PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans should cheer Darelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Darelle Revis has his name announced Pats fans should give him a cheer.

He is one of the reasons we won last years super bowl after all. I don not blame him for leaving in the off season to go back to the team that drafted him. After the game starts and he is on the field then the obligation is over but before the game i think it be the right thing to do.

I know it won't happen probably but just my take.
Not after the crap he said about Brady and the Pats since he left. Eff Revis.

I wouldn't boo him for leaving for more money. Every player has the right to maximize their earnings. I'd boo him because of the puke green uniform he wears coupled with the fact that he was an asshat when he was asked about Deflategate. **** him, **** that team, **** New Jersey, **** their fans, and **** their ownership.
Exactly

He is one of the reasons we won last years super bowl after all. I don not blame him for leaving in the off season to go back to the team that drafted him. After the game starts and he is on the field then the obligation is over but before the game i think it be the right thing to do.

What are we cheering him for?

I'm with most here, don't care if he was greedy. I just don't like him bad mouthing our team when he left, at least support the team that helped you get a ring. Taking away their accomplishments chips away at his too. It seems becoming a jet makes you lose your senses. I would not cheer for him.

That would show a lot of class on the part of the fans.

There has always been a difference among posters regarding stars to have left. Most folks consider that such players are no longer very good and should be b00ed. Others choose to honor those that have helped bring glory to the patriots.

There has always been a difference among posters regarding stars to have left. Most folks consider that such players are no longer very good and should be b00ed. Others choose to honor those that have helped bring glory to the patriots.

Thanks, you read my mind.

As I said in another thread, I see it as we helped him get a ring. I lost all respect for him after the comments he made about the coach and teammates that GOT HIM a ring. I care less about him. He deserves nothing from us. IMO

I agree. Give him at least one loud cheer before the boos the next three years. He is a Jet, so he should be booed, but not before he gets a little gratitude for helping us win that elusive fourth Lombardi trophy. Wish he were still here...what a player.

No way do I cheer someone that made these comments:

(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that.… Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past.

Revis added, "Stuff repeatedly happens [with the Patriots], then that's it. ... You got Spygate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence."

Revis on Pats: 'History of Doing Stuff'

In his defense, he had to make quick and short work of ingratiating himself with a fan base who was ritualistically burning his jersey in effigy two years prior.

And he'll do so again when he signs back with the Patriots in two years.

Not from me. I've always defended the players. Not Revis in this case, though. He's still a great CB but his comments regarding the team and cheating were ridiculous.

Then again, these are the people that still boo Vinatieri 10 years later after he did nothing wrong but sign a huge contract so...it's to be expected.

It's not about the contract. It's about the crap he said/says since then. He wasn't a "shutdown" corner for the Pats either. A very good corner sure but he got burnt multiple times throughout the playoffs.

Glad he was here and he was a good cog to have on defense but he has been an absolute ungrateful ass since then.

Nope. And it's for two reasons. Primarily #1:

1. His comments after he left about us having a history of cheating and suggesting that Brady should accept his four game punishment.

2. He is a New York Jet.

He doesn't deserve any cheers in Foxboro. Maybe if he had had the decency to shut his trap once he left here but not anymore.

Last edited:

Nope. If you leave a team that helped you achieve the ultimate goal and then proceed to drive the Cheatriot bandwagon you can go F yourself. EDIT: (Meaning Revis can GF himself not directed @mgteich )

I never booed Vinatieri, Seymour etc.. but Mevis is another story.

Last edited:
Jet

/thread

I think fans should throw dollar bills on Revis as he comes out onto the field.

We knew what the deal was when he left the Patriots. Darrelle Revis would rather get paid to be on Revis Island providing pleasure to Woody Johnson than to win Super Bowls in New England.

Whatever floats your boat, Darrelle.
new-york-jets-owner-woody-johnson.jpg

You know, I generally don't believe in booing, but don't you get the sense that Revis, a total narcissist, would get a bit of rabbit ears if he were booed? Remember the dust up with the pats fans who tweeted that he wasn't an important part of winning XLIX, and he tried to come back that Brady hasn't won in ten years without him?

Also, why would you cheer someone who clearly has no emotional ties to the area and is trashtalking your team? Maybe during his farewell season I might salute the little merc, but not on Sunday.

Revis' s such a mercenary. I think he has been a big influence on malcolm butler though. I hope we beat the jests. I don't want revis gloating.

Right, I remember that game saving pick he made in the Super Bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes