PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fans should cheer Darelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. He disrespected the team and the man who are the only reasons for his only ring. F*** him. boooooooooooooooooooooo

Imo there are way too many Revis threads on this forum. We rented his ***** azz for a year and we got him a ring that he wouldn't have without the 52 other Pats players. He's in the history books, past, finito, done.

When Darelle Revis has his name announced Pats fans should give him a cheer.
Sure, I'll cheer for him. Right after I'm done reading The Book of Judas and hanging up my Benedict Arnold portrait. :rolleyes:

Revis was the third best player on that defense last year behind Hightower and Collins. And the gap between him and mccourty for the next stop is marginal.

I appreciate Revis's contributions to our team last season, but why would I cheer a Jet? This is stupid.

And yes, he was on a team that won a Super Bowl. But let's not act like he was the reason for it. His teams' records without Tom Brady are 48-52 (including the 4-1 start this season). Tom Brady is 153-45 with 3 Super Bowl wins without Revis. Let's be real about who won it for us.

Revis played well, but so did the whole team. The D struggled in the first play-off game against Baltimore, and Brady with Jules and Amendola saved the day, with Harmon clinching things at the end with the pick. Revis did have an INT against the Colts after we were up 31-7, but Arrington and McCourty were the ones shutting down Hilton while Revis played a clearly-hobbled Wayne. And in the Super Bowl, Revis gave up that TD to Baldwin, while Brady led a comeback for the ages and Butler made the biggest play of the game.

To be clear, Revis played a part in our Super Bowl. So did Arrington. So did Amendola. So did Gronk and Brady and High, whose tackle at the end set up Butler. Ditto Browner for that ridiculous jam. Lots of guys did their job.

But only one went to the Jets, then as soon as he could, started spouting off ******** about cheating allegations and attacking Brady and the team. And that guy gets zero ****ing cheers from me.

This is one of those posts I wish I could rate Winner many times. Great post.

Well, respectfully, I am a 180 degree opposite from you and I find it odd that you are mad at him for being a good player, but give him a pass for stabbing the Patriots in the back in public.
I don't know why you let the media off the hook for misinforming him. As for my hating him because he is good... I hated Peyton Manning for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes