of a 4 game suspension - some of the fault lay with the NFL as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...air-implementation-of-substance-abuse-policy/

I like Britt's potential assuming you can get him to buy in. I'd also like the Patriots to make a serious run at Alex Carrington to bolster the DL. Both would be two low cost value signings for mine.

Half the Seahawks are Adderall addicts. Choir boys winning the Super Bowl is a pipe dream.

Disclaimer
My claim about the Seahawks is completely false and used for feel good purposes.

Reportedly 2 years / $7M. About what Toby Gerhart got in terms of AAV.

The market price for LeGarrette Blount should be pretty low based on Tate's deal.

The weak market at WR, RB and LB is going to give the Patriots a shot to keep

Edelman
Fletcher
Blount
Wilfork

even with Revis and Browner, and still have money to spare. God bless surprisingly large cap increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back