PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

OBJ thinking he can throw out a $20M/yr number and be taken seriously??
He's precisely average for a #2 WR... so we assume. Even in the Rams SB run before his ACL, he wasn't torching anyone, he was a complimentary piece while Kupp was making history.
I'd agree, and at this stage In his career with the injuries and all. But on this offense he's instantly the number 1 WR.

OBJ is still worth signing. When he's on he's a hell of a route runner, great hands and fights DBs on contested balls.

I know we'd never sign him.. so I'd bet you we get BB favorite robbie Anderson... after D hop gets traded to KC..

The

It is a deep draft but we can’t go passing on available all pros for low compensation.
So.. the NFL has Jonathan Jones in the top 30, and Wynn in the top 50 for available free agents.. as for Wynn in the words of the great teddy Bruschi... based on what... lol

Sounds like a fair suggestion. Will take that approach as best I can.
Just when I thought you couldn't get any whatever, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!
dumb and dumber harry GIF

depending on who takes the cap i agree

CBs aren’t as valuable as WRs these days. That is why the Pats couldn’t tag and trade JC Jackson last year. If the Pats had a WR who was comparable to what Jackson was as a CB hitting free agency, they could have easily tagged and traded him for a first round pick or more.

CBs aren’t as valuable as WRs these days. That is why the Pats couldn’t tag and trade JC Jackson last year. If the Pats had a WR who was comparable to what Jackson was as a CB hitting free agency, they could have easily tagged and traded him for a first round pick or more.
But they give cooper as an example as well
Browns took the cap and the trade price was cheap for a player his caliber
Dhop for a second is insane if we have to take the cap as well
A fourth seems about right

I'm ok with JC walking he was great for us and the guys a a ball hawk.. but he never could challenge teams #1 WRs
So glad he got paid. So totally understand why we didn't tag. If we could get Hopkins for a 4th.. then I'd say it's a no brainer.. I'd still like to have some CBs on my team that can challenge WRs..

I'd agree, and at this stage In his career with the injuries and all. But on this offense he's instantly the number 1 WR.

OBJ is still worth signing. When he's on he's a hell of a route runner, great hands and fights DBs on contested balls.

I know we'd never sign him.. so I'd bet you we get BB favorite robbie Anderson... after D hop gets traded to KC..
No on robbie Anderson. He sucks. Period. End of story.

Who is MLFootball? Do they have any higher credibility than Simon Charles, Erika Leigh, Sharks of Vegas, and Incarcerated Bob?
Not really a news breaker they really just retweet when the main guys/gals break news. Think of it as your one stop place for all football breaking news. I'm not sure about them having agents talk to them though

Feels like the pathway to fill all their weaknesses is right in front of them and should not be exceedingly difficult.

1. Draft a #1 corner with top pick
2. Sign a decent (not necessarily “elite”) right tackle in free agency
3. Sign a quality off-ball LB
4. Trade for a WR to be their #1 receiver

Money should not be an issue, they can restructure or possibly extend a couple guys to move money into 2024 to accommodate those moves if needed. Otherwise, keep who they have, consider keeping Jonathan Jones and Meyers if their markets are not obscene, and then target best players available in the draft with their many picks. Possibly emphasize tackle prospects.

Of course, points 1 and 2 are flexible - if they can sign a #1 corner or they keep Jones and add another solid veteran, perhaps use that top pick on a tackle and skip spending too much on a free agent tackle.

Go for Higgins or Jeudy if it’s a trade.
Otherwise Campbell or Berrios in free agency.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back