PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forgive me: I tuned into Squeaky and the Douche today...

You're partially right and partially wrong. Yes they haven't won games like they used to since sometime in 2019, however they are the Patriots of old, they still have the mantra' us against the world' and they will always play with a chip on their shoulders as long as Bill is running things. He likes that and does not want them bothered with the outside noise and getting complacent ! I was also cherishing the underdog role !

I hear ya. I think externally people still expect the Pats to figure it out and go on a run in Nov/Dec/Jan. But that didn't happen in 2019, got worse over time. Didn't happen in 2020, didn't get better. So the luster is fading a bit. BB may be the best but if his staff isn't great then you have a 0.500 team the last 2 years.

Hate them or not, it’s not like they’ve been unfair in their general analysis of the team in recent years. They give them their due when playing well.

Those guys are like junk food -- about 30-percent of what they offer has any relevancy, the rest is empty calories. What bugs me is how they bend over backward to emphasize they're not fans of the team. I believe it's possible to have a rooting interest and still be objective in what they do. Jim Murray has become especially irritating with his obnoxious Brady worship/anti-BB crapola, which thankfully is consigned to its own bobo forum here.

Felger and Mazz are the worst listening on local radio - and that includes all of the public radio, country music, foreign language electronic dance crap, religious programming, and whatever whack job lunacy AM conjures overnight. I listen every day on the way home from work, and by about 2:08 every day I shut the radio off in disgust. I've been on family leave for 3 weeks, and not listening to Felger and Mazz has changed my life.

What angers me the most about their show is that their anti-Belichick dreck is completely self-serving. They express active desire for him to fail despite being alleged fans because he does not give them the time of day. That is all. Belichick makes their job harder, so they go out of their way to demonize him.

Felger and Mazz expect, as members of the media, that they are owed something by the coach. What does the coach owe the media? The media painted Belichick as a surly boring loser from the day he was signed. They invented the "the team hates their coach" nonsense in 2003. They invented and perpetuated spygate. They invented and perpetuated inflategate. They turned Brady's last 3 years into a WWE soap opera and actively drove a wedge between coach and QB. Now they want his head because God forbid the franchise went one year as a non-contender while rebuilding from the loss of the greatest ever to play the game.

Sports media makes me sick. What a bunch of useless hacks, pretending to be contributing members of society. All Belichick owes the media is a tall middle finger and a flaming paper bag filled with dog poop.

Love the nickname Squeaky & the Douche. I'm going to steal that going forward.

Tuning in after the 2014 SB when there was so much good to talk about instead Felger turned it into a irrelevant conspiracy theory show about something unimportant. I can't even remember what it was and I have a terrific memory. So for it to be that vapid in that circumstance is going above and beyond in term of idiocy even for S&DB.

I will tune in when I know they have guests on or when some big news breaks and I want to hear what's being said but I probably listen to less than 5% of their air time and I'm all the happier for it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back