PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN.com's Early Free Agency winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on God's green earth are we #2 behind the 49ers?

I don't agree with that either, but I think they are looking at the fact that the 49ers acquired a starting CB, a starting S, a good LB and a good WR.

We got a starting Pro Bowl caliber LB, backup RB, good TE, and a good WR.

Overall, got more starters, that why. But I still think the fact that they overpaid has to come into consideration and make them fall into the other direction.

I don't see how the Dolphins are winners. I don't care if they did sign Porter. I don't see them as being winners. They are without their best QB (Harrington) and their 2 best receivers (Welker and McMichael). Kevin Carter helped take pressure off Taylor.

I don't see how the Dolphins are winners. I don't care if they did sign Porter. I don't see them as being winners. They are without their best QB (Harrington) and their 2 best receivers (Welker and McMichael). Kevin Carter helped take pressure off Taylor.

Don't you remember? They were supposed to be the division winners last season, succeeding the Jets from the season before. Now, with their new coach, CCameron, who's supposed to be an offensive genius, they're going to get all the press until they prove undeserving and the scribes limp off to anoint another "winner" of some sort.

I'm trying to figure out how the doofins ended up in 3rd friggin place right behind us....when the ONLY decent move they made was picking up Porter....who as we all know can be tremendous...but plays ON AND OFF alot during a season. I see him as being a major discontent next year while Miami tries to rebuild. Also, let's be honest.....Zach Thomas isn't getting any younger and has lost a step...He has serious neck and back injuries....I would be surprised if he makes it through next season........NOW.....when is clayton going to mention their terrible BLUNDER in letting Welker get away from them....and releasing McMichael?? These two things will come back to haunt them. How does Miami get ahead of Denver......and Why are we second to San Fran. Clearly the Pats have had the best FA offseason.....PERIOD!!! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

Clayton needs to stick with perfecting his dungeons and dragons strategy and stop acting like he knows something about a man's game.

Except for Jaws....who really cares what ESPN thinks? They have lost any credibiltiy a long time ago IMHO. They are sports-lite. Kind of like eating at a Chinese buffet....lots to pick from but no real meat and potatos.

Yeah. It was definitely a huge mistake re-signing Richard Seymour last offseason. What were we thinking?

Yep and too bad we locked up Dan Koppen for a mere 35 million. Based on the offensive lineman I've seen in Free agency this off season, I'd be willing to wager Koppen would be looking at 60 million 35 million guaranteed.

On paper, the pats had a great off season so far... but who knows how it will all play out.

How on God's green earth are we #2 behind the 49ers?

Really. It seems like the 49ers are trying to make a return to cap hell with all these signings.

I'm stunned Mr. Peepers didn't list his beloved Colts as one of the biggest FA winners so far.

I'm stunned Mr. Peepers didn't list his beloved Colts as one of the biggest FA winners so far.

So I wasn't the only one expecting something like, "1. Indianapolis Colts - They've retained most of their free agents and they have Peyton Manning. The brilliant Colts are clear winners once again." ???

i can't believe this wasn't mentioned until the 22nd post

i don't want my team mentioned in this gaggle of clowns

jason taylor+zach thomas+joey porter=one more year of jason taylor's career wasted on a s.uckas.s team

Last edited:
i can't believe this wasn't mentioned until the 22nd post

i don't want my team mentioned in this gaggle of clowns

jason taylor+zach thomas+joey porter=one more year of jason taylor's career wasted on a s.uckas.s team

Apparently Porter actaully said during his press conference that he thinks the Dolphins are contenders. :rofl:

Yeah, why didn't we sign Adalius Thomas last year?!!!

What he means is that if the Pats signed one or two good players last year, they would have won the Super Bowl (i.e. replace Dieon Branch in season via Javon Walker, etc so that getting a 1st down in the 4th quarter to win the AFC championship game by killing the clock would be more realistic). There also may have been backup LBs last year, just maybe who were FAs, that could play more affectively than Alexander unless you think a 18 yr vet can last for 150 tackles - thats his point and its valid.

I'd be happy with the #2 ranking. for free agency. When you incorporate 2 #1 picks, you will say FA + Draft ranking is #1.

The column wasn't exactly focused on the VALUE of signings, just the player quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News