PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even Time To Smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Quite possibly my favorite non-superbowl Pats picture of all time.

I'd love to know if this was photo-shopped myself.
If it's Photoshopped then I'd like to know how since:
1. He scored a TD like that Sunday
2. The background is perfectly out of focus (long focal length) for the distance from the subject.
3. The background people are staring right at him.
4. It's easy to determine if that's a Buffalo crowd.

Whomever shot it had a very fast focusing lens. This is a very fine shot done by a professional. Guaranteed between the lens and camera body he's into it for ten grand. That shot is not the work of a cell phone.

Is this what Superman feels like?

Yeah, that shot is totally legit. I remember that TD. Pretty much sealed the blowout, pushing the lead to 49-28 at that point in the game. Lloyd fully laid out for it and caught it. A throw and catch that is indefensible. The man is amazing at making acrobatic catches. I can't remember a Pats receiver with that level of body control. I mean Moss scored a lot of Tds but most of his were either of the I beat you with pure speed variety or I jumped higher than you in the endzone. This catch was just an acrobatic marvel. Lloyd is one of those guys who maxes his 'catch radius' if you've ever watched those Sports Science shows concerning football.

This picture was talked about by Fred Kirsch the editor or PFW Weekly.

It's an actual shot taken by one of the teams photographers.

Lloyd has to be happy with this, as it's going to make him a lot of money for the rest of his life - He will be autographing this picture until the end of his days.

If it's Photoshopped then I'd like to know how since:
1. He scored a TD like that Sunday
2. The background is perfectly out of focus (long focal length) for the distance from the subject.
3. The background people are staring right at him.
4. It's easy to determine if that's a Buffalo crowd.

Whomever shot it had a very fast focusing lens. This is a very fine shot done by a professional. Guaranteed between the lens and camera body he's into it for ten grand. That shot is not the work of a cell phone.

I think in this case most people were thinkning %99 of the picture was legit and that maybe the smile was photoshopped but I think it has been made clear by now that this was not anyway.

I think in this case most people were thinkning %99 of the picture was legit and that maybe the smile was photoshopped but I think it has been made clear by now that this was not anyway.
I'm wondering if that 'smile' isn't a grimace of effort, a mouth guard, or both. Since his focus is on gaining possession and keeping it I have a hard time thinking about smiles and poses. As you probably know a cropped shot makes it look like the player is on top of you. For non photographers they reverse the logic and conclude that the subject was right on top of the shooter. Therefore he could see the shooter and smile for the camera. That's just a fantasy though. No player is looking for cameras, and he was not close to that camera. It may look like it but photographers know that between the focal length and the crop you can get right up close.

Another clue that it's heavily cropped is how the subject fills the frame. I think the crop is perfect for my own reasons, but some people don't like aggressive crops. As long as the detail is still there I don't see anything wrong with it. If a crop goes hog wild then you get that carved statue look.

Best shot I've seen in a long time. Maybe the best ever. This shot could go into the Shots HoF. But the best part is that it's real and our guys produced it. Forget the photography part - this is such an excellent hook up between the two guys that it gives hope that they are going to do many special things this year.

I can't remember a Pats receiver with that level of body control.
Very few humanoids have that type of body control.

So the knock on Lloyd is that "he's not a true deep threat, doesn't have the speed", etc. but he sure does get behind guys. He got behind the defense in TN to a ridiculous level on that one blown throw/catch attempt.

I don't think you can expect a lot of YAC out of him just because he's always coming down in traffic at extreme angles and hitting the turf. Fine with me. He is what he is and that was one beauty of a catch.

I'm wondering if that 'smile' isn't a grimace of effort, a mouth guard, or both. Since his focus is on gaining possession and keeping it I have a hard time thinking about smiles and poses. As you probably know a cropped shot makes it look like the player is on top of you. For non photographers they reverse the logic and conclude that the subject was right on top of the shooter. Therefore he could see the shooter and smile for the camera. That's just a fantasy though. No player is looking for cameras, and he was not close to that camera. It may look like it but photographers know that between the focal length and the crop you can get right up close.

Another clue that it's heavily cropped is how the subject fills the frame. I think the crop is perfect for my own reasons, but some people don't like aggressive crops. As long as the detail is still there I don't see anything wrong with it. If a crop goes hog wild then you get that carved statue look.

Best shot I've seen in a long time. Maybe the best ever. This shot could go into the Shots HoF. But the best part is that it's real and our guys produced it. Forget the photography part - this is such an excellent hook up between the two guys that it gives hope that they are going to do many special things this year.

I certainly agree he was not possing or smiling for the camera but it certainly looks like a legit smile to me not a moth piece or a grimmace. I dont think he was thinking I have to smile. He is probably one these guys that always seems to be smiling think Deion Branch or the opposite always frowning LT :D or maybe he knew the ball was coming his way presnap and was smiling the whole way because he saw it unfold as it was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News