PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Breer: Mac Jones "infuriating" coaches with decision making

I don't view Jones as a bust. Zach Wilson is a bust. Jones is exactly as he was advertised in 2021 - a limited QB with ceiling of Matt Ryan and a floor of Andy Dalton. We are getting the floor, a QB who can lead a good roster to the playoffs, but looks bad on an average roster. The only path to success with Jones would have been to assemble a 49ers type roster, and even that would not likely have been enough given the state of the AFC QBs.

An upgrade at QB alone is not going to fix this. The system broke last season, and this season is a reminder that broken systems cannot fix themselves.

We've been looking forward to the 2024 offseason as the payoff moment since Jones was drafted, but at this point, we're better off using the year of flexibility to rid ourselves of some toxic contracts, and reset both the roster and the culture. Parker, Godchaux and Smith-Shuster need to go, and if it costs $20 million of dead cap, so be it.

Seems to me right now that Andy Dalton is Mac's ceiling, not floor.

Come on man, we should be talking about the chances of making the playoffs. With a dub our chances jump to 2%.

View attachment 54473

Or about our chances of a top 5 pick:

View attachment 54474

Of course, the uber homers will tell you a W is more important (despite only a 2% chance of making a difference) than the 50% chance of picking in the top 5 that would increase w/ a L.

I say keep playing Mac, he's doing fine.
I totally agree Mac will find a way to lose to the Giants. Even though every mathematical probability say otherwise. :rolleyes: Homers bet your house.:)

Its over.

There is nobody left to blame. You put up a valiant fight to no avail.
Moment of Silence please.
world cup qualifying team GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation

Mac sucks, I'd be happy right now with simply "good" QB play.

Going forward assuming they re-sign some of these guys, as a GM I'd love to inherit these guys along with a high first round pick, all my picks, the most cap space in the league and the ownership and fanbase:

Christian Gonzalez
Isaiah Bolden
Keion White
Sidy Sow
Chad Ryland
Marte Mapu
Atonio Mafi
Demario Douglas
Kayshon Boutte
Bryce Baringer
Jake Andrews
Marcus Jones
Tyquan Thornton
Cole Strange
Brenden Schooler
Sam Roberts
Jack Jones
Rhamondre Stevenson
Christian Barmore
Josh Uche
Michael Onwenu
Anfernee Jennings
Kyle Dugger
Mike Gesicki
Ja'Whaun Bentley
Kendrick Bourne
Deatrich Wise
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Jabrill Peppers
Pharaoh Brown
Matt Judon
Jalen Mills
Jonathan Jones
Hunter Henry
Ezekiel Elliott
Trent Brown
David Andrews
Adrian Phillips

There's a fair amount of talent there ^

We've seen it numerous times before, even really talented teams with bad QB's can't win.
You just listed the roster and a lot of these guys are going to be free agents.

It seems he's finally infuriated SpongeBob so it looks like we can move on from him.

Seems to me right now that Andy Dalton is Mac's ceiling, not floor.
You don’t what his ceiling is because he doesn’t think, read and react like an NFL QB should. If you fix that he could be very good, if you don’t his ceiling is Christian Ponder.
But sadly it seems to be who he is and not correctable at least any time soon

I had to watch that Mac pick 3 times. The WR was wide ass open in the end zone and the throw was 10 yards short, maybe 15 yards short. Don't remember ever seeing a throw miss that badly when a QB is not running or being hit.

The Zappe pick into triple coverage, well that was just plain old boneheaded. What did he think, he was the next coming of Tom Brady or something?

I had to watch that Mac pick 3 times. The WR was wide ass open in the end zone and the throw was 10 yards short, maybe 15 yards short. Don't remember ever seeing a throw miss that badly when a QB is not running or being hit.

The Zappe pick into triple coverage, well that was just plain old boneheaded. What did he think, he was the next coming of Tom Brady or something?
The Zappeites think so. I mean Tom Brady started his career on the bench and he was a late pick too so it’s only logical that Zappe is Brady 2.0. Lol

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back