• Jets 45-3...Call me crazy, beating the Rexies into submission is wicked fun

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Some other game....do tell, please

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forced to pick just one, my favorite is SB 36. One of the biggest SB upsets ever. Look at the roster of this team, and it's amazing they won it all. That was the most exciting playoff run of all time as a Pat's fan. First, the Snow Bowl (my second favorite game of all time), then beating Pittsburgh, IN Pittsburgh after Brady gets hurt. And then top it off by beating the heavily favored Rams. Go back and look at that roster, one of the worst offenses ever (talent wise), nothing but no names and retreads. The 2003 and 2004 teams were great teams, the 2001 team was 1-3 and 5-5 at one time. Amazing job by Belichick that year.

Forced to pick just one, my favorite is SB 36. One of the biggest SB upsets ever. Look at the roster of this team, and it's amazing they won it all. That was the most exciting playoff run of all time as a Pat's fan. First, the Snow Bowl (my second favorite game of all time), then beating Pittsburgh, IN Pittsburgh after Brady gets hurt. And then top it off by beating the heavily favored Rams. Go back and look at that roster, one of the worst offenses ever (talent wise), nothing but no names and retreads. The 2003 and 2004 teams were great teams, the 2001 team was 1-3 and 5-5 at one time. Amazing job by Belichick that year.
Cough, Troy Brown, cough. :mad:

Let's not forget, Troy Brown was a 7th or 8th round pick who was eventually cut by the Pats. Therefore a retread. That being said, players like Brown and Antowain Smith, who was cut by the Bills, are major reasons why we won it all. Look at the offense and defense that year, I think maybe Ty Law and possibly Brown made the Pro Bowl. This was a team of nobody's who believed in a coach's system, played their roles, and won it all. Brown had his best year in 2001, and wound up the #1 all-time Pats receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots 2004 season opener vs. the Colts. Brady was the equivalent of Michael Jordan in his prime during that game.

I especially remember the sick QB scramble with Brady hitting David Givens completely on the other side of the field. I said to myself "Damn this dude is unreal!"

yes, that play to David Givens was unreal. That game was also the unveiling of Corey Dillon's monster year (though he was on the bench for the first offensive series, more Belichick mind games). Factor in the McGinest sack followed by a Vanderjerk shank, and that game does add up to a classic.

While Super Bowl 36 was a close, close second, I went with the 2004 Divisional Playoff Game against the Colts.

Consider the circumstances.....

The Patriots were banged up, without Ty Law and Richard Seymour among others.

The Colt's Peyton Manning was coming off a then-record setting 49 TD season. To show it was no fluke, the Colts absoutetly destroyed the Broncos in the Wild Card round. The Colts had three receivers that each had 10 TDs and 1,000 yards receiving (Harrison, Wayne, Stokely). Furthermore, one of those receivers was to be covered by TROY BROWN!

Record setting offense vs. banged up team using a WR as a DB = 20-3 PATS VICTORY!!!!!

Not only would it have been great to win, but by holding the Colts to 3 points made it that much sweeter. Bruschi was a man possessed in that game.

A reporter (I think Sal Palantonio) raced over to Tedy Bruschi on the field as the final seconds wound off the clock. The reporter began his question with "you seemed to rattle them early..." Bruschi looked at him as if he had two heads, interrupted his question with
"rattled them EARLY?!? WE RATTLED THEM ALL GAME. WHAT DID THEY SCORE, 3 POINTS? Come' on now"

Ty Law has and will be one of my all-time favorite Patriots [but I think that he was overpaid and he underperformed under the Tuna]. With that said, I enjoyed the 2003 season the most and the most enjoyable game, for me, was when Ty Law became the official nemesis of Peyton Manning. Even more so, I enjoyed the hard hits Eugene Wilson laid on the Colt wide receivers [which would all be penalties in today's league].

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 1985. The Pats beat the Bengles to make the playoffs for the first time in years. I had season tix and when the game ended the 5 security guards station at the field immediately got overwhelmed by the fans. That is the famous goalpost game where the fans tore the posts down and git electracuted while walking them down Rt. 1. Me and a buddy went to the Patriots logo at the 50 yard line and twisted one up, sat down and smoked it up. May have been the happiest day of my life up to that point in time.

That was the year my parents got engaged. They got married 2 years later. I was born 4 years after that. Needless to say, I don't remember that game:p

Even more so, I enjoyed the hard hits Eugene Wilson laid on the Colt wide receivers [which would all be penalties in today's league].

Ah yes, who could forget those Eugene Wilson hits.

He absolutely obliterated Reggie Wayne in the AFC Championship Game. It was similar to Ryan Clark's hit on Wes Welker in 2008 (and to your point, the Clark hit did draw a flag).

Earlier in the season Wilson also destroyed Rod Smith in the game at Denver.

Two highlight worthy hits for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye