PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Breer: Mac Jones "infuriating" coaches with decision making

Most QBs bust. Indeed most - even first round picks - are worse than Mac Jones. They’re not even in the league anymore. It wasn’t a bad pick, but it’s time to try on another one (or more).
Yeah. He’s high floor low ceiling…exactly what he was predicted to be.

To me high floor doesn’t mean your worst is guaranteed to not completely suck… it means when you put him on a good team like say the 49ers he’ll probably do well. But not a team devoid of talent on offense like we are. He has too many limitations to make a team like us better on offense and what we see now is probably all we’ll ever get. Including a lost year of development in 22 and that didn’t do him any favors either.

I guess we could keep him and try to build around him but then why not try to find someone with a higher ceiling and do that?

Funny how the consensus was he was a perfect fit here and it turns out he wasn’t. SF would have been.

I'd rather admit when I am wrong rather than be an ******* when I am right. You choose to be the latter. It just isn't me. But I guess I don't live a miserable life where I relish to be an internet tough guy. Don't get me wrong. It suits you well. But it just ain't for me.

Congrats on your Super Bowl.
Its over.

There is nobody left to blame. You put up a valiant fight to no avail.

Its over.

There is nobody left to blame. You put up a valiant fight to no avail.
— what Bill Belichick will tell your boy crappy zappy when the season ends. What a shame. :crying:

I said he started to be the Tom Brady we know after 2003-2004. That washes with your 2005 MVP comment. He didn't "wake up and decided to be great". It took him some time.

What I'm saying is that it took time for Brady to become Brady. He wasn't the GOAT right out of the gate like the poster I was responding to said. Manning and Mahommes needed some time (a shorter time than Brady) to be great.

I know the Lengend of Brady has clouded some people's memories. He was better than Bledsoe, sure. From 2001-2004 he was probably a Top 10 to 15 QB. Not Top 5 like the poster I was responding to claimed.
He wasn't top 5 in 2001 but by 2002-2004 he was top 5 no doubt
2002 he led the league in Touchdowns
2003-2004 he was in running for MVP without all pros at the skill positions besides Corey Dillon
Where I agree with you is he didn't become "God mode" Tom until 07

This is a mind blowing pair of stats.
View attachment 54472

That stat is hilarious and so embarrassing for Mac Jones! Almost makes you nostalgic for the Cam Newton days.

At least the locker room respected Cam! Oh and he didn't sulk after each interception and give off the worst body language either!

I'm not Team anyone. I was a Pats fan before both of them were on the team. I'll be a Pats fan long after they're gone. I've been very critical of Bill especially the last couple of years.

All I said was Brady wasn't a Top 5 QB off the tip and people are getting their knickers in a twist.
Exactly. It’s “team patriots”.
You root for everyone who is here, and when they leave they don’t matter any more. (Other than appreciating the part they played).

You are the one using the term game manager.
He said Brady wasn’t a top 5 QB in the early years. He’s correct.
That isn’t a disservice to Brady, it’s just the facts. He did his job very well on a great team. Saying he carried them is a disservice to the other 52 players.
He did not but saying top 10-15 is the same thing. It's the same narrative. Never said Brady carried them but the narrative that great D and running game won those 3 SBs and Brady was somehow just there and not making mistakes is patently false.

They were a losing team before he started playing. Anything else is just revisionist history with a narrative that somehow the 6th rounder was not great. It was everyone else around him that was.

Had he been a 1st round pick with the very same performance the narrative would have been vastly different. Anyone who watches those games starting from mid season in 2001 should know that Brady was special from almost day 1.

Last edited:
You can’t measure a QBs impact by highlight reels.
Okay…. He also won three Superbowls. So what are you measuring him as a “game manager” by?

Edit: oh, you’re not?

Last edited:
He did not but it's the same narrative. Never said Brady carried them but the narrative that great D and running game won those 3 SBs and Brady was somehow just there and not making mistakes is patently false.

They were a losing team before he started playing. Anything else is just revisionist history with a narrative that somehow the 6th rounder was not great. It was everyone else around him that was.

Had he been a 1st round pick with the very same performance the narrative would have been vastly different. Anyone who watches those games starting from mid season in 2001 should know that Brady was special from almost day 1.
Back then he didn't put up super stats and had some bad games but when the game was on the line, he came through, seems to me every time but that might be my faulty memory. As the game progressed with more offense he did to, he kept upping his game every year it seemed with maybe a couple down years.

I said he started to be the Tom Brady we know after 2003-2004. That washes with your 2005 MVP comment. He didn't "wake up and decided to be great". It took him some time.

What I'm saying is that it took time for Brady to become Brady. He wasn't the GOAT right out of the gate like the poster I was responding to said. Manning and Mahommes needed some time (a shorter time than Brady) to be great.

I know the Lengend of Brady has clouded some people's memories. He was better than Bledsoe, sure. From 2001-2004 he was probably a Top 10 to 15 QB. Not Top 5 like the poster I was responding to claimed.
He was 3rd in MVP voting in 2003!!! He lead league in TDs in 2002. He had a 1k WR once in Brown in 2001.

Top 15? That's garbage. Did you actually see him play? It's very convenient he just started getting great after the first run of SBs. His 2004 was better than 2005-2006.

He wasn't top 5 in 2001 but by 2002-2004 he was top 5 no doubt
2002 he led the league in Touchdowns
2003-2004 he was in running for MVP without all pros at the skill positions besides Corey Dillon
Where I agree with you is he didn't become "God mode" Tom until 07
Guarantee you he did not see him play. Top 15 is just hilarious!

Game managers aren’t asked to do what Brady did in the last 81 seconds to win a franchise’s first Super Bowl where one mistake would lose it.

I think there’s some posters with foggy memories of Tom Brady early years. He was the feel good story in 2001, but wasn’t “wowing” anyone. 2002 he was taking the next step throwing more. He had some sophomore slump games, but they would’ve had a losing record without him. He also led the league with 28 TD’s. 2003 was kind of rough, but he showed up when he was needed. By the 2004 season, there was no question he was among the elite.

Name guys you would’ve taken over him from 2002-2004 who already had 8-0 playoff record and 3 rings in only 4 years as a starting QB? I wish you luck. Do you guys not remember the Manning vs Brady debates?

Last edited:
He did not but saying top 10-15 is the same thing. It's the same narrative. Never said Brady carried them but the narrative that great D and running game won those 3 SBs and Brady was somehow just there and not making mistakes is patently false.

Revisionist history. If it were that clear there never would have been a Bledoe/Brady debate in 2001.

Revisionist history. If it were that clear there never would have been a Bledoe/Brady debate in 2001.
Debate was not by team. Fans/reporters who did not know better. Again narrative driven 100mm man vs. 6th rounder.

There is a reason he got traded in division.

Okay…. He also won three Superbowls. So what are you measuring him as a “game manager” by?

Edit: oh, you’re not?
I’m not calling him a game manager.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3