PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Franchise/Transition Tag

Thuney is outta here. No way Bill pays him market value to keep him.

He won't be the only one leaving either. We'll see a bunch of FA walk. Maybe we'll end up with 1 comp pick when it's all said and done. Hardly a consolation.
Why do you think that we'll end up with a comp pick. I certainly hope that we net acquiring more free agents.

Why do you think that we'll end up with a comp pick. I certainly hope that we net acquiring more free agents.
Maybe but I thought the comps were based on salaries, so our guys get paid more than what we pay out.

Why? Folk is 36, go after Younghoe Koo (26), who had a hell of a year. This is what I'm saying. He's got a lot of cap space and goes after a mid tier guy to pay him top 5 salary?

The formula is more complicated than how many, it takes into account mostly the average yearly salary the UFA signed for and then slots that into comp pick rounds.

I doubt that the Pats sign anyone to a contract as rich as the one Thuney is going to sign. I’m sure Tampa is going to offer James White a nice salary too.

All the other Pats UFA will easily off set the ones that BB signs.

The only real outlier is if BB ponys up a serious contract for Judon. Or signs a UFA QB such as Prescott, Brissett, or Trubisky. Their salary will certainly off set what Thuney gets.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back