PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA WR Donald Jones (Bills) visiting with the Patriots today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Jones once caught 4 TD passes while playing for Polk High School...nothing but the best for Brady, love it!

I prefer David Nelson to Donald Jones. At least Nelson brings size.
But Nelson is terribly slow and sluggish ....... and that was before he blew out his ACL. He does seem to have a knack for knowing how to get open though.

Here is Scout Inc's take on him:

Jones, a former college free agent, is coming off his most productive season of his career. He has good size, athleticism and strength. He isn't explosive but has deceptive speed and quickness as a route runner. He has reliable hands in traffic and is a willing blocker on the perimeter. He was a pleasant surprise in 2012 as the Bills' fourth-leading receiver and fourth-leading touchdown maker.

NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

Sounds ideal for a Patriot. I always think good fundamentals are half the battle when projecting someone as an ideal Pats fit.

You must not watch a lot of football. Donald Jones is a pretty good player. He might have been our #2 last year. He's faster than Lloyd, has good hands, decent size, and was an ascending player before an injury. Exactly the kind of guy you sign instead of dropping $12 million on Mike Wallace.

I watch enough to know when you can afford a blue chip receiver like Jennings you don't have to settle for for a 3rd tier receiver when just got shut out in the 2nd half of a championship game ...again.

They may as well just draft a guy in the early rounds.

I'm get kind of sick of hearing how smart the Pats are and how they have 30 million bucks (or whatever) under the cap and are just good enough to lose.

Its fine going after the Don Jones of the world if you are trying to get under the cap. But this is BS.
Don't forget the Pats are one of the most expensive tickets out there,too.

But Nelson is terribly slow and sluggish ....... and that was before he blew out his ACL. He does seem to have a knack for knowing how to get open though.

Jones ran a 4.49, Nelson ran a 4.54, neither incredibly speedy (neither painfully slow either), I'll take the taller receiver.

Jones ran a 4.49, Nelson ran a 4.54, neither incredibly speedy (neither painfully slow either), I'll take the taller receiver.

I live in Bills territory and see too much of them. I'd take neither player.

I think Nelson could have value on the Pats as a backup to Hernandez but not as a wideout. But with Ballard and Hooman around I don't see any room for him.

Jones ran a 4.49, Nelson ran a 4.54, neither incredibly speedy (neither painfully slow either), I'll take the taller receiver..

Jones also had a 41" vertical jump at the combine!!:eek:

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

So, Donald Jones and the #Patriots in agreement in principle, I'm told? More to come...

So, Donald Jones and the #Patriots in agreement in principle, I'm told? More to come...

hopefully this is competition for the 5th receiver ...

I watch enough to know when you can afford a blue chip receiver like Jennings you don't have to settle for for a 3rd tier receiver when just got shut out in the 2nd half of a championship game ...again.
You should consider watching more.

Hope they didn't overpay...

Ive been calling for this guy to bring in as a solid guy to bring in for camp.

Bill loves guys that perform well against him.

In that case, he should be bringing in about half the receivers in the NFL.

I guess Reche Caldwell wasn't available, this sucks, what a waste of resources.

Jones too tall?

Too useless, 2006 all over again, Brady gives back big so that they can load up and Belichick decides they should save money and go for scrubs. Great way to waste the rest of his career.

If true, goodbye to Edelman?
Then again, who will return punts? Demps the track star???

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes