PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: A 1st and 4th for Garoppolo? Not so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying McDaniels is only going to an organization where he gets "his" QB
He will go to an organization that offers him a job. He doesn't get to pick who offers.

If that happens to be Garoppolo then yes, that's an arrangement that would likely be brokered before it's announced (they'd never announce the quid pro quo connecting coach and player - but it's happened before and it will happen again.)
So a team is going to offer him a job and he is going to say you can't have me if you don't trade whatever my current team wants for their backup QB who has played 2 games.
He will be shown the door.

And I expect that McDaniels would be moving on with Belichick's blessing - preferably NOT to a division rival - ideally in a totally different conference. And if that's the case, no Belichick will not hold Garropolo hostage and demand the next decade of 1st round picks from McDaniels.
What basis do you have for this?
Why would BB take less than he can get? BB will value Josh's success over the patriots?
What's next if they play and josh really needs a win BB will throw a game?

He'll demand what's fair - and perhaps a little less than what's fair if he can keep Garoppolo from going to a division rival, and out of respect for McDaniels who seems to recognize what Mangini didn't about benefitting from being on the Belichick coaching tree
yoy are in a fantasy world

Last edited by a moderator:
He will go to an organization that offers him a job. He doesn't get to pick who offers.

So a team is going to offer him a job and he is going to say you can't have me if you don't trade whatever my current team wants for their backup QB who has played 2 games.

Whay badus do you have fit this?
Why would BB take less than he can get? BB will value Josh's success over the patriots?

Good to see nothing's changed with you - still putting words in people's mouths and generally attempting to start arguments over arcane points

Continue to believe that McDaniels will leave the Patriots to go to a team in complete disarray with no QB and no offense capable of winning in his system with no say over the roster

I can tell you for sure that is NOT going to happen. McDaniels has learned the lessons of the past and will NOT go to a team unless he can have a QB of his liking

And if a team says "Come here and coach - but we're not going to be open to a trade (or draft) for a QB of your choice " then Josh should thank them profusely for "showing him the door" for having the *gasp* chutzpah to expect such control as a head coach

As I said (I have to keep repeating this since you keep putting words in peoples mouths and everything is all or nothing/black and white with you) the biggest "IF" is "IF" McDaniels wants Garoppolo

IF he wants Garoppolo - then Garoppolo's trade value goes up. It doesn't matter how many mediocre QBs are on the market.

But I have no idea why you seem to think the notion of McDaniels seeking a trade for the QB he knows best is such a crazy idea

Probably the reason why you're NOT a GM or Head Coach

Whay badus do you have fit this?

I think the truth is in the middle somewhere.

Obviously, Josh can't demand that he goes to Pittsburgh and tells Rooney they have to fire Tomlin, trade for Jimmy, and do whatever he wants.

At the same time, he doesn't have to accept any offer he gets, no matter how ****ty it is, and suck the owner's **** to get a job.

Josh will have some push and pull. He will take a job he's comfortable taking. If he isn't happy with the options, he'll stay in New England doing what he's doing.

He has some pull in negotiations, he doesn't have full control over the situation. But he's not desperate for work. He has a day job, and he's happy to do it. If something better comes along, he will obviously look into it. But if it's not better, he isn't leaving, even if it is for a bit more money. People turn down less money every single day when it comes to their jobs. There are many other factors besides money.

Good to see nothing's changed with you - still putting words in people's mouths and generally attempting to start arguments over arcane points

Continue to believe that McDaniels will leave the Patriots to go to a team in complete disarray with no QB and no offense capable of winning in his system with no say over the roster
And you say i put words in your mouth?:rolleyes:

I can tell you for sure that is NOT going to happen. McDaniels has learned the lessons of the past and will NOT go to a team unless he can have a QB of his liking
You have no way at all of knowing what McDaniels thinks. You have no idea how he will respond if he gets offered a job YOU consider bad. You are making this up.

And if a team says "Come here and coach - but we're not going to be open to a trade (or draft) for a QB of your choice " then Josh should thank them profusely for "showing him the door" for having the *gasp* chutzpah to expect such control as a head coach
You didn't say they would be "open to trade for or draft a QB he likes" you said trading for garapolo no matter the cost would be a demand.

As I said (I have to keep repeating this since you keep putting words in peoples mouths and everything is all or nothing/black and white with you) the biggest "IF" is "IF" McDaniels wants Garoppolo

IF he wants Garoppolo - then Garoppolo's trade value goes up. It doesn't matter how many mediocre QBs are on the market.

But I have no idea why you seem to think the notion of McDaniels seeking a trade for the QB he knows best is such a crazy idea

Probably the reason why you're NOT a GM or Head Coach
And you are lol.

It's not crazy that he may want to trade for garapolo. It's crazy that you think he can interview for a job by demanding it and that you think BB will give him to mcd cheaper so it makes his job easier at the expense of BBs own team getting what it could.

I think the truth is in the middle somewhere.

Obviously, Josh can't demand that he goes to Pittsburgh and tells Rooney they have to fire Tomlin, trade for Jimmy, and do whatever he wants.

At the same time, he doesn't have to accept any offer he gets, no matter how ****ty it is, and suck the owner's **** to get a job.

Josh will have some push and pull. He will take a job he's comfortable taking. If he isn't happy with the options, he'll stay in New England doing what he's doing.

He has some pull in negotiations, he doesn't have full control over the situation. But he's not desperate for work. He has a day job, and he's happy to do it. If something better comes along, he will obviously look into it. But if it's not better, he isn't leaving, even if it is for a bit more money. People turn down less money every single day when it comes to their jobs. There are many other factors besides money.
He can't pick his own job. He will be fortunate to be offered one. If he is if course that team will buy in to what he wants to do.

What won't happen is he walks in and says Jimmy g at any price or you can't have me. That will get someone else that job.

He can't pick his own job. He will be fortunate to be offered one. If he is if course that team will buy in to what he wants to do.

What won't happen is he walks in and says Jimmy g at any price or you can't have me. That will get someone else that job.

I just said that.

At the same time, he's not mandated to take any job offered to him either, which you seem to think he has to.

He will take the best job available to him, but it might end up being the OC position with the New England Patriots. But he won't take any HC job just for the sake of taking a HC job.

I just said that.

At the same time, he's not mandated to take any job offered to him either, which you seem to think he has to.

He will take the best job available to him, but it might end up being the OC position with the New England Patriots. But he won't take any HC job just for the sake of taking a HC job.
If he wants to be a HC he will seriously consider an offer if he gets one. They don't come along often and they are very competitive.
If ownership is solid and he isn't asked to work for a GM he isn't on the same page with he should take the job.

And you say i put words in your mouth?:rolleyes:

You have no way at all of knowing what McDaniels thinks. You have no idea how he will respond if he gets offered a job YOU consider bad. You are making this up.

You didn't say they would be "open to trade for or draft a QB he likes" you said trading for garapolo no matter the cost would be a demand.

And you are lol.

It's not crazy that he may want to trade for garapolo. It's crazy that you think he can interview for a job by demanding it and that you think BB will give him to mcd cheaper so it makes his job easier at the expense of BBs own team getting what it could.

And yet you've seen Belichick take less in trade in the past for numerous reasons - including a desire to choose where someone goes - ensuring it's not with a division or even conference rival

But if you think McDaniels is going to accept a head coaching job where he doesn't get to choose his QB you're crazy (the Tebow choice notwithstanding - I don't think anyone is going to suggest Garoppolo is the next Tebow)

And gee - yes you're right - I guess I did say that they should demand 10 first round picks for him and that McDaniels would demand his team pay that... or MAYBE do you think it's possible I was being sarcastic? :rolleyes:

You're really something else - kindof sad really.

And yet you've seen Belichick take less in trade in the past for numerous reasons - including a desire to choose where someone goes - ensuring it's not with a division or even conference rival
No he hasn't. He traded Bledsoe in the division. You are making this up it never happened.

But if you think McDaniels is going to accept a head coaching job where he doesn't get to choose his QB you're crazy (the Tebow choice notwithstanding - I don't think anyone is going to suggest Garoppolo is the next Tebow)
You are moving the goalposts. Demanding he gets garapolo to not having a say in QB is a dramatic shift.

And gee - yes you're right - I guess I did say that they should demand 10 first round picks for him and that McDaniels would demand his team pay that... or MAYBE do you think it's possible I was being sarcastic? :rolleyes:

You're really something else - kindof sad really.
You said he should require they pay whatever it takes. Don't blame me for what you write.
What's sad is that you blame me because you say things you apparently don't mean and I call you out on them.

If the 49ers hire pioli as GM, you have to think pioli will go hard after josh.

Once they get josh, the #2 pick in the draft come into play for jimmy.

I am thinking the Browns take Garett at #1, that leaves Allen sitting there at #2.

We franchise Hightower and sign butler to a long term deal and now we have a defense that can dominate next season.

Thought I clicked the wrong thread for a second. Sure it has been said (have not read the whole thread), but the "leak" of a first and fourth to get Jimmy I am sure is just to troll the NFL FO.

Big difference is 1st round #1 and #31, not so much in round 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back