PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we re-sign Carter after the draft, as seems likely, we will be in the same position as 2013, hoping that that Jones and Ninkovich can play over 90% of the reps.

Cater had 2 sacks, 7 QB hits, and 8 hurries in 9 games last season. I would hope to see us upgrade.

Cater had 2 sacks, 7 QB hits, and 8 hurries in 9 games last season. I would hope to see us upgrade.

Based upon snap counts, that actually isn't bad. However, he seemed slow and old, so the eye test is more damning than the numbers.

Based upon snap counts, that actually isn't bad. However, he seemed slow and old, so the eye test is more damning than the numbers.

To wit:
Chandler Jones played 1134 snaps, and Andre Carter played 155. Jones played 7.3 times as many.
Carters numbers per snap would add up to 14.5 sacks, 51 qb hits and 58 qb hurries in 1134 snaps.

I agree, he came out of the gate very well, but down the stretch run as you said he appeared to slow down.

I would bring him to camp, but I think we should look at adding another veteran as well. I am also a big fan of Kareem Martin in the draft.

Oliver Thomas ‏@OliverBThomas 10m

According to @RavensInsider, free-agent running back LeGarrette Blount will be visiting the Steelers Sunday night.

Perhaps gauging the market.

Perhaps gauging the market.

I'd be a little surprised if we ended up signing Blount. He fills a role as a change of pace, short yardage back behind Le'Veon, but he might be out of our price range.

It will be like the Ray Lewis retirement party run to the Super Bowl. All the calls with go his team's way, he'll be on deer antler spray and other PED's to help with his neck and still find a way to win the SB.

Since this is Off Season I'll continue my rant...

It's not like the NFL refs haven't set precedents here, as I'm reminded of the calls (Ellis Hobbs) in the AFCG against the Colts and far worse the totally mis-called SB where Rthlsbrgr beat Seattle with a QBR of 22. That was not a typo.

Underwood-McNutt...look out!

danny_cater_autograph.jpg

Lance Moore is a Steeler...dunno if this was posted or not.

After an exciting 1st week, a very slow 2nd week for the Patriots.
I'm disappointed they haven't re-signed a couple more of their own free agents especially Blount, or Wendell. Their other free agents are meh.

New York Jets ‏@nyjets 9m
Mark Sanchez has been released.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Filed to ESPN: QB Michael Vick is signing with the New York Jets, per team and league sources.

I just hope the next we hear isn't that they traded for DJax. I don't want Vick+DJax in our division. They're not a world beating combination but they have good chemistry together.

I'm disappointed they haven't re-signed a couple more of their own free agents especially Blount, or Wendell. Their other free agents are meh.

Why you want Wendall back is beyond me. A Center available in the 4th round would be better than him. Could probably even play Braxton Cave and he would be an improvement over Wendall.

Why you want Wendall back is beyond me. A Center available in the 4th round would be better than him. Could probably even play Braxton Cave and he would be an improvement over Wendall.

I agree that Wendell stinks but the Patriots have made no attempt to upgrade the position. Replacing him with Connolly is also a bad idea
because Connolly is also lousy. Re-signing Wendell seems their only option
for the time being.

Center seems to be a position the Patriots ignore in both the draft and
UDFAs. I was encouraged when they claimed Cave. I was hoping they
would look at Deitrich-Smith or De La Puenta. Both players were
better than Wendell.

Since this is Off Season I'll continue my rant...

It's not like the NFL refs haven't set precedents here, as I'm reminded of the calls (Ellis Hobbs) in the AFCG against the Colts and far worse the totally mis-called SB where Rthlsbrgr beat Seattle with a QBR of 22. That was not a typo.

Yes, I believe that the Seahawks had 2 TDs and another play that took them inside of the 2 yd line taken back, or basically--3 touchdowns. Of course, we later found out that the head ref was basically in tears years later for making the wrong calls.

The EH3rd call resulted in a "letter of apology" from the NFL--as if that actually makes the situation any better. I remember that play, and it was a horrible call.

I agree that Wendell stinks but the Patriots have made no attempt to upgrade the position. Replacing him with Connolly is also a bad idea
because Connolly is also lousy. Re-signing Wendell seems their only option
for the time being.

Center seems to be a position the Patriots ignore in both the draft and
UDFAs. I was encouraged when they claimed Cave. I was hoping they
would look at Deitrich-Smith or De La Puenta. Both players were
better than Wendell.

I'm assuming that we attacked things pretty aggressively, and after last weekend basically had all of the needs met when Edelman re-signed.

Now it's probably just sitting back and making the best value decisions that come to a head. Guys like Blount, Wendell, Connelly, etc all fall into this category. I wouldn't imagine that they are too concerned or in much of a hurry either way. The same probably holds true for veteran value signings at the position of WR just as well. The offers have been made, if anyone wants to agree, they'll be part of the competition. That would include Britt, Avant, etc.

New York Jets ‏@nyjets 9m
Mark Sanchez has been released.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Filed to ESPN: QB Michael Vick is signing with the New York Jets, per team and league sources.

I just hope the next we hear isn't that they traded for DJax. I don't want Vick+DJax in our division. They're not a world beating combination but they have good chemistry together.

I actually hope that the Jesters do trade for DJax & his huge contract. As soon as things start
to go poorly in Jersey, that locker room will explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents