PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans should cheer Darelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about the contract. It's about the crap he said/says since then. He wasn't a "shutdown" corner for the Pats either. A very good corner sure but he got burnt multiple times throughout the playoffs.

Glad he was here and he was a good cog to have on defense but he has been an absolute ungrateful ass since then.

What exactly did he owe the Patriots? He played out his contract, the Patriots didn't pick up the option, that's it.

Right, I remember that game saving pick he made in the Super Bowl...

Prior to the game they should put the Butler Super Bowl interception up on the jumbotron and then follow it up by showing the Revis Referee pick TD. :D

What exactly did he owe the Patriots? He played out his contract, the Patriots didn't pick up the option, that's it.

??? I said it wasn't about the contract. I did not want the Pats to throw that much money at one player so I really did not care if he signed here or not.

But he has acted like an ungrateful ass since he's left.

In case you missed it.

"Everybody's blowing it [Deflategate] up because it is Tom Brady. I understand that. But if [the NFL] feels he did the crime or he did something and they want to penalize them, then that's that. [The Patriots] have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that. ... Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past. ... Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got Spygate, you got this and that and everything else."

j-png.png

I will rapidly scratch my post in disapproval when I see him.

Good enough. I would prefer dumping your litter box in his jock strap but scratching the post is fine.:D

When Darelle Revis has his name announced Pats fans should give him a cheer.

He is one of the reasons we won last years super bowl after all. I don not blame him for leaving in the off season to go back to the team that drafted him. After the game starts and he is on the field then the obligation is over but before the game i think it be the right thing to do.

I know it won't happen probably but just my take.

Um, First, it doesn't matter one way or the other. Second, um, he's a good player for the Jets. If he never came to the Patriots and stay with the Bucs, the went to the Jets this year would you still feel the same? If not, why not? He was a mercenary - never claimed he wasn't - did his job, got paid, and left. No one wishes him dead or anything, but he is a good player for the Jets now.

Revis was an one year mercenary here. He used the Pats to get the Jets to overpay for him. The Pats used him to get a Super Bowl. He will never be associated as a Patriot like a Bruschi, McGinest, or even Law.

I appreciated what he did last year. He is the enemy now. I have no problem with people booing him.

He is one of the reasons we won last years super bowl after all. I don not blame him for leaving in the off season to go back to the team that drafted him. After the game starts and he is on the field then the obligation is over but before the game i think it be the right thing to do.

I boo every opposing player. Mevis is no different.

The only opposing players that I don't boo are players like Big Vince and Logan Mankins.

I WOULD have cheered him.

Until he stabbed the Patriots in the back about Deflategate several times.

Screw him.

Then again, these are the people that still boo Vinatieri 10 years later after he did nothing wrong but sign a huge contract so...it's to be expected.

You don't get it.

Patriots fans are madder at him because of his stab in the back Deflategate comments.

he has every right to leave for the money I don't blame him one bit but he should expect and deserves to be booed when he comes back. it's the nature of the beast.

You don't get it.

Patriots fans are madder at him because of his stab in the back Deflategate comments.

I think most Patriot fans appreciate what Revis did here for one year, understand his post departure negative comments about Brady-BB-Patriots were just an informed opinion, and ultimately fans will cheer him loudly. Then after the game free rides him will be given to all in a sleigh being pulled by flying reindeer led by a jolly old man with a white beard and a red velvet suit (who just happens to smell of cigarette smoke and old Milwaukee beer).

Two words....................DOUCHE.....BAG

Revis can drown in his own troll piss

I don't care enough about Revis to either boo or cheer him.

I don't care enough about Revis to either boo or cheer him.
Feel like you should just keep it simple. Patriots come out = cheer, anyone else comes out = boo or don't give a ****. But never ever cheer.

Revis was a idiot before he was a patriot and he's a idiot now. he should be booed as loudly as possible. screw him and his big mouth.

Browner was way more important in that Super Bowl than Revis. He took Matthews out of the game when he was killing us and made the key block that freed Butler up to make the interception.

I'd never cheer for Revis. I appreciate the help just like I would any mercenary, but when I think Pats CB and Super Bowl victory, I think Malcom Butler.

I'm just glad it was Butler who made the INT.

Whore24 is a Jet. He was gone just as soon a Woody Johnson opened his mouth and Whore24 knew he could get whatever $ he wanted from Woody.

He does not deserve cheers coming here as a Jet trying to beat my Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes