PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Mediot logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
On NFL network last night they were talking about how Peyton should win, and if he doesn't it is another knock against him.
And if he loses, those same mediots will have forgotten and/or forgiven him by morning.

At the risk of sounding elitist, I will say this: the bread and butter of the sports networks are casual fans who not only have a very shallow understanding of the game, but no genuine interest in learning more of the intricacies of the game. Most people that watch football are far more interested in gossip and off-field topics than X's and O's. Superficial commentary and oft-repeated clichés are right up their alley; too much detail could cause boredom and a switch of the channel.

Good post, but I'm not even sure it's about the Xs and Os as much as getting immersed in the details in any capacity. I'm not always the best Xs and Os guy, but I pay attention to those who do know their stuff, and do my best to stay informed through proper sources (bolstered significantly by our more intelligent posters here).

The Brady isn't what he once was.

Maybe Bill's buddy Bon Jovi will turn your bunch into a respectable team. Until then, show some respect.

Ok, I know biatching about guys like Cris Carter and Tom Jackson and their biased views against the Patriots is overkill at this point and like shooting fish in the barrell, but their analysis of the Pats/Broncos match up is laughable.

They spend all this time talking about how the Pats will have problems moving the ball because Von Miller makes their defense so much better. And then they argue that Brady will struggle because this is his worst season ever and he isn't up to the challenge. No mention of most of his bad stats were do to no Gronk, Vereen, or Amendola who are all back and healthy and his primary receivers were two rookies who struggled in primary roles and are excelling in supporting roles.

So, they explain away the Broncos poor defensive performances by the addition of Von Miller, but downgrade Brady's current performance because of his struggles when he was playing short handed.

Adding insult to injury, Keyshawn threw in that Brady's poor performance against Carolina should be concerning. Huh?!? Brady had a very good game on Monday night. The Pats lost despite his performance.

Only Ray Ray and Ditka actually said the additions of Gronk and Vereen especially have made the Pats' offense completely different.

EDIT: ESPN hates the Pats so much that Ditka picked the Pats and they still gave his pick to Denver on the graphics.
Mediots--------1
Robo0729-----0

Mediots--------1
Robo0729-----0

Called that one a bit early now didn't you. Probably shouldn't have done a victory lap at halftime.

Did you forget how the Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL in the 80's and early 90's? It goes in cycles.
They went to the Super Bowl in 1986 Einstein.

Called that one a bit early now didn't you. Probably shouldn't have done a victory lap at halftime.

Some people are happy when the Patriots are struggling.

ESPN lost all credibility to me when their magazine predicted the Patriots going 9-7. I think at this point they just want to see the Patriots fall hard.

ESPN The Magazine is still around? Hard to imagine because it was such as ******* joke the last time I saw it, years ago.

I actually don't watch ESPN any more and I don't miss it at all. Their Patiots hate is so incredibly obvious that it doesn't make any sense to pay any attention to What they have to say.

Mike & Mike is the only thing I watch typically on the network. I can sometimes stand PTI. The Mikes do the Pats justice, even Greeny. Greeny, in fact, loves Tom Brady and says consistently that he thinks Brady is the best we've ever seen. I just got giddy even typing that last sentence. I'm on an emotional high right now. It's scary, though, because the crash is fast and hard. Rut roh.

ESPN is not the only network guilty of this behavior, most of these pre-game talk shows favor glitz and sensationalism rather than intelligent discussion.

There are bunch of Chris Berman's and Stuart Scott's who think they are the smartest guys in the room, however they fail miserably...

ESPN?s Sunday NFL Countdown Notes and Quotes: Week 12

From Greg Garber’s feature “The Patriot Way” about New England’s philosophy of letting veteran players go and replacing them with younger ones who make less money:
Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe (1993-2001): “If they decide they can live without you and they can find someone else to play that position for less money, you’re out the door.”
Patriots cornerback Ty Law (1995-2004): “They put a cap on you. They say this is what they value you, and they stick to what works for them.”
Patriots lineman Damien Woody (1999-2003): “I remember coach (Belichick) telling me Bill Walsh once said that it’s better to get rid of a player a year early than a year too late.”

Law: “You can’t help but take things personal, even though you know it’s a business. … I didn’t feel I needed to restructure or take a pay cut when I was at the top of my game. … I think it has cost them championships. I think they let go of too many guys that can rally the troops and win those playoff games or Super Bowls.”
Bledsoe: “I think it would be a hard case to make that their business model is costing them that much. … If you play for the Patriots, and honestly it doesn’t matter if you’re Tom Brady, if they have another guy that can play the position as well or better, then Tom will have his time too, and he knows that.”

On the Patriots’ model …
Johnson: “You’d like to see New England make more of a financial commitment to players that have been in the organization that helped them win football games, but that’s not the way this game works.”
Lewis: “This is simply the way the Patriots do business … Their loyalty is not in the player. The loyalty is into the system. As long as the system keeps rolling, we don’t really care what the player feelings are.”
Ditka: “Same thing happened with the 49ers. Bill Walsh got rid of a lot of guys. … They could still play but one or two years later they weren’t going to be the same players.”

ESPN is right, the Patriots suck.

that's why our record is only 8-3. If we didn't suck we'd at least be 11-0 by now.

A couple of times now I have heard the sentiment that

The Patriots did everything possible to give it away in the first half, then the Broncos did everything possible to give it away in the second half & OT.

Excuse me!

Did you see a QB take the field 24 points behind (so the D had no need to play the run), face a 20-25 mph headwind, pass for over 200 yards in a quarter into that wind, and take the game away?

Sure the turnovers helped a lot. But that performance was for the ages too. Noodle-armed fivehead did nothing like that in the first half.

I heard also on the radio today that pats offense had trouble vs carolina this week. Even Dan Patrick said pats got man handled when tom curran corrected him that they killed themselves on each drive and their shortest drive was 8 plays. Does this mean much today? dont think so. Denver plays a lot of man defense which might be a challenge for us since its something which troubles us usually but this logic of ESPN is expectedly useless.
12 -13 yrs when i started following this game of football and got hooked i was a sucker for these ESPN shows but they have gone consistently downhill and after spygate i dont watch ESPN show at all.

The Patriots had only 6 drives and the 59 second one last Monday.

Patrick has the same problem many here have.

Believe something, find a play that agrees and then extrapolate that out. It's circular logic.

The Ridley fumble was the play. What was proved it teams that win the turnover battle win games.

That's why I love Deion he appreciated Brady more than Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back