Which QB?

• Flacco

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez has a career QB rating of 72. When Brady has a rating under 100 for a single game, the game thread posters bemoan us letting go of Cassel or how our team is finished, etc.. Just good for some frame of reference.

This is the biggest problem Patriots fans have when discussing Mark Sanchez. They compare him to Brady, potentially the greatest QB of all time, like that has any fairness to Mark Sanchez as a player.

We aren't saying he is or ever will be Tom Brady.

Also, I doubt people would be complaining that much if Brady has an under 100 rating in his first 2 seasons in the league....but that's irrelevant, because he won't be close to Tom Brady, but that doesn't mean he can't still be very good.

Last edited:
This is the biggest problem Patriots fans have when discussing Mark Sanchez. They compare him to Brady, potentially the greatest QB of all time, like that has any fairness to Mark Sanchez as a player.

Also, I doubt people would be complaining that much if Brady has an under 100 rating in his first 2 seasons in the league....but that's irrelevant, because he won't be close to Tom Brady, but that doesn't mean he can't still be very good.

Actually, you had at least one Jets fan here insisting just that.

.....sensible Jets fans.

Oxymoron:
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

—n , pl -mora
rhetoric an epigrammatic effect, by which contradictory terms are used in conjunction: living death; fiend angelical—n , pl -mora
rhetoric an epigrammatic effect, by which contradictory terms are used in conjunction: living death; fiend angelical

;)

I'll take Sanchez. At least he shows up at the end of the game and the playoffs.

I don't know if that is a great indicator. The first year Sanchez got to the AFC Championship game, the Jets only asked him to be a game manager and just not blow the game. Even last year, they beat the Colts despite Sanchez and the they beat the Pats in large part because the Jets defense shutdown Brady until the Pats were in too deep of a hole to get out of.

If we are going to judge a QB by how far he goes in the playoffs, Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino or Jim Kelly.

I will say Sanchez does excel many times in clutch situations which Flacco definitely has not shown, but I don't think either guy could carry their team in the playoffs if they had to.

Agreed. Let me ask you something in regards to your first sentence about being a game manager. Would/Do Pats fans admit that Brady was merely a game manager the first SB you guys won under Belichick, and that he was hardly the reason you guys won (as opposed to your defense/run game?). A co worker brought this up today, was curious on your thoughts.

Last edited:
Regular season it is Flaco.

Playoffs it is Sanchez.

Sanchez drives me crazy in the regular season, but he has been pretty solid in the playoffs.

They both have games were they look absolutely horrible so I would have to say it is a toss up.

QB is the toughest position to play and only a few elite QBs come along per generation. I don't think either one of these QBs are playing at this level at the moment. Is it possible that one of these guys could turn out to be a super stud? Al a Brady and Manning? Sure anything is possible but as of now no.

Flacco for 16 then switch to Sanchez.
Obviously, having a legit QB would be better.

Agreed. Let me ask you something in regards to your first sentence about being a game manager. Would/Do Pats fans admit that Brady was merely a game manager the first SB you guys won under Belichick, and that he was hardly the reason you guys won (as opposed to your defense/run game?). A co worker brought this up today, was curious on your thoughts.

He was a game manager for 58:30 of SB36. In that last 1:30, he was spectacular.

That being said, I think we *all* should get away from focusing on only the Super Bowl and rather the whole playoff run since a title is the end of a 3 or 4 game postseason winning streak. Maybe a QB can get away as a game manager in one game, but good luck doing that in 3 or 4 straight. Somewhere along the way, the QB will have to step up play a key role in a victory, if not win the game outright.

While people may remember Brady being mostly a game manager in SB36, what they forget was his 9-for-9 performance on the 4th quarter TD drive and his 8-for-8 performance in OT vs. the Raiders that postseason. Without that performance, the Pats were one-and-done instead of on their way to upsetting the Rams. The Pats kept the leash on him in the first half (as they did the latter portion of that season), but finally took it off and he delivered with over 300+yds in snowy conditions and the victory in his first postseason start.

Regards,
Chris

The count is up to 11 coaches who did better than Wrecks Cryan, Jet Fan In Pieces....funny how you go ballistic and dare the whole board to prove your idiocy wrong and now that it is a known fact that you were spectaculary wrong...you're back asking these snipy little girlish questions...newsflash nitwit, Brady WON the Super Bowl in his second year...your sexual predator who can't stay away from underage girls has FAILED miserably when thrust upon the doorstep of GETTING to the Super bowl. He's NEVER been there...and has NEVER been close. Stop the crap, Ray Ray...we KNOW it's you.

Last edited:

Great point about comparisons. Sanchez reminds me of Tony Eason. A talented player who does his best in situations where he makes conservative plays successful and getting the ball to play makers to get yards on their own. Sunday's three TDs to Burress were good examples. No great passes, just solid throws of medium to short distance to a place where Burress could make the catch. Eason had a solid set of play makers around him and his job was to get them the ball and keep turnovers to a minimum. When the '85 Pats needed a warrior, they could call on Steve Grogan as they tried to do in the Super Bowl.

Great point about comparisons. Sanchez reminds me of Tony Eason. A talented player who does his best in situations where he makes conservative plays successful and getting the ball to play makers to get yards on their own. Sunday's three TDs to Burress were good examples. No great passes, just solid throws of medium to short distance to a place where Burress could make the catch. Eason had a solid set of play makers around him and his job was to get them the ball and keep turnovers to a minimum. When the '85 Pats needed a warrior, they could call on Steve Grogan as they tried to do in the Super Bowl.

Tony "The Turtle" Eason? Say what you want about Sanchez, but the guy doesn't duck for cover when the pass rush is on.

Thanks. Now I'm having Rulon Jones flashbacks. :mad:

Regards,
Chris

The game's different today than in 2001. The Pats' defense could shutdown the Greatest Show on Turf in that season. With the rules today, they probably couldn't. In 2000, the Ravens won with Dilfer being a game manager, but I don't know if they could today.

If Sanchez was in that time and had a great defense and good running game, I might say that he could win a Super Bowl being just a game manager. i don't think he can today.

Yes, Brady was a game manager in 2001, but the league was different then. Do you think that Sanchez could be just a game manager against the Packers in the Super Bowl and the Jets have any shot at winning?

The count is up to 11 coaches who did better than Wrecks Cryan, Jet Fan In Pieces....funny how you go ballistic and dare the whole board to prove your idiocy wrong and now that it is a known fact that you were spectaculary wrong...you're back asking these snipy little girlish questions...newsflash nitwit, Brady WON the Super Bowl in his second year...your sexual predator who can't stay away from underage girls has FAILED miserably when thrust upon the doorstep of GETTING to the Super bowl. He's NEVER been there...and has NEVER been close. Stop the crap, Ray Ray...we KNOW it's you.

Relax man. Name the coaches for me. Saw the first few you named, but didn't see the others. Be civil about it, I admitted I was wrong by a little (with 6 you named). Didn't catch the others you wrote.

Last edited:
I think.

Sanchez is above average, not by much maybe, I consider him better then 16 other QBs.

Outside of the Ravens game I also consider his over all game has improved.

I predict he will get his completion percentage above 60% by the end of the regular season.

Flacco and Sanchez are about even as far as who is best, with a nod towards Sanchez.

My views are tainted like yours.

here's the last post listing the 11th...SO FAR...there will be more if you continue to arrogantly run your mouth....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...731-ot-norv-turner-burns-rex-ryan-page14.html

just read back...it's all there...YOU pompously declared Rex did what NO COACH has ever done except for "less than you can count on one hand!!!!!!"...you got it rammed back down your lying throat and disappeared...now YOU, a despicable lying Rat fan are telling ME to "look it up!!!"???? Does your arrogance have no "ceiling!!!!!" like your pablum puking "Brady twilight!!!Sanchez unlimited ceiling!!!" ?

I expect more ridiculous stupidity out of you, like your unbelievably stupid remark that Belichick didn't win the Super Bowl until year three....

Figures YOU'D log on,Guns...compared to THIS...uh...what can I call it...THING...you are the Nelson Mandela of Jet fandom....

The girl wasn't underage, young sure but not illegal, so that point is irrelevant and immature to bring up in a football discussion.

I would expect nothing less from you though, my friends who are Patriots fans who post on this site warn me of someone named "Joker" who is the biggest homer the board has ever seen.

I know what they mean now.

Sanchez has been closer twice in the last 2 years than Brady has in the last 3, by the way.

(No I'm not saying Sanchez is better or even close to Brady, what I am saying that your "he has never been close" comment is again irrelevant and shows how sadly your homerism clogs your mind from talking logical football.)

Keep bringing up points that have absolutely nothing to do with this thread topic though, it's funny.

Last edited:
The game's different today than in 2001. The Pats' defense could shutdown the Greatest Show on Turf in that season. With the rules today, they probably couldn't. In 2000, the Ravens won with Dilfer being a game manager, but I don't know if they could today.

If Sanchez was in that time and had a great defense and good running game, I might say that he could win a Super Bowl being just a game manager. i don't think he can today.

Yes, Brady was a game manager in 2001, but the league was different then. Do you think that Sanchez could be just a game manager against the Packers in the Super Bowl and the Jets have any shot at winning?

Considering our defense held Aaron Rodgers to no TD, and 3 FG last year I'd say so ;). But seriously, probably not.

Where is the driving two pencils through your eyeballs option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back