PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders visting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody been on any Steeler website for thier take?

Some saying they don't want to lose him, some saying they don't care

I wanted the Patriots to draft Sanders a couple of years back. I felt he was a Belichick type of guy with his versatility. I'd like to see him as a Patriot.

Anybody been on any Steeler website for thier take?

I live there (not actually on the website) and they are all freaked out, don't let anyone BS you. It was actually the top story on the news this afternoon.

The thought of losing 2 of their top 3 WR isn't sitting well. The fact that it's NE only makes it worse. Many fans are starting to call out the GM and front office for tendering so low, and not having any cap room.

Does anyone have any links to them actually signing an offer sheet besides that girl and the no name guy? Can't find anything from curran or anyone else...

I think the answer is the draft particularly this year with lots of big outside receivers. Problem is our scouting it sanders isn't too expensive ill give up that 3rd round pick and act like he's a more proven NFL commodity that we subbed for a 3rd round WR but they need to get another outside guy with more upside.

Free agency isn't usually the way to go because of the nutty contracts dolled out. 13 million for mike Wallace O_O

I agree 100%. Probably the deepest crop of WR's I've seen in a long time. Hard position to evaluate but if you were going to make an attempt this would be the year.

I have a hard time seeing them give up a 3rd round pick for this guy. I'm not a hater, I just haven't seen the type of production that warrants it.

Does anyone have any links to them actually signing an offer sheet besides that girl and the no name guy? Can't find anything from curran or anyone else...

You will just have to take my word for it but I heard Curran Say it on Sportsnet. I rewound it twice to make sure I heard it right.

The fact that he wouldnt tweet it too makes me wonder if maybe he somehow jumped the gun on the air or mis-spoke or maybe I despite rewinding twice heard it wrong. Either way we will find out soon enough. And when you figure its just an offer sheet and we have to wait 5 days either way its not like a done deal even if its signed regardless of their cap space.

If they want they have 5 days ot panic and make room.

I agree 100%. Probably the deepest crop of WR's I've seen in a long time. Hard position to evaluate but if you were going to make an attempt this would be the year.

I have a hard time seeing them give up a 3rd round pick for this guy. I'm not a hater, I just haven't seen the type of production that warrants it.

we gave up a 2nd and 7th for a guy named Wes a while back right?

i dont think the past production is something Bill takes into account, i think the potential Bill sees is what determines what he is willing to give up

I've already had one disappointment today when I found out that Donald Jones wasn't 6'5.

For some reason this line made me crack up.

I'd say the kid is similar to Austin who is going to go top 20 this year. So a 3rd for a versatile and extremely fast WR who is just a little older that I've seen perform in the NFL doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me especially when considering Bequette our 3rd rounder last year barely played.

Make this happen now!

If Sanders is signed and the 3rd round pick is traded I really hope that not one good WR gets drafted near this spot. Those Tate Wallace comparisons were so annoying.

Again let pump breaks..there hasent even been an offer yet as posted in another thread. Pitt would be notified immediatly and we would have heard from their side of an offer

The Steelers and Patriots are normally both discrete franchises
So I'm not sure we would hear anything yet regarding offers or not.
Also maybe the Patriots are still crunching numbers so they haven't made a formal offer this time.
Theres also the chance the patriots are talking to the steelers about compensation and other considerations.
There's also the possibilty there wasn't a offer made to a lack of want on his part or something they didn't like when meeting or working him out.

Sorry if it's a repost, but it seems like a lot of smoke that the Patriots have already made an offer and will get Sanders. The tweet from Antonio Brown is pretty telling...

Emmanuel Sanders has an offer from New England Patriots - Behind the Steel Curtain

thanks for that...looks like there is an offer. if they were smart it would be very front loaded..if not front loaded he will stay a steeler. But if the pats really want him...they can take him away. if not. They are just playing games.

Per our understanding of the CBA, if Sanders signs an offer sheet with another team, it is on him to formally present it to the Steelers.

may be why we haven't herd anything yet

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
According to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders HAS signed an offer sheet with the #Patriots

Perhaps there is something to this.

Sanders would be an excellent fit for the team because he is fast. The question is whether or not he can beat the press however.

He has the speed for it and is young

The problem I see here is that we have until tomorrow to decline Lloyd's option, but the Steelers have five days to sign Sanders' offer sheet.

If we pick up the option and get Sanders, then we are on the hook for a very expensive 5th target at best. If we decline the option and Pittsburgh signs the offer sheet, we are out both Lloyd AND Sanders and starting Donald Jones.

Now I like Donald Jones more than most, but that is a baaaaaad situation.

Re: Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today

I wonder what his tender is? Patriots will be active today!! LETS SEE SOME CORNERS!!!!
Lets see some pass rushers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST