Which QB?

• Flacco

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is in his twilight years....Sanchez's "ceiling UNLIMITED!!!!!!!!"...

JetFan1 IS Ray Ray 19....the ridiculous green homer....everyone DOES realize this, right??

Sanchez has had his growing pains, and bouts of inconsistencies, but he's still just 24 years old. Coming out of college he had only 16 starts.

Sanchez was playing for USC, while Flacco was playing for a much lower level college. Sanchez sucks right now. He's a bottom tier QB who's done nothing to prove otherwise. Flacco is a mid-level QB who's off to a slow start this season.

Bash the guy all you want, but the talent and upside is there, and considering his accomplishments in the post-season, when it matters most, in just his first two years, there is plenty to like, especially when compared to Joe freaking Flacco who has done nothing.

His arm is sub-par, he is terrible throwing outside the hashmarks, he's terrible if he's flushed to his left, and if they ever take the inside slant out of the game, he'll be out of the league the next day.

But his ceiling is unlimited. :rolleyes:

I get it, Pats fans are rooting hard against him, but let's not skew the facts or lose site of the fact he is still a young kid. Most QB's struggle the first couple of years, some even sit. Heck, he's outperforming Freeman, Flacco, Ryan, and Bradford so far this year, and Stafford has come back to earth in the last couple of weeks.

Year 1:

Flacco - 80.3, Sanchez - 63.0

Year 2:

Flacco - 88.9, Sanchez - 75.3

Year 3:

Flacco - 93.6, Sanchez - TBD (currently at 83.0)

Flacco in year 4 is currently at 76.2.

So Flacco's been better, per quarterback rating, in every year equivalent to Sanchez.

Flacco was the first rookie to win 2 playoff games, taking his team to the AFCCG, just as your binkie did. Flacco is also the first quarterback to win a playoff game in each of his first 3 NFL seasons.

So, you can try pulling all the crap out of your backside that you want, but Flacco's been the better QB to date.

Last edited:
Just don't "lose site" of the fact that,as JetFan1 posted during preseason, as Ray Ray19 of course, all 53 Jet players on the roster are each better than ANY Patriot player and Sanchez is a battle tested playoff veteran who has outshone Brady, Manning, Brees and Rothlisberger and,actually ,has the same skills as GB's Rodgers.

Just don't "lose site" of the fact that,as JetFan1 posted during preseason, as Ray Ray19 of course, all 53 Jet players on the roster are each better than ANY Patriot player and Sanchez is a battle tested playoff veteran who has outshone Brady, Manning, Brees and Rothlisberger and,actually ,has the same skills as GB's Rodgers.

I remember hearing about how great that O-line was.... ;)

i think they both suck but i have to say last year in the playoffs Sanchez had three good games vs the pats colts and steelers 3 teams that have played in 9 of the last 11 SB's Flacco could not get a first down vs the 1-5 jags in the first half of the game last night

I remember hearing about how great that O-line was.... ;)

In the back alleys of New York City the Jets O-Line are synonymous with Quality.

Last edited:
This is a very good poll. They are about equal, have accomplished about the same things and are completely overhyped.

Until Flacco gets to the AFCCG again it's got to be Sanchez

The kid isn't very good but when the playoffs arrive,he doesn't make too many mistakes.

It's AFCCG Sanchez 2 - Flacco 1 ...... Nod to Sanchez ...as of this time.

i think they both suck but i have to say last year in the playoffs Sanchez had three good games vs the pats colts and steelers 3 teams that have played in 9 of the last 11 SB's Flacco could not get a first down vs the 1-5 jags in the first half of the game last night

vs.Indy-- 18/31, 189 yards, 0 TD's....uh, I'd say it was more of Peyton having a bad game against the Jets than any "good" Sanchez did.

vs. Pitt- 20-33, 2TD's...failed to gain ONE YARD in four tries from the Pittsburgh ONE...pretty good?...hate to see what pretty bad is...

last night was the first Ravens game I've watched all season and Flacco's receivers were blanketed.

Sanchez in a Ravens jersey throws 3 picks in that game IMO. At least the jets receivers get some separation or make a circus catch in clutch situations more times than not.

I'll go with Flacco but I'd rather pick my nose than pick either one.

Last edited:
Sanchez has had his growing pains, and bouts of inconsistencies, but he's still just 24 years old. Coming out of college he had only 16 starts.

Bash the guy all you want, but the talent and upside is there, and considering his accomplishments in the post-season, when it matters most, in just his first two years, there is plenty to like, especially when compared to Joe freaking Flacco who has done nothing.

I get it, Pats fans are rooting hard against him, but let's not skew the facts or lose site of the fact he is still a young kid. Most QB's struggle the first couple of years, some even sit. Heck, he's outperforming Freeman, Flacco, Ryan, and Bradford so far this year, and Stafford has come back to earth in the last couple of weeks.

here we go again with the just 24 and he had his Growing Pains.:bricks:

did you take a jab @ Stafford?

and you bring up TD passes in another post? 3 of which were caught last week? LOL homer

How did you get this? Are you kidding me? Sanchez's numbers are always at the bottom of the league and they continue.

Like I stated before, if it werent for the defense the Jets have, you guys would never make the playoffs. Everybody you just named has decent defenses at best.

But based on true talent, Bradford, Ryan and Freeman are much better.

Last edited:
judging this year (his 1st) I'd take Cam Newton over Sanchez. I don't think Cam will maintain this.

Newton has surprised me and is making me eat my words. Sorry Mark I won't eat a hotdog on the sidelines w/ you. Sanchez is a brand name b/c of the City he plays in. I question the Brand's quality, but the brand is well known.
NYC has made Sanchez bigger than he is. Gotta love big market cities.

Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).

The New England Patriots

Now this is a 24 year old for you RAYRAY:rocker::rocker::rocker:

it is a Shame the Refs PHUCKED us in 2006 w/ that Phantom PI call... it would be another notch on the Super Bowl Belt.
(If Rex Ryan said that if he had coached the Patriots for 11 years he would have had 7 Super Bowl Onion Rings during that time).... I honestly say he would have eaten more than those 7 Rings :)

Last edited:

Matt Ryan is better than Sanchez and it's not even close

In fact when Brady retires,I would hope the Pats try and trade for a QB like Ryan.....He has the intangibles to be a great QB within the next few years .... Sanchez has the intangibles to be released.

I'd hate to have either one as my QB. Both teams made excuses for these guys that they didn't have WR talent around them. So, they go and load up them up with great WRs (Boldin, Evans, Houshmandzadeh, Torrey Smith, Holmes, Edwards, Burress) and they are still not performing that well. I think Flacco has just hit a skid that he will eventually get over. Unfortunately for Sanchez, I think he peaked at the beginning of last season.

Oh, but in Flacco's defense the WR talent that Baltimore has tried to get for him hasn't worked out. Evans has been injured, TJ Housh just didn't have it anymore, and Torrey Smith is still learning. Plus, trading away Todd Heap this off season was such a dumb move. I'll also say the Ravens O-Line is no where near as good as the Jets is and certainly no where near as good as the Jets O-Line was in '09 and '10. Flacco has definitely done more with less.

LOL, you are such a biased homer.

BTW, Sanchez has 12 TD's so far this year, 4th in the league, I guess he might finally surpass the true stat that will force you to have to change your mind... :rolleyes:

LOL! Sanchez has been freaking awesome this year that most of the JI board wanted to get rid of him until the second half of last week's game. Boomer Easiason said he regressed and lost confidence before last week's game. Let's not turn it into him having a good season because he isn't.

I would cringe to have either Sanchez or Flacco as my team's Qb because I don't think either have what it takes to bring his team all the way. Maybe one day they will, but they haven't shown it. At least Flacco has shown more consistency in the past than Sanchez.

Sanchez is the same guy or worse than he was last year. Upside means crap if it isn't met and they say it is the 3rd year as a starter where a QB should excel. Sanchez clearly hasn't. He is a male phallic symbol tease for Jets fans. He shows flashes of brilliance, but mostly inconsistence. The flashes are enough to allow the Jets homers to think he will be great, but the inconstancies show he probably will be destined for middle of the pack for his career.

Yes, he has out performed Flacco this season, but Flacco has shown more consistence in the past. I think when the Ravens stabilize their o-line (which won't be this year), he will be better than Flacco.

after reading that Jones/Gronk thread I quickly read the title of this one thinking I was reading 'Flaccid Sanchize' and thought admins were taking the board in a diffferent direction...

Until Flacco gets to the AFCCG again it's got to be Sanchez

The kid isn't very good but when the playoffs arrive,he doesn't make too many mistakes.

It's AFCCG Sanchez 2 - Flacco 1 ...... Nod to Sanchez ...as of this time.

I don't know if that is a great indicator. The first year Sanchez got to the AFC Championship game, the Jets only asked him to be a game manager and just not blow the game. Even last year, they beat the Colts despite Sanchez and the they beat the Pats in large part because the Jets defense shutdown Brady until the Pats were in too deep of a hole to get out of.

If we are going to judge a QB by how far he goes in the playoffs, Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino or Jim Kelly.

I will say Sanchez does excel many times in clutch situations which Flacco definitely has not shown, but I don't think either guy could carry their team in the playoffs if they had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft