• Sanchez

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So I got to work today and one of the Baltimore fans was going on about how bad Flacco was and blah,blah,blah.

I've never really been a Flacco fan and had been telling him since last year that I honestly don't beleive Flacco is the guy. He's not going to take that team to a championship. The only chance they have is while all of the ancient starting defense is still around and that doesn't look like its going to be much longer.

So the QB talk came up... again. I don't know how but the question came up of who would we take out of Flacco or Sanchez? Since they've both been in the league what, 4 years now.....at this point who would you say is the better QB?

I honestly thought Flacco showed signs of being slightly better than Sanchez. They both have had the luxury of coming into to defensive units that could basically carry them when they had bad games....

I'm not really sure who I'd pick.

I think Flacco is probably the better QB overall, but I think Sanchez has shown he can be decent and mistake-free in the playoffs, which Flacco hasn't. And the playoffs is when it matters, so as much as it pains me to say, I'd have to go with Sanchez.

Sanchez has a career QB rating of 72. When Brady has a rating under 100 for a single game, the game thread posters bemoan us letting go of Cassel or how our team is finished, etc.. Just good for some frame of reference.

Last edited:
Sanchez gets some stick, but he's pretty clutch. Something Flacco hasn't yet proved to be.

I think, In Flacco's defence, the problem is Cam Cameron, who is friggin' over-rated. The Ravens should ditch him - the players they have should be putting up huge numbers.

Mark-3rd season. 41 TD, 39 int's. 72.9 QB rating. 6.6YPA
Joe- 4th season. 68 td, 39 int's. 86.4 QB rating. 7.1 YPA

Flacco's the better QB, but he seems, to me, to be either intellectually limited or becoming shell shocked, because the brain locking I see out of him is getting more and more frequent.

Sanchez all the way. The kid is tough and makes plays when it matters the most. Joe Flacco is a major underachiever. Got the skills but not the mojo or heart like a Sanchez.

I think both are below average QBs and neither are good enough to get their team a Super Bowl win without a lot (and I mean a lot) of help. To be fair to both guys, they both have arguably among the worst offensive coordinators in the league. Gun to my head I would select Flacco because he has at least thrown for over 20 TDs in a season (twice).

The only thing that Sanchez really has going for him is he does step up in the clutch. That said, his propensity for playing God-awful football for most of any given game is the reason he needs to step up in a clutch in a lot of situations.

Last edited:
This is like picking between dog poop and cat poop. That being said...

Give me Flacco. Has the much better arm. Sanchez comes across as Chad Pennington with less accuracy, but much better charisma. Still, like Chad, the arm will always be the limitation to better things. I don't watch a ton of Ravens games from start to end, but if their OC doesn't have Flacco running play-action until it goes out of style, he should have his head examined.

Regards,
Chris

Neither, even as a backup, just no thanks.

this is like picking between dog poop and cat poop. that being said...

Give me flacco. Has the much better arm. Sanchez comes across as chad pennington with less accuracy, but much better charisma. Still, like chad, the arm will always be the limitation to better things. I don't watch a ton of ravens games from start to end, but if their oc doesn't have flacco running play-action until it goes out of style, he should have his head examined.

Regards,
chris

lmao........

Didn't vote,picking one would be favoring the other when they are both bad

This team loss to both those bad QBs.Ouch:mad:Still cant get over that loss last year.If i had to choose one, i would pick Sanchez.Sanchez has more mobility.

Throw Tebow in the Poll....:eek:

Throw Tebow in the Poll....:eek:

hahaha thats funny cause his name came up too. I didnt do it because he's only been in the league for 2 years and really only started like 4 games

Stay humble, my friends.

Both have beaten the Patriots in the playoffs.

Stay humble, my friends.

Both have beaten the Patriots in the playoffs.

Sanchez made some clutch throws last January, but Flacco absolutely stunk in their playoff win. It just didn't matter because the Pats couldn't stop the running game to save their lives and Baltimore's D punked the Pats, setting up short fields after turnovers and put the Pats in a 20+ point hole after one quarter.

Regards,
Chris

Sounds like me: I have the choice between pest or cholera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back