PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FO Film Study from December 2013: Brady in decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this is why I don't read sites like this. It is near impossible to judge Brady's rate of decline from what we saw last year. Injuries decimated this team. Gronk, Vereen, Dobson, and Amendola all missed time and when they played played much of the year at less than 100%.

If you look at the small stretch where Gronk was healthy and Dobson was emerging, Brady was as good as Brady has always have been.

If you look at the small stretch where Gronk was healthy and Dobson was emerging, Brady was as good as Brady has always have been.

agreed..so what does that tell YOU??..it tells ME that the historically efficient Brady was rendered almost completely ineffective in a game where the DT's bullrushed the pocket and prevented him from throwing from a pocket. Brady???...no...interior offensive line...center...right guard...turnstiles with NO push, over run like Custer at Little Big Horn. Now there's this sentiment that we go right back into THIS season starting the same two players at the same positions...that is literally the definition of insanity.

I'm sorry, but this is why I don't read sites like this. It is near impossible to judge Brady's rate of decline from what we saw last year. Injuries decimated this team. Gronk, Vereen, Dobson, and Amendola all missed time and when they played played much of the year at less than 100%.

Don't forget Vollmer missed the second half of the season and playoffs as well, Solder missed 1, Cannon 2. Ridley had some costly fumbles and sat once, he endured the 2nd most drops in the league (41) and 2nd most sacks of his career as well, although 40 allowed ranked 20th so not as horrible as it may sound ('Fins gave up 58). It was a tough year for the offense period.

Having said that if you asked every fan in the league would they take Brady over their QB only a handful would say no (Den, Sea, Ind, NO, GB maybe Car and of course hateful Jest fans).

Brady in decline is better than almost anyone in their prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3