PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA WR Donald Jones (Bills) visiting with the Patriots today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones made the Bills as an UDFA on ST

During training camp with the Bills, Jones' hard work and play on special teams caught the team's attention.

"He's somebody who beat a lot of people who were deemed to be better than he was to begin with," Duda said. "He went there, went to work, didn't say a dang thing, just kept working. And he ends up making it."

Jones is on all the Bills' special teams units. He also is listed on the depth chart as the backup to Lee Evans at one of the wide receiver positions.
Ex-Lackawanna standout Donald Jones makes Buffalo Bills - Sports - The Times-Tribune

I was hoping the Pats would sign this guy. When I heard the Bills did not tender him on 2/7 he's a guy I really felt BB would go after. In college and the JUCO level he ran complicated routes & schemes with sight adjustments in a spread offense and they also ran no huddle. Seems like a very good fit. He's also burned the Pats in the past so BB tends to like those type of players. Week 4 last yr: 8 rec, 164 yds and longest play of season for Bills of 68 yd TD. Also had 5 rec, 101 yds in 2011 @ Buffalo. 4 starts vs Pats in his career: 18 rec, 319 Yds and 2 TDs. He's a very fast guy as well, 4.46 speed at combine, 6.90 3 cone and has been a complete player as a WR in the pros so far.

Demps has returned about 5 punts as a collegian. The signing of Washington means we've now found our kick returner. Demps can go .....

If true, goodbye to Edelman?
Then again, who will return punts? Demps the track star???

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

I don't have any more info on the potential Jones signing. Agreement was in principle but not inked, may be moot w/ Washington signing.

I would hope it's not related to Washington at all. We need WR bodies, I hope the Jones deal gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes