PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders visting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Brown probably has no idea what RFA means

so, who is catching balls from Ben the Rapist this year, besides the underachieving A. Brown??

If the patriots really want Sanders, I would assume they made the deal in a way that the Steelers CANT match it due to their cap restrictions

so, who is catching balls from Ben the Rapist this year, besides the underachieving A. Brown??

Is it official he's been signed to an offer sheet? Been busy all day I need updates people updates!!!! Lol

Pitt has 5 days to match I believe, this might be a topic for awhile, unless they just come out and say "hand over your pick".

Used to be seven, but you are correct that now it's five days "from the date [the team] receives the Offer Sheet."

You're getting it!

Welker isn't replaceable, but, he was over relied on, even if he put up monster numbers it may have been something hurting us, just well disguised. As unstoppable as we were most of the time, we were predictable, it only took a team with the required talent, which we often saw in the playoffs.

We need multiple legitimate targets, I don't know if Amendola, Jones, and maybe Sanders are, but we still have both of our TE's which are better than many teams starting WR's and they will be the focus of most teams now, adding "solid" WRs is a good thing even if they aren't flashy names.

He was over relied on because Gronk was hurt and the WRs were limited.

I mean, how about Welker with Sanders and Jones and Lloyd and a guy like Hopkins?

10 chars....

Good news. Wonder what the figures are. Either way, Sanders is a poor man's Victor Cruz and if we aren't going to make an offer for him, then Sanders is the next best thing.

is this source reliable...at all?

Pay a high salary and give up a draft pick no thanks. Isn't there something wrong with his foot?

Is it official he's been signed to an offer sheet? Been busy all day I need updates people updates!!!! Lol

official to a source that doesn't seem to be well known...no one is talking about it but that 1 random guy

He was over relied on because Gronk was hurt and the WRs were limited.

I mean, how about Welker with Sanders and Jones and Lloyd and a guy like Hopkins?

I think unless 2007 R.Moss walks through the door then Welker would take away from everyone else on the field, maybe deservedly so, but, it makes us predictable and I do believe that it just requires a team with the defensive talent level matching our offense to stop us.

With no ultra reliable Welker anymore, teams hopefully aren't going to know who Brady's first look on 3rd and 5 will ALWAYS be. 9/10 times Welker converts that first down, maybe only 7 times out of 10 now, but it removes predictability come playoffs, when Welkers talent level is matched and instead of 9 times out of 10 it becomes 5/10.

I don't know, I miss Welker as much as anyone here, but I just can't shake the feeling that Welker may have led to some of our other receivers not developing proper chemistry with Brady because Welker was always going to be the first look, and was usually open in the regular season.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN
Okay... RT @_ErikaLeigh: Confirmed: Sanders has an offer sheet from the #Patriots, meetings concluded for the day

She's blowing all the other local writers out the water. Then again, maybe that's how she's getting her scoops.

Yup. She has had a lot of news before anyone else.

She's blowing all the other local writers out the water. Then again, maybe that's how she's getting her scoops.

I think unless 2007 R.Moss walks through the door then Welker would take away from everyone else on the field, maybe deservedly so, but, it makes us predictable and I do believe that it just requires a team with the defensive talent level matching our offense to stop us.

With no ultra reliable Welker anymore, teams hopefully aren't going to know who Brady's first look on 3rd and 5 will ALWAYS be. 9/10 times Welker converts that first down, maybe only 7 times out of 10 now, but it removes predictability come playoffs, when Welkers talent level is matched and instead of 9 times out of 10 it becomes 5/10.

I don't know, I miss Welker as much as anyone here, but I just can't shake the feeling that Welker may have led to some of our other receivers not developing proper chemistry with Brady because Welker was always going to be the first look, and was usually open in the regular season.

Your logic makes zero sense to me. The Patriots have not had outside threats since Moss left. We've had TEs and Welker. So people are complaining that Brady focused too much on Welker? When Branch wasn't getting open? When Gronk was hurt?

It's one of the more bizarre pieces of reasoning that I've ever heard. Brady focused on Welker because he was open, because he was reliable, because we had no outside threats, guys who could get open, and his TEs were injured off and on.

People make it sound like focusing on Welker when you have nothing else is a problem.

My thoughts exactly.

The Patriots offense will look nothing like it did in 2007 and its time to move on from that ideal/template. It didn't get them over the hump then, and it certainly won't now. This offense will be about creating even more mismatches with Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. That will be the bread and butter next season. That seemingly was the plan last season to make them together the exclusive focal part of the offense, but their injuries prevented that from occuring.

Amendola and Sanders are perfect fits in the sense that both possess exceptional quickness and explosive ability to get open at basically all levels of the field. And the best part of is that both can line up at all 3 receiver positions and still be effective in their roles. Something that Welker and Lloyd lacked severely. This limitation was even more exasperated once Hernandez was injured and later Gronkowski. Welker can't play outside and be effective. Lloyd is allergic to contact and could not play in this slot. Thus, this limited the offensive scheming last season.

I'm of the opinion that Sanders and Amendola are being brought in to reduce the level of predictably the offense in their stagnant outputs in the playoffs in recent years against championship caliber defenses.

The Patriots obviously want to be more explosive next season. This only proves it.

My thoughts exactly.

The Patriots offense will look nothing like it did in 2007 and its time to move on from that ideal/template. It didn't get them over the hump then, and it certainly won't now. This offense will be about creating even more mismatches with Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. That will be the bread and butter next season. That seemingly was the plan last season to make them together the exclusive focal part of the offense, but their injuries prevented that from occuring.

Amendola and Sanders are perfect fits in the sense that both possess exceptional quickness and explosive ability to get open at basically all levels of the field. And the best part of is that both can line up at all 3 receiver positions and still be effective in their roles. Something that Welker and Lloyd lacked severely. This limitation was even more exasperated once Hernandez was injured and later Gronkowski. Welker can't play outside and be effective. Lloyd is allergic to contact and could not play in this slot. Thus, this limited the offensive scheming last season.

I'm of the opinion that Sanders and Amendola are being brought in to reduce the level of predictably the offense in their stagnant outputs in the playoffs in recent years against championship caliber defenses.

The Patriots obviously want to be more explosive next season. This only proves it.

Then, if the Colts and JEST games are any indication, they should bring back Edelperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back