PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: A 1st and 4th for Garoppolo? Not so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you suppose they do with the QB they drafted #1 overall 3 years ago?
Are you telling me Jimmy g is better in your mind that bortles plus a 1 and a 4?

Trading bottles is how Jacksonville recoups some of the jimmy traded draft picks.

Trading bottles is how Jacksonville recoups some of the jimmy traded draft picks.

They won't get **** for Bortles if they decide to trade him at his lowest value. If they are very lucky they might get a 4th round pick out of it..

sometimes I just hate players because of their names...Bortles...I do NOT want any Bortles on the Pats....sounds too much like Turtles...or Turdles...

...Or...

They are invested in bortles. He is talented. He took a step back this year but a lot has to do with having a crap team around him.

That's like blaming the Broncos offense that had Decker and DT for Tebow's performances.

They are invested in bortles. He is talented. He took a step back this year but a lot has to do with having a crap team around him.

For real though. Jacksonville's offense is far from being crappy.

Receiver-wise, they are actually pretty good.

That's like blaming the Broncos offense that had Decker and DT for Tebow's performances.
Come on that's ridiculous.

For real though. Jacksonville's offense is far from being crappy.

Receiver-wise, they are actually pretty good.
Line sucks. Rb sucks. They have allen Robinson.

They will never do this. won't even think about it. It makes no sense at all.

His argument about Culter and Kaepernick being available hurting Garoppolo's value is laughable. A team trading for Garoppolo will be trading looking for a potential franchise QB, not a place holder until they find that franchise QB.

Romo doesn't count that much either. He is only attractive to a team a QB away from contention. He isn't going to a team like Cleveland or San Fran who have to rebuild a roster.

Romo has also shown he can't last a season. But JAG's durability is also a valid concern.

Romo has also shown he can't last a season. But JAG's durability is also a valid concern.
Well in this thread I am being told that the #1 overall who did decent as a rooki played very well in year 2 then took a step back in year 3 is now a guy who's career is over and should be given away so they can trade a top 5 pick to get a guy who played 6quarters in 3 years then got hurt but he is a can't miss surecthing based on those 6 quarters. So your logic may not be welcome here.

Line sucks. Rb sucks. They have allen Robinson.
Lee and Hurns aren't that bad either.
They also have Thomas at TE, which isn't great, but when healthy he was serviceable.

Lee and Hurns aren't that bad either.
They also have Thomas at TE, which isn't great, but when healthy he was serviceable.
Hurns is mediocre and been hurt. Lee is an average #3 at best and that's a stretch.
Serviceable is what you have when you are a poor team.

I'm wondering if SF will try to get Caserio and MacDaniels as a package? Then a trade for Garrapolo.

Mike Glennon is going to get big money

Hurns is mediocre and been hurt. Lee is an average #3 at best and that's a stretch.
Serviceable is what you have when you are a poor team.

Bortles has not gotten the coaching

You never know what the Pats brain trust is thinking. Puzzled when the Pats drafted Brissett, but then I thought it opened up the possibility of trading Garrapolo if the right deal came along. Pats seem more interested in accumulating picks in rounds 3-5 than getting a first rounder. I'm always disappointed and shocked by Pats personnel moves but they always land on their feet. No longer surprised by any move, - Collins, C. Jones, Cooper from Arizona immediate release. Tavon Wilson, Richards, Cyrus Jones, Rasi, Merriwether. James White pick I hated but he now is Faulk/Woodhead replacement. Would not be shocked to see M. Bennett allowed to walk or any move with Gronk. No longer speculate on any Patriot moves, just wait and see. One player I'm very high on is Reuben Foster, Alabama - great intimidating tackler.

Jimmy will be the number one QB this offseason, the other QB have been in the league for a while and they failed miserably the last few seasons. Teams the reason they make trades with the Patriots is because we know how to bring the best out of our players potentials and the amount of coaching they received from our staff.

I see the Bears, 49ers, Jacksonville, Texans, Bills, Jets, Browns all needing a QB...

I'm sure all of the above are willing to trade their first rounder in order for them to get a starting QB ready to go in the first game.

I doubt we trade Jimmy to a divisional opponent, ideally I'd want him to go to the NFC but I'd be okay with him going to Jacksonville or the Texans. We need to get all the value we can to be in the win now position while Brady is still healthy, ideally another 2 SB rings.
We are gonna be a bit tight next year after we extend Butler and Hightower. But if we get two first round picks, one ours and the other for Jimmy then we will be good to go for few more seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back