PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: "Brady Sounds off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
now its all over in ESPN's shows.Around the horn guys are debating whether what he said was good or bad. no one wants to play the question that was asked.

now its all over in ESPN's shows.Around the horn guys are debating whether what he said was good or bad. no one wants to play the question that was asked.

According to ATH. Tom is now a loud mouth, a loser, no longer the golden boy! They quite frankly took what he said out of context saying Brady said he 'wants to kill teams', but not saying why or how he said it. He said it in a conversation about competition and how he plays full out in everything he does; cards, dominos, and all sports in high school, he just wants to win and you go into the game with the intention of a blowout and to kill the opponent.

Completely unfair! Brady is getting raked through the coals unfairly. Just another unjustice!

Also, I keep hearing more and more votes for Moss for MVP. Could be that Brady/Moss cancel each other out and Favre wins. Do not be shocked!

As for WickedPissah.....as far as the Ice Skating comments, The only Ice Skating I've ever done was while playing hockey (I have a couple of scars to show for it). I've never really watched ice dancing or what ever you're talking about, but I will admit, some of the women in those sports are pretty hot !! So if you're trying to comment about my manhood, if looking at hot women in skimpy outfits skating on the ice make me less of a man than you, then you sir, are a bigger man than me.

I hate skating. Grew up in hockey country and couldn't skate. Got thrown off the ice for crashing into people out of control. My own guys.

Simply trying to give you sports to watch that won't offend your soccer Mom sensibilities. One sport I'd avoid watching if I were 250 LBS and you, would be international rugby. The scores are like 80-3. You'd be in therapy for months after witnessing the horror. Maybe golf would be it. Yes, a sport where high scores are anathema. That's it!

Last edited:
Someone on "Around the Horn" was saying that it wasn't good that Brady should be seen as becoming just like Belichick with the suggestion that it's been hard to hate guys like Brady while it is easy to hate guys like BB.

It's amazing that they can't see, or at least will not acknowlege that it's the media that is the problem. They stated part of what Brady said and and discussed it out of context to make it look worse than it was.

Brady SHOULD become more like BB and start answering questions like BB does. If you don't give the media anything they will hate you, if you give them something they can beat you over the head with, they will do that too.

Screw the media, they are nothing but parasites!

These clowns are adding fuel to the fire. When will they learn? The Chip on this team's shoulders just got 10 times bigger.

I'm actually a little surprised (and embarrased) by what Brady and Gay said. I'm very shocked Brady said "we wanna kill teams" , that was so un-Brady like. Nobody in any sport has ever said anything like that, they may think it, but they never say it. I think Belichick should talk to Brady and Gay, and tellem both to STFU. I'm sorry, I'm the biggest Pat's fan out there, but there is no need to say the things both of them are saying. Gay is another story, how dare he say the opponent's D shouldn't be paid, just because they gave up 56 doesn't mean they weren't trying. It just turns out that Buffalo just isn't nearly as talented as the Pats. Flame away fellas (and ladies), but this is just how I feel. Out of context or not, I heard both of them say these words.

OK, here's a sample of things he should have said...

"Gee whiz, I thought, really thought, the whole point of the game was to score points! Oh, well, I'll talk to coach about it."

"It really, really bothers me that we're not 5-5, or maybe even 4-6."

"You know, you gentlemen may have something there. I'm gonna talk to Randy and Donte and Wes and see if we can't arrange it so they'll drop a few passes here and there, ya know, just so we get invited to the post-game beerfest and can mingle without having a lot of tension in the room."

"I have absolutely no intention of 'killing the other team'. Cripes, that would be akin to killing puppies!"

"Since everyone in the league makes pretty much the same money, I guess it's a good idea that we all have pretty much the same records, and pretty much the same points-for totals and points-against totals. That would undoubtedly do a lot to expand the popularity of the league."

"It's obvious to me, and has been for some time now, that what the NFL is really all about is mollifying sports writers and TV talking heads. Frankly, I don't know what's gotten into us, but you can bet your bottom dollar that that's going to stop - pronto!"

"I've got to admit all this whoop-de-doo about our games brings back memories of my rather painful youth, when I'd come home from playing football with the guys with big grass stains on my jeans. My God, how my mother used to blow up over that! Yeah, that's what this reminds me of, and to tell you the truth, I'm feeling kinda guilty right now."

There have been a bazillion threads on tis subject, with some pretty good explanations of what's really going down here, and it's obvious you haven't read any of them. You're the "biggest Pats fan out there"? If you were watching the game(s) at my house, and pulled this crap, I'd throw you out of the house!

Just my $.02...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back